Please Be Quiet - for your own good

Swagala
By Swagala in Spirituality, Consciousness, Awakening, Mysticism, Meditation, God,
Please be quiet. When you get an insight, whether it be huge or small, try to keep it to yourself; it'll help with staying aware. Even right now, I can feel my sense of awareness fading away as I'm trying to convert this information from the infinite intelligence to the finite concept of words. You don't need words- even the words that are in your thoughts. Seriously, you don't need words to comprehend anything. It only feels like you need to word out everything that's happening to make sense of it but consciousness is infinitely intelligent and words only limit it. Have you ever had those moments when you're talking to "yourself" or someone else and you just stop halfway, even though you didn't finish your sentence, you still knew/understood what you were trying to say (or at least it felt like you knew/understood)? That's how it works, you didn't need those other words to understand what the infinite intelligence is "saying." It didn't even need the first half of the sentence. Insights are those instantaneous understandings from your infinite intelligence, words are a way to conceptualize them to make it "make sense" to others (and your ego). The "ego" has a way of identifying itself onto everything and anything that's exposed to it. Whether it be your job, your interests, another person, your memories or whatever else you can come up with (literally anything else). You know what that means? It can attach/identify itself with the thoughts that pop-up or the words you say. So, try your damn hardest to not finish any sentence in your mind, better yet, don't even make a sound in your head. This is also important, the ego can subtly disguise itself as the awareness. I've had this problem for the last few days and wondered why I didn't feel completely aware even though I was aware that I was thinking and talking. Those thoughts of "I'm aware," or "I'm thinking right now," or what have you is the ego. ANY thought, ANY thought is egoic. Be aware of the ego identifying itself as awareness; the ego taking credit for awareness. Be aware without words. Words are concepts and we're trying to avoid concepts; only experience is real. Even images in your head, those are concepts; just be aware that anything that pop-up in your mind are all concepts.  Learn to have faith in your experiences/insights. Most of the time, when we share our insights or experiences, that's the ego wanting validation or attention. When you do that, you're feeding the ego; that's another win for the ego. ... ... ... Ego points = +1    
  • 19 replies