Flatworld Crusades

Sane, crazy, insanity and psychosis

90 posts in this topic

@Flatworld Crusades cool. Hope to see you stir the pot every once. Just pretend you’re only conversing with yourself :P ❤️

@ivankiss haha yes! Often I find myself using words I later have to look up ?

it’s refreshing sometimes to just pull words out of my ass :D 

Declaring a flat world as round is the root of all insanity

-medieval Christians 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

10 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

I think there are different interpretations of “insane”. The hardcore deeper insane stuff is serious. I can’t see how a mind could respond “Haha” to it. I’m terrified of returning there and I take a lot of pre-cautions so I don’t return there. 

Yet there is also a lighter form of “insanity” we commonly discuss light-heartedly.

True. The insanity I'm talking about was serious, I could have lost my mind entirely and never return to ordinary sense of reality. I don't want to return there now, it's too much for the body and mind. If I could describe everything that happened in a book, you will be utterly speakless. 

On 5/2/2019 at 9:46 PM, Flatworld Crusades said:

Hi all. I've been a member her for a few weeks and I want to thank you for your welcome and interest. My exposure to your communication style is limited so please bear with me  

There is one area that I have quite a bit of confusion over and that is sanity/insanity. I've read quite a few posts where sanity is in question, and I have a couple of questions about it. This is the first time I've come across this kind of focus, so respectfully:

• Do you subscribe to creating an environment that is indusive to being insane.  If so why?
  • do you call moments of high creativeness assisted by psychedelics as insanity?
  • im very interested in communicating within high awareness individuals who have suffered psychosis.  If your comfortable.
  • Lastly and most importantly what are your definitions of sane, crazy, insane & psychotic.

thanks all :D

What about the communication style of the forums do you notice? I lurk but don't post a lot.

Create environment that is indusive to being insane? Depends on your version of insane.

High creativeness assisted by psychedelics has helped people. Could be insanity but if it helps go for it.

Communicating within high awareness individuals who have suffered psychosis. I don't claim to have a high awareness but I have suffered psychosis.

Sane, crazy, and insane probably the average person on this forum to someone with low consciousness.

Psychotic in my experience is a whole different animal, personally did not experience nonduality or anything along those lines.

Look, the problem is that you operate still under strict labels. "Sane" behaviour is not sane, it is an assessment by you and your culture what is deemed "appropriate" and this concept helps to make this society work effectively and helps to identify people who drift off from the norm. Insanity is nothing but a gap between you and a norm group. 

The label of "psychosis" also implies this metaphysics, it implies there is an experience which is separate from a "normal" behaviour. Yes I had psychosis, I watched myself die and completely detached from my thoughts and the talking in my head. That is intensely scary. But just because the label of psychosis on this experience doesnt mean it does not belong to life or your journey as a spiritual seeker. When you want to go all the way, you have to let go of this fear of "dangerous" experience. The most challenging trips and situations are the ones that grow you hundredfold. Youll have to face it all and become used to handling these states. "Psychosis" is a label for running away from something in you. Something thats a part of you like everything else. 

From the absolute standpoint, there can be no sane or insane behavior. Its all behavior

Edited by Robi Steel

I know you're tired but come. This is the way - Rumi

On 3.5.2019 at 7:57 AM, molosku said:

nsane/psychosis person: gets lost in distinctions and concepts. Insane person draws connections and meaning out of his own ideas that others dont experience. These connections and meanings take a hold of a persons life and mentality in a disruptive way. A person is no longer able to tell wich of his fantasies and ideas are real and wich are not: they all blend together into his experience. Meaning and the further meanings of different meanings are not seen as a mental construct, meanings create real tangible physical features of reality.

The experience of the phone ringing MEANS that secret agents are watching. There need not be any evidence, first hand experience of agents themselves to prove they are real, meanings of different things that are experienced first hand create a reality for them. 

? all people who lived in the ddr where psychotic! well most of them, some where normies.

15 hours ago, Uberverse said:

What about the communication style of the forums do you notice? I lurk but don't post a lot.

In my experience other forums are quite like this one. They have their own culture, language a hierarchy of members. Some of them are more unforgiving than others. Non-adherence to their ways is often smashed. 

1 hour ago, Flatworld Crusades said:

In my experience other forums are quite like this one. They have their own culture, language a hierarchy of members. Some of them are more unforgiving than others. Non-adherence to their ways is often smashed. 

That is more or less inevitable.

In order to run any coherrent group, it must rest on a set of explicit and implicit values. In other words, the whole dynamics of collective ego. 

No platform anywhere is like your personal diary where you can communicate anything you want without retaliation.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''