Anton_Pierre

No-self to God-Self

469 posts in this topic

@Preetom I agree. I know the fear in the bible sounds like FEAR!!!! Lol... but in my opinion is more a matter of respect about what the message is saying. 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

5 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

@Preetom I agree. I know the fear in the bible sounds like FEAR!!!! Lol... but in my opinion is more a matter of respect about what the message is saying. 

Yeah it starts as that respect for the holy books and prophets, but it ultimately means to surrender everything on God.

There is a saying in Islam which is fear none accept Allah. Just imagine what would happen if you trained yourself to that instruction. All fears in phenomenal realm will eventually be consumed.

Spirituality is a serious business with the greatest cost and casualities there is : your entire life ;)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

11 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Yeah it starts as that respect for the holy books and prophets, but it ultimately means to surrender everything on God.

There is a saying in Islam which is fear none accept Allah. Just imagine what would happen if you trained yourself to that instruction. All fears in phenomenal realm will eventually be consumed.

Spirituality is a serious business with the greatest cost and casualities there is : your entire life ;)

True

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

19 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

Why Andrea/Andrew do you need to convince us of the twisted interpretation of the bible done by the Church?

You are not reasoning that interpretation, you only repeat like a parrot what is taught to you in dominical church without questioning anything.

You are accepting what it is said in the Established Church like the New Age guys you  mentioned that believe in extraterrestrials, ghosts, spirits, demons and the occult!!!

You are doing the same that they do!!!!

"How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

Abrakamowse,

You're very confused with your accusations.  I reject that which is untrue.  It is YOU who believes whatever others want him to believe.  Stop projecting.

Children can understand the Bible.  So what's your problem with it?

Andrea  

Edited by Soul-lover 2020

I am one of many, an expression of the divine nature of Christ

"I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

On 5/13/2019 at 11:27 AM, Preetom said:

"Fear of the lord is the beginning of knowledge"

Actually this is a very important instruction for any serious spiritual journey to begin.

Its a religious/devotional way of saying the same thing Advaita considers as a very important first step as well which is having a strong doubt and distaste towards the mundane/conventional reality which one believes in for granted. There is no further inquiry without this vairagya or dispassion.

This same message is instructed in the devotional teachings as renounce your busy, stupid, anxious life to God. Stop being  an atheist/materialist and start trusting the all powerful force which is God.

The fear of God is the fear that consumes all other fears and thus liberates a soul from all fears and anxieties.

Similarly, the utter distaste and diapassion towards the transitory sense objects is the distaste that consumes all other distastes and thus fulfills one with infinite bliss of the Self.

Basically the same thing told in a slightly different twist. Hope this makes sense :)

@Preetom Makes sense but for me there has never been a "journey". You see it all started at the age of 4 or 5 as a series of strong direct experiences of oneness That was before any conceptual knowlage had taken hold.  Heck man there wasn't even the concept of "God".  There was just "what is" - The oneness of everything both seen and unseen.:)

@Soul-lover 2020 Absolutely the best trolling I’ve seen yet. Most amazing is I believe you don’t realize you’re doing it. Maybe you do. Hard to say. You’ve got em eating right out of your hands. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm

:D:D?

30x5cr.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

8 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

images (1).jpg

You would have to ban me for that xD 

Please don't :/

God is love

And God in them

20190514_093606.png

And to close all this nonsense I will leave you specially @Soul-lover 2020 this video.

I hope before judging it and not watching it you will check Alan Watts background, I will post some here so you will see it's not someone that doesn't know about religion and about Jesus life.

"Born in Chislehurst, England, he moved to the United States in 1938 and began Zentraining in New York. Pursuing a career, he attended Seabury-Western Theological Seminary, where he received a master's degree in theology. Watts became an Episcopal priest in 1945"

Abrakamowse,

Jesus Christ was - and is - the one and only Jesus Christ, the one and only God-man, the Great I AM, the Beginning and the End for all things, the visible image of the invisible God....  You're preaching to the converted.

To say that the Holy Bible is "nonsense" is arrogance indeed. 

I rest my case.

THE END  

I am one of many, an expression of the divine nature of Christ

"I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

11 minutes ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

Abrakamowse,

Jesus Christ was - and is - the one and only Jesus Christ, the one and only God-man, the Great I AM, the Beginning and the End for all things, the visible image of the invisible God....  You're preaching to the converted.

That's the problem! You "think" you are converted, but you are not. Denying yourself is much more deep than just "accepting Jesus" like Churches suggest, they are deluded too.

12 minutes ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

I rest my case.

THE END  

I didn't say that. Who said that?

21 minutes ago, Soul-lover 2020 said:

Abrakamowse,

I rest my case.

THE END  

please-stop.jpg

God is love

And God in them

Children can understand the Bible.  So what's your problem with it?

Children can understand a lot of things, such as the idea the earth is flat, or that it is round, or that vaccines are evil, or that they are lifesaving. They believe there are monsters under their beds and that they can scare them away with an adorable "rawr". Just because a child can "understand" something does not make it unassailable fact. This is just a silly presumption.

@Mikael89 This is a close-minded opinion. There are plenty of Christians who travel the path to self-awareness. Alan Watts is one of the more familiar faces. One's faith does not prevent them from discerning Truth. It's only when their religion gets in the way, as is the problem here, that they run into roadblocks.

Edit: Looks like the post I was replying to got deleted somehow.

Edited by jbram2002

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

I really don't like to get into this kind of discussions because no one arrives to nothing. But it makes me sad to see how many people the traditional Church is making them believe that because you say some magical words and you just believe in something silly you are saved.

That's false. But... what can we do? Sometimes I just know they will reject the true, because is easier to believe in fairy tales and fantasies rather than seeing truth with their own eyes and not through the crazy interpretation that the Christian Churches had done to truth.

Crazy and sad indeed.

2 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I really don't like to get into this kind of discussions because no one arrives to nothing. But it makes me sad to see how many people the traditional Church is making them believe that because you say some magical words and you just believe in something silly you are saved.

That's false. But... what can we do? Sometimes I just know they will reject the true, because is easier to believe in fairy tales and fantasies rather than seeing truth with their own eyes and not through the crazy interpretation that the Christian Churches had done to truth.

Crazy and sad indeed.

It is called indoctrination,

Make your peace with it,

It is how it is.

God is love

And God in them