Flatworld Crusades

Brilliant Sleep and Waking

16 posts in this topic

I have a question about how to replicate blissful sleep. At times I wake in a state of weightlessness and joy, I don't remember anything about the sleep except other than waking up. I would love to be able to replicate this state every morning. Does anyone have any suggestions?

You probably had a powerful and purging dream and waking up with the afterglow. But you do not remember the dreams. You can replicate this by remembering your dreams, then advance to lucid dreaming, and then ask the dream to help you feel that way.  Wake yourself up and carry that afterglow into your morning as long as possible. The goal is to effortlessly carry that afterglow with you all day long, and repeat it at will.  Good luck! 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Yes, or realize that when you wake up you are still dreaming and wake up into that. The feeling will come naturally at that point. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@David Hammond I appreciate you responding. However im after more daily tactical advice that I can use on my path, not a statement of where you think my path is heading. 

@Flatworld Crusades Are there any commonalities with nights you get blissful sleep? Perhaps things you did during the day, how you prepared for sleep, time of sleep etc?

I'm not an expert in this area at all. I'm just curios that maybe there is a dynamic going on prior to sleeping.

37 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

This is how you die ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

@Flatworld Crusades Are there any commonalities with nights you get blissful sleep? Perhaps things you did during the day, how you prepared for sleep, time of sleep etc?

I'm not an expert in this area at all. I'm just curios that maybe there is a dynamic going on prior to sleeping.

Good questions. When I go to bed I'm in a pretty happy place and I really enjoy sleeping and I sleep well. I take sleep meds which is why I think I can't remember my dreams. Oh!! I've just remembered something. Recently I started to create a blog for my writing, poems and art and it's very satisfying to create and work on.  Yesterday I wrote a piece on a subject that is both close to me and one that I'm well versed in. I really enjoyed writing it and I felt it was a very productive day contributing to "my life's work". I wrote a few other pieces for other things I've got going on. I really love the challenge of writing and explaining concepts. 

@Flatworld CrusadesObserve your thoughts: stress anxiety worry? It could be as simple as you were able to let go of any sort of mental focus on anything going on in your life. When I’m completely surrendered, having no thoughts I’ll vanish whether asleep or not and this tends to equate to amazing dreamless sleep 

@DrewNows  hey. I'm pretty much mental health free. So you are right it was probably being surrended. I'll make an effort to as much a possible complete a task that clears expectations and any residual stress everyday. Which will give me the benefit of having blog articles to spare. 

6 minutes ago, Flatworld Crusades said:

@DrewNows  hey. I'm pretty much mental health free. So you are right it was probably being surrended. I'll make an effort to as much a possible complete a task that clears expectations and any residual stress everyday. Which will give me the benefit of having blog articles to spare. 

Cool so what are the sleep pills for? 

Also “making an effort” can also equate to subtle anxiety/mind chatter but I think I understand what you mean (creating more carefree habits). If anything maybe a pre-sleep meditation routine to let go, but I wouldn’t make them strict time bound. Probably more spontaneous day by day when necessary 

i seem to remember Nahm spoke of one where you focus attention on feeling from head to toe, listen for 3 different sounds and I am not sure what else but it was more for simply encouraging sleep 

@DrewNows hi, thank for responding again :D

The sleep meds are from some serious mental health issues I used to suffer. I am slowly coming off them.

yes I mean creating more carefree habits. I can see the possibility of mind chatter, and in the past daily tasks would have resulted in some anxiety related behaviour, but I'm all clear now. In fact having an up to date to do list makes me feel organised and peaceful. 

I do have a meditation routine after going to bed. It's about 10 mins and just relaxes my body mainly. I'm not overly experienced with meditation. I had a very bad experience about 5 years ago and I think my mind is better relaxed in other ways. 

I have been writing my blog articles on a very ad hoc basis. I'm going to get my white board out and workshop possible topics or areas of interest then develop a list of articles to write so I have them ready to publish well I advance. 

Thanks for your response, it got me thinking about a few things. 

7 hours ago, Flatworld Crusades said:

@David Hammond I appreciate you responding. However im after more daily tactical advice that I can use on my path, not a statement of where you think my path is heading. 

Meh 

8 hours ago, Flatworld Crusades said:

I have a question about how to replicate blissful sleep. At times I wake in a state of weightlessness and joy, I don't remember anything about the sleep except other than waking up. I would love to be able to replicate this state every morning. Does anyone have any suggestions?

This is a good place to be in. The same bliss that is prevalent in dreamless sleep is present in the waking hours, only one doesn't notice it. So the question is not how to replicate this bliss, but WHY you already don't notice it? What occurs in waking that doesn't in sleep? The answer is the "I-thought" or thoughts in general. You only have to realize that you are not the "I" who you think you are. That will grant you enough clarity to recognize the bliss.