Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Conrad

Beautiful recitation of the Quran

34 posts in this topic

Just now, Truth Addict said:

@Conrad

No, that's your and Leo's version of Islam (I wonder if you're related).

Mohammad's teachings were dualistic, that's evident. There's Allah (Creator), and there's everything else (Creation).

That's if we want to take his teachings literally.

Nonduality is your interpretation, not the original teachings.

Non-duality is not only my interpretation, several Sufi mystics have interpreted the Quran in that way. But a true Sufi mystic knows no religion ultimately, only his direct conscious experience.

7 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Non-duality is not only my interpretation, several Sufi mystics have interpreted the Quran in that way. But a true Sufi mystic knows no religion ultimately, only his direct conscious experience.

"Muslim scholars insist, that similar to other Sufi doctrines, Fana also based purely on the Islamic teachings. The Quran says:

"All things in creation suffer annihilation and there remains the face of the Lord in its majesty and bounty." Surat-L-Rehman 26-27 [4]

The state of Fana is represented by Rumi in Book Six of the Mathnawi where he writes:

When the Shaykh (Halláj) said ‘I am God’ and carried it through (to the end), he throttled (vanquished) all the blind (sceptics).

When a man's ‘I’ is negated (and eliminated) from existence, then what remains? Consider, O denier.

In his book, Ain-ul-Faqr, Sultan Bahoo talks about spiritual levels of which Fana is one:

Initially I was four, then became three, afterwards two and when I got out of Doi (being two), I became one with Allah."

@Conrad it is the journey that make it different. Do the Sufis reject God when they become conscious of God? 

Huh?...

10 minutes ago, Angelite said:

@Conrad it is the journey that make it different. Do the Sufis reject God when they become conscious of God? 

Huh?...

Of course not lol. As Mansur al-Hallaj Truth fully says, "I saw my Lord with the eye of the heart. I asked: Who art Thou? He answered: Thou."

And what got him executed: "I am the Truth." 

By this statement his persecutors asserted that Al Hallaj was claiming to be God which he of course did, as that is the Eternal Truth. 

2 minutes ago, Conrad said:

And what got him executed: "I am the Truth." 

By this statement his persecutors asserted that Al Hallaj was claiming to be God which he of course did, as that is the Eternal Truth. 

@Conrad Rough times! And it continues till today in one form or another.

1 minute ago, cetus56 said:

@Conrad Rough times! And it continues till today in one form or another.

Indeed. Try saying "I am God" in Saudi Arabia. 

Ay that's not the point. I'll share when I got time tonight. 

@Conrad  @Angelite

Sufism is very limited, it ignores the practical life and favours spirituality, it evolved when Islam was at its peak (power, land, staus, money) because life became easy and people started to see the limits of material success.

Therefore, it cannot be the right interpretation of Islam, it's just one out of many.

4 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Conrad  @Angelite

Therefore, it cannot be the right interpretation of Islam, it's just one out of many.

It doesn't matter. Sufism is Mysticism. Mysticism is the pursue of Truth aka God. Becoming One with Allah/Brahman/God. That's what matters. 

I don't care about Islam and how it is interpreted by any group.

@Conrad

You're taking survival for granted, because again, life is easy (right now for you).

Mysticism would have never existed without materialism.

Islam was/is concerned with both.

All interpretations are partial, Islam is way more advanced than most people think it is.

Mohammed was a legend ❤️

Edited by Truth Addict

1 minute ago, Truth Addict said:

@Conrad

There couldn't have been mysticism without materialism. 

I hope you are not serious. 

I've wrote a long reply yesterday. Many things comes to mind.

But.....

I'm just gonna share random Said Nursi's words~

Document 10_2.jpg

~~