Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Norbert Lennartz

The Relativeness of Levels of Existence

2 posts in this topic

What does "existence" mean when we talk about it? This is a tricky thing. Let me draw the following picture.

There is a level of existence that we usually consider "physical" or "materialistic". You can argue about the terms, that's not the point now. I now call it the physical level (Ep) for simplicity's sake.

As living beings we experience many things "physically". But we exist mentally. I.e., mentally we exist on a new level (Em), which lies on the physical level (Ep). At the same time we often speak of a "divine" level (Eg), which we suspect to be behind the "physical" level and about which we cannot say anything else because it is not accessible from our mental level. It would have to happen from the divine level that something shows itself to us that we usually consider "supernatural".

Now let's assume that someone has written a new computer game, a program, in which one of our characters receives an intelligence virtually, so to speak, so that it actually becomes aware that it exists as a character in a computer program. This character would just not call that "game character" and "computer program", but her "person" and her "world". The programmer or administrator of the program would now be "God" for the character. The running program would be the physical level and the character's own dynamics the mental level.

That is now only a picture. But with this I want to show that the concept of existence can be relative, depending on which level you look up or down from. I.e. not that it has to be like this, but we know for ourselves nevertheless that we know the physical and the mental level, and that we don't necessarily exclude that there can be further levels above and below and that life can feel similar no matter from which level. So the concept of the respective level of existence, whether physical or not, may be relative.

But to speak of existence, no matter what level, is absolute, because there is logically no opposite to existence, no non-existence, because that would imply existence. Moreover, we know from this observation that the physical level for the mental level is always primordinal.

The substance of Reality is nothing.  

However Reality is Infinite, so another word for Reality is Absolute Infinity.  It just IS itself.  There is no where else to go.  There can't be anything outside of it.

Infinity allows it the freedom to be A Mechanical - it needs no mechanism and it can be conscious - and feel, and love.

so another word for Reality is Consciousness.  

It's a Mind.

This Mind is nothingness - but since it's Infinite, it contains within it all possiblities, including none at all (non existence).

Existence and Non-Existence or super imposed right on top of eachother because there is no where else to go.

So what you get is Existence and non-existence cancelling each other out - and your'e left with Reality being a Dream - or hallucination.

The substance of which, is nothing.

Again, all possibilities are still included within this Infinite singularity.

That's where the relativity comes in.

God creates perspectives through form, and explores itself through an infinite number of perspectives.

This form - you, me, your coffee table, black holes, EVERYTHING,  is couched within the formlessness, or nothingness, but at the same time its One.  It unfolds as we "be" our perspective, or in other words we create form, from the nothingness.  But it was Always there!

Reality is absolutely Relative in that it doesn't just appear that way - That's how it actually is!  It's only perspectives.

But so much so that is Absolutely so! Making it Absolute!

It's perfect.

Being = Formlessness minus the form

Your perspective is a finitude or part, of infnity, or God - it is form within the formlessness, so it's still both.

Your being it right now!

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.