mandyjw

Humor and Its Role in Spirituality

15 posts in this topic

The funniest part of this entire video is when I say my head is empty space and I miss the joke myself. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Please just stop.

I can't eat my sweets if you make me laugh.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Just now, Preetom said:

Please just stop.

I can't eat my sweets if you make me laugh.

xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

12 minutes ago, Paul92 said:

@mandyjw Marry me.

I'm already taken but since there's no you and no me maybe I already did. xD

@DrewNows I had never heard that one before! :x

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

The funniest part of this entire video is when I say my head is empty space and I miss the joke myself. 

I was struck by the profundity of it. For what I'm getting at, I separated this paragraph highlighting the the part in the middle about the mind.--

“For the process of understanding to happen, three elements need to be there at the same time. The element of disidentification is one of them, involvement is another. The third element is the quality of allowing. These elements can be there when there is harmony among the three centers—the belly center, the chest center, and the head center. When there is this harmony, it is possible to experience fully, to allow, and to disidentify. Now, what do I mean by these three elements? Each center contributes to the process of understanding.

?If the head center is functioning correctly, it means that space or emptiness is allowed. What is the significance of space and emptiness? Space and emptiness make possible the quality of allowing. When there is space in the mind, there is no self-image. You’re not trying to stick to something in particular. You’re not trying to go somewhere. The mind is allowing whatever is there to be there. So the head center’s participation or contribution is space, which is an allowing, a welcoming in a sense—space for things to happen without rejection, without trying to hold on. You become complete allowing. ?

The heart center’s contribution has to do with its central quality, which is the personal essence. The contribution of the personal essence is the diving movement, the actual living of the experience. You not only allow it, you’re in the midst of it, you’re one with it. You’re really it, you let it happen, you feel it fully, you sense it fully, you experience it fully, right? That’s the contribution of the heart center. The belly center has its contribution, which is represented by the self, the essential self. The contribution of the essential self is the disidentification, the turning away. When you are truly functioning in the belly, you are completely present, and being completely present, you are being yourself. So you are not identified with the usual activity of trying to get somewhere else.”

Diamond Heart Book Three, pg. 73

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot Thank you. I think the belly is my biggest challenge right now. The empty head and open heart came easier. 

@Truth Addict xD We're all one after all! 

I suspect that as you experienced the creating of your kids, that could make if difficult to realize you created your kids. Likewise, all their bullshit kid fits etc - LOL - YOU!!! How freaking funny is that? If I visited your house, when you were in another room, I’d coach the kids how to ratchet it up a few more notches. 

We seek empty minds, listening so intently to those which are so full. 

?

So dumb we are. 

My littlest one wrote on the wall again. Same exact spot where I cleaned it off before, touched up the paint etc. She even literally wrote the same exact thing! HOw is that even possible!? WTF?! But it’s soooo funny to be cleaning it off again, because it’s not really possible. So I’m just cracking up, tears, as I’m cleaning “mommy is the best” off the wall. lol. How could anyone or thing be so lucky?? ? not possible. 

Please keep the videos coming, and please keep them so true to you. 

This place is a dream, only a sleeper considers it real. Then death comes like dawn and you wake up laughing at what you thought was your grief!” - Rumi

?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Wow. It is shocking to wake up to again and again. 

My son told me that I have one eye that sees invisible things and one that sees normally. That's my favorite so far. I just told him thank you, and that that was a beautiful thing to say. 

I'm on day three of them both home sick so this is trial by fire. xD

@mandyjw that was wonderful, thanks for sharing and being authentic!

It spoke to me, because I've realized for a while now that humor is a central part of awakening. Of spirituality. If you think about it and take it down to its essence, all humor is self-depreciating (in the sense it breaks down your identity of self). Whether you're laughing at someone, with someone, or at yourself, you are connecting with your own inner experience. Because we are connected, it's all "self."

I like to think of humor as a release of ego. There's a tangible "lifting" of the spirit when you are able to laugh at yourself. It puts things into perspective. And the main thing I've noticed since embarking on my awakening journey is that EVERYTHING is infinitely funny; everything is a joy if you choose to see it in that light. It's like a frequency you tap into. Anyways, these are just my thoughts and observations, so hopefully you can glean something off of them. Have a wonderful day :)

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState It really is. What I love about this place is how there are so many brilliant people here who can really deepen my understanding of my own insights. 

Edited by mandyjw