Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lmfao

Unconditional hapiness: a pipe dream?

8 posts in this topic

I've often bought into the idea of unconfitional happiness being at least theoretically possible. I was travelling aboard recently in Africa and was/am extremely sick whilst doing a lot of moving around. This was a source of suffering. I was in the sahara desert on a camel, being very cold and at one point my tiredness from travelling with illness made me delirious to the point where I thought I was literally going insane and had lost my mind completely. My sense of reality was stripped away in the most negative way possible, I had an emotional breakdown from all the fatigue of travelling with a painful illness. I slept it off thankfully. The experiences I had were so painful, I find it hard to believe that I could have dissolved all of it. 

And another thing, I see these beggars and poor children in the street and just wonder why there is just so much absurdly amounts of suffering. How is this infinite love? Maybe when you're suffering is mild and you have an OK health you can sense the beauty of reality and see through the illusiveness of thoughts but how is someone less fortunate to be happy? Has God just destined some people to be born in lives of absolute misery? Is all of this suffering supposed to be good? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao How did you feel about the trip, the travel experience as a whole? Would you go back and do it again? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw the sickness has made me more grateful for my health. All in all I would probably do something similar again, I did have some fun. Looking back it was a funny experience I suppose. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao Always try to judge the experience as a whole. No one says that Harry Potter is a terrible series or not worth reading because Voldemort is in it. No Voldemort, no book. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

It’s much like thinking. You can’t really stop thinking, and you can’t be unconditionally happy. You can do practices in which thinking subsides, and you can inspect your conditions allowing your true nature to surface. Your health will thank you. 

By letting all of your thinking go, you will realize the answers to those questions. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, lmfao said:

I find it hard to believe that I could have dissolved all of it. 

You can't dissolve it.

You must die.

You still aren't appreciating how radical unconditional happiness is. It only comes AFTER death.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can't dissolve it.

You must die.

You still aren't appreciating how radical unconditional happiness is. It only comes AFTER death.

Be careful with the words you use! There are a lot of emotionally vulnerable people who might interpret this literally. 

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

@Leo Gura @Nahm@mandyjw

10 hours ago, Nahm said:

It’s much like thinking. You can’t really stop thinking, and you can’t be unconditionally happy. You can do practices in which thinking subsides, and you can inspect your conditions allowing your true nature to surface. Your health will thank you. 

By letting all of your thinking go, you will realize the answers to those questions. 

12 hours ago, mandyjw said:

@lmfao Always try to judge the experience as a whole. No one says that Harry Potter is a terrible series or not worth reading because Voldemort is in it. No Voldemort, no book. 

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You can't dissolve it.

You must die.

?, thanks for the responses