Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Angelite

A mirror

6 posts in this topic

A mirror of an awakened human being is transparent. It can see through the other side as is. Clearly

A mirror of a normal human being is opaque & reflective. It reflects the mind of the person looking at it. 

There's dusty mirror, dirty mirror, cloudy mirror...

(Where you can't even see yourself clearly. Your innate nature. Your pure self...)

I like the word 'lens' better...it's the veil that is between you and another soul. 

Connection is only possible through a purified lens. Or else, you'd only see your own reflection. 

If you hadn't turned your mirror into a transparent glass, you're not awakened. 

Those who knows God knows everything

the first, can see the greateness of God's Creations, goodness in everything

the second, can make unbias judgement. You can take their words

and the third, are blind and deluded, forever suffering

Context:

I was reading Imam al-Ghazali's book late at night....it touched my heart....

and it reminds me of the people in this forum. 

How one word will be interpreted with infinite interpretations. With infinite minds. 

When I look out the window, it's the same vision that I saw in my dream last month. 

A bright half moon with sparkling stars.. I got a feeling that my dreams comes true. 

In my religion, we are not allowed to share bad dreams, or else it will becomes true. The way we interpret our dreams,

will determine how it will turns out..

Or...

is it not?

I ended up not sleeping till suhoor(light meal before fasting), the moon reminds me of Mishkat ul-Anwar, a book by the same author.

"The Niche of Light" - I buy it last february when my friend randomly stop by an old bookstore. 

The way he described it is light upon light upon light upon light....

Inspired by this verse;

An-Nur : "The Light"

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: The Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive, neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah does guide whom He will to His Light: Allah does set forth parables for men: and Allah does know all things. 

24:35

I wish to be at least as close as the moon's light(In comparable to God) by the end of this Ramadan

Wait, was it last year?.....Yea it's November.

The Cattle

6:25

Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to you; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to you, they (but) dispute with you; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Translation by 'Abdullah Yusuf 'Ali