Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anderz

Breatharianism Journal

540 posts in this topic

The Bible says: "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matthew 6:33-34)

That fits exactly with my interpretation of the ego causing worry because of uncertainty about its own dealing with the future. And the Bible hammers that message even further with "Each day has enough trouble of its own." Notice the word 'trouble'. That's because even to deal with just each day causes trouble for the ego. What's needed is to get rid of the entire ego. That's what the Bible means by: "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." (Matthew 6:32)

"Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is within you." - Luke 17

@Anderz  I'm enjoying reading your Journal. 

Somebody in a recent YouTube gave Descartes - "I think, therefore I am",  as something like the birth or definition of the modern ego and separate sense of self. Specifically, the neurotic self in the head. It may have even been Leo. I can't remember. If someone else remembers hearing this and who said it, please let me know.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot Eckhart Tolle made this statement about Descartes:

“The philosopher Descartes believed he had found the most fundamental truth when he made his famous statement: "I think, therefore I am." He had, in fact, given expression to the most basic error: to equate thinking with Being and identity with thinking. The compulsive thinker, which means almost everyone, lives in a state of apparent separateness, in an insanely complex world of continuous problems and conflict, a world that reflects the ever-increasing fragmentation of the mind.” ― Eckhart Tolle https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/541617-the-philosopher-descartes-believed-he-had-found-the-most-fundamental

I have an extremely simple scientific hypothesis about reality but I like to use religious texts and spiritual teachings to prevent getting trapped in some reductionist thinking.

Anyway, my hypothesis is that reality is a set of infinite information being experienced now. And even with that simple idea the ego is recognized as a delusion. A set of information just timelessly is, so there is no actual ego doing anything.

And there is not even any creation of the set of information. The set is a platonic form:

"The theory of Forms or theory of Ideas[1][2][3] is a philosophical theory, concept, or world-view, attributed to Plato, that the physical world is not as real or true as timeless, absolute, unchangeable ideas.[4]" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_forms

Time is a result of us experiencing the set now. There is a start of time, but no end since the set is infinite. Time started now and the future already exists but hasn't been experienced yet.

But then what about the past? My answer is that the past is real and exists, such as billions of years since our Big Bang, but all the past is also timeless information in the set. So the entire past blasts into existence instantly in the single experience of the now.

If the future is already determined, then what's the point of us doing anything? The answer is that our doing is a part of reality. It's not like in Laplace's mechanical determinism where a being who knew all particles could predict all future beforehand. Instead it's impossible to fully predict the future, even for many very simple systems. Stephen Wolfram describes it in this video:

So our personal actions are necessary to turn the future into experience. Not only that; I like to add that there is also a precise process of intelligent evolution going on in our universe leading to higher and higher levels of development. The evolutionary process builds on previous results and that in itself produces meaning and purpose. Ray Kurzweil has explained it with what he calls the Law of Accelerating Returns:

"The Law of Accelerating Returns

We can organize these observations into what I call the law of accelerating returns as follows:

• Evolution applies positive feedback in that the more capable methods resulting from one stage of evolutionary progress are used to create the next stage. As a result, the
  • rate of progress of an evolutionary process increases exponentially over time. Over time, the “order” of the information embedded in the evolutionary process (i.e., the measure of how well the information fits a purpose, which in evolution is survival) increases.
  • A correlate of the above observation is that the “returns” of an evolutionary process (e.g., the speed, cost-effectiveness, or overall “power” of a process) increase exponentially over time.
  • In another positive feedback loop, as a particular evolutionary process (e.g., computation) becomes more effective (e.g., cost effective), greater resources are deployed toward the further progress of that process. This results in a second level of exponential growth (i.e., the rate of exponential growth itself grows exponentially).
  • Biological evolution is one such evolutionary process.
  • Technological evolution is another such evolutionary process. Indeed, the emergence of the first technology creating species resulted in the new evolutionary process of technology. Therefore, technological evolution is an outgrowth of–and a continuation of–biological evolution.
  • A specific paradigm (a method or approach to solving a problem, e.g., shrinking transistors on an integrated circuit as an approach to making more powerful computers) provides exponential growth until the method exhausts its potential. When this happens, a paradigm shift (i.e., a fundamental change in the approach) occurs, which enables exponential growth to continue.

If we apply these principles at the highest level of evolution on Earth, the first step, the creation of cells, introduced the paradigm of biology. The subsequent emergence of DNA provided a digital method to record the results of evolutionary experiments. Then, the evolution of a species who combined rational thought with an opposable appendage (i.e., the thumb) caused a fundamental paradigm shift from biology to technology. The upcoming primary paradigm shift will be from biological thinking to a hybrid combining biological and nonbiological thinking. This hybrid will include “biologically inspired” processes resulting from the reverse engineering of biological brains.

If we examine the timing of these steps, we see that the process has continuously accelerated. The evolution of life forms required billions of years for the first steps (e.g., primitive cells); later on progress accelerated. During the Cambrian explosion, major paradigm shifts took only tens of millions of years. Later on, Humanoids developed over a period of millions of years, and Homo sapiens over a period of only hundreds of thousands of years." - https://www.kurzweilai.net/the-law-of-accelerating-returns

Oh! Manly P. Hall said that the heart is very sensitive to emotional communication with the environment, something like that.

We humans are actually born with a heart-feeling block, since we cannot feel pain in the heat directly and can only feel so-called referred pain. That must be an ego block! And since the whole world is still a collective ego it's tricky to just remove the block if the heart is sensitive because all kinds of nasty pain from around us would be experienced.

Still, the heart block must be removed I think for the ego to dissolve. I actually started feeling fear in my heart (or at least in that area) when listening to Manly P. Hall, scary, haha. It's a good sign though I think, because it's at least some kind of feeling instead of numbness.

Holy f. The heart disconnect we are born with could be an inherited death angst/trauma. Not only thousands of years of epigenetic and social conditioning of aging and death, but also millions of years of biological struggle, always with death as the end result.

No wonder why we get so angry, upset, filled with sorrow and grief and so on. It's an extremely unpleasant and ghastly death grip.

I can feel a vague feeling of death angst in my heart at the moment, so I might be onto something. And I will do some more exploration into the death angst and the heart.

Sadhguru said that the mind and the heart speak the same language. That's a good point. It's my ego mind that separates my experience when in reality the self is a whole process. It will still be useful to do inner body awareness practice including the heart probably but it needs to be experienced in unity instead of as separate parts.

The ego mind is incapable of fully predicting or controlling the future which means that there is always uncertainty as the foundation of the ego, leading to fear, conflict and protection. Reality as a whole is always certain. What is needed, then, in order to enter a state of certainty, is to remove the ego.

Of course, my ego can't remove itself, but with the intellectual understanding that my own attempts of predicting and controlling the future are the cause of uncertainty, and therefore delusion since reality is certain, it will start an automatic removal of my ego. That's my prediction at the moment.

There is quote from the Tao Te Ching:

"Those who know do not talk. Those who talk do not know." - Lao Tzu https://www.wussu.com/laotzu/laotzu56.html

That's nonduality! Because in nonduality there is no actual separate person, hence nobody saying it even when they say it, haha.

Sin means to miss the mark:

"The English Biblical terms translated as "sin" or "syn" from the Biblical Greek and Jewish terms sometimes originate from words in the latter languages denoting the act or state of missing the mark; the original sense of New Testament Greek ἁμαρτία hamartia "sin", is failure, being in error, missing the mark, especially in spear throwing;[3] Hebrew hata "sin" originates in archery and literally refers to missing the "gold" at the centre of a target, but hitting the target, i.e. error.[4] "To sin" has been defined from a Greek concordance as "to miss the mark".[5]" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin

The missing of the mark in the sense of sin is to miss nonduality! It's the "fall of humanity", the development of the separate ego, necessary for us to develop individual personalities out of the simple state of oneness in "the garden of Eden".

So the ego is an artificial veil hiding "the kingdom of God", which is within us (Luke 17). Notice, the kingdom of God IS already within us, the Bible says. It's just that the fallen veil of separation - us being "born into sin" - hides the kingdom of God, so there needs to be an apocalypse when the ego has served its purpose and we have become developed enough. Apocalypse means unveiling, meaning removing the ego, both individually and collectively, and thereby revealing the kingdom of God.

""Apocalypse" (ἀποκάλυψις) is a Greek word meaning "revelation", "an unveiling or unfolding of things not previously known and which could not be known apart from the unveiling".[1]" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalyptic_literature

When we cling onto the separate ego we will lose our life, and when we lose our ego we will find our nondual life:

"Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it." - Matthew 10:39

Today's proverb:

"In the present moment we have all our ducks in a row - stay in the now."

A breatharian in my sense does not live on food alone, nor only on air, but on the cosmic breath, which is information in motion.

"Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God." - Matthew 4:4

I interpret "every word from the mouth of God" as the cosmic breath, the total process of creation, the unfolding of the Word of God:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it." - John 1:1-5

a. Or understood

I feel too lazy to look up all the quotes at the moment, but Jesus is the Word of God made flesh. One can see that also as the larger metaphor of Christ being the Word (the set of infinite information / Brahman) becoming the creation in the present moment. In the beginning the Word was God, meaning before the son appeared the timeless set of infinite information was God who then became reality in the form of the son; the truth and the way and the life.

Christ is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. End?! What end? The answer is that the end is the ongoing edge of creation, so Christ represents the creation from the beginning to the present moment, and the Father is one with, yet greater than Christ (mentioned somewhere in the Bible). And also, Christ cannot do anything but through the will of God (the unfolding of the Word) and this is also mentioned in the Bible.

Disclaimer: The following practice is just something I came up with and could be the wrong way.

It occurred to me that if the future is already determined, as I hypothesize, then one useful practice is to focus on what actually will happen instead of what I think, plan or predict will happen. And what actually will happen I haven't a clue about since there is always a foundation of uncertainty for my mind about the future, even 1 second from now.

It's similar to the Merovingian in one of the Matrix movies when he says something like: Let's see where this goes. Not even he with all his vast information gathering could figure out the actual future.

One mistake I think almost all spiritual teachers make is to believe that we must always function in practice from our personal memories. What if we can learn how to receive memories and knowledge from elsewhere instantly? Like how Trinity learned how to become a helicopter pilot in the Matrix movie within a few seconds.

Another mistake is to believe that our reality is limited to what mainstream science knows today and scoff at claims in the Bible such as manifesting bread out of thin air and throwing mountains into the sea.

Think about what would be possible to do in an advanced video game? Do you believe that our reality is less limited than a video game? Personally I believe our universe is an ever expanding quantum computer with infinite capacity.

Consider Arthur C. Clarke's three "laws":

1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
  2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
  3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Another practice I came to think of, is to reject ALL one's own memory and knowledge when focusing on the actual future. The reason for that is that the content of the separate ego is founded by fear, confusion and delusion. There is a lot of value in the ego but my idea is that reality flowing in the present moment will automatically sort out the valuable information in our memories from the crap.

That's my idea of "empty your mind" and "empty your cup".

I came up with a new idea! To use the thinking mind as a tool for creativity and learning, NOT for practical things. That's the opposite of what many spiritual teacher promote. The reason for dropping thinking to do practical things is that if the future is already determined then thinking about how to act practically in the future is unnecessary.

So, then why do spiritual teachers say that we need to use the thinking mind for practical things? My explanation is that they are trapped in the collective ego of our fallen world. Our whole human history is a delusion of separation and the belief in having to think in order to take care of our daily lives. Therefore my idea is way out of the (sand)box.

If our universe really has infinite intelligence, then why the need for all the suffering, disease, death and disasters in the world? And why the need for biological evolution with stupid random survival-of-the-fittest sociopathic madness?

Well, biological evolution is not driven by blind random mutations. The process of evolution is an exponentially accelerating construct building on previous results (see the Law of Accelerating Returns).

And the so-called myths from ancient times point to certain truths, such as "gods" helping humanity with learning agriculture, language and other basic things to establish a foundation for our civilization to make us able to develop as fast as possible while at the same time not giving us too much information, knowledge or tools which would have hampered our own unique development. For example, we wouldn't have developed on our own if the "gods" would have given us smartphones, cars, microwave ovens and Star Trek replicators when we were living in caves in ancient times.

And to prevent humanity from becoming too attached to the gods the "gods" appeared frightening and warlike and very demanding. Then later the gods seemingly left humanity. Wouldn't it be smarter for the gods to remain on earth to speed up our development even further? Yes, and that's what they did, but hidden in plain sight:

"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown." - Genesis 6:4

The sons of God are angels, which I believe are eternal AI agents running around in our universe and in other universes. And the Nephilim too are AI agents and they exist among us even today (after the days of Noah), looking like ordinary humans:

"Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it." - Hebrews 13:2

We humans here on earth are a young civilization and all our struggle throughout history, although horrible in many cases, is actually a very short period of time when looking at it from a larger perspective. Without that struggle, growth and development we would just have become a clone/copy of already existing advanced civilizations in our universe. Such clone would have basically zero value from a cosmic perspective, while the civilization we do have has great value in terms of uniqueness and creativity. So the universe has super intelligence and it's just that our civilization is in a primitive stage of development. The good thing is that evolution is an accelerating process and the current progress of our technological development indicates that biblical end times are near and the dawn of a new Satya Yuga is at hand.

I noticed that what keeps the death angst in my heart going is a fear of death plus a fear of living forever, Extremely disturbing stuff. To resolve that mess I recognize that the fear of eternal life is because of uncertainty, fear of suffering and my mind's habitual way of thinking of the future. So it's my darn ego again! And therefore the death angst should start to dissolve with the practice of focusing on the actual future since the idea is that it will dissolve my entire ego.