Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoonHei

is this seeing/recognizing myself?

29 posts in this topic

there are often times in the day. especially on my train ride home, where i just sit with eyes open but empty my mind and arrive at a silent space where i am just hearing the sounds around me and seeing the sights around me

in that silent mind space, when "i think" i recognize myself. is that the true seeing of myself?

i am not sure if there is a difference between me recognizing myself in that silence vs what you would call a glimpse?

does any seeing, no matter what kind result in a "glimpse" or can it feel and be very ordinary?

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei

If you are happy without the seeking/fearing dynamic, stay there in that happiness. No need to figure this stuff out. It's only gonna spoil it

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

27 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

there are often times in the day. especially on my train ride home, where i just sit with eyes open but empty my mind and arrive at a silent space where i am just hearing the sounds around me and seeing the sights around me

Sounds like a glimpse of no-self or witness state. I'm probably wrong, but it might have been.

Was there any "I" in that silent space moment?

@Preetom love it. 

if only that was the food the mind needed to quite down. but golden words. thanks. and yes, i try to just remain in that place during that time. without tryna figure it out. but that seemingly continues still :|

38 minutes ago, Highest said:

Was there any "I" in that silent space moment?

@Highest no... just quite empty space - looking out of the eyes... but all these descriptions/definitions come later.

without any of that, it is just whatever is in my sense... 

Love Is The Answer

1 minute ago, SoonHei said:

@Preetom love it. 

if only that was the food the mind needed to quite down. but golden words. thanks. and yes, i try to just remain in that place during that time. without tryna figure it out. but that seemingly continues still :|

@Highest no... just quite empty space - looking out of the eyes...

Perfect?You had a glimpse of Truth for sure.

@SoonHei Yes, but it's the lightest version of no-self. There's a lot more, I've only glimpsed the surface of it.

@Preetom I'm destined to doom! Lol! I don't want to let go of seeking.

@SoonHei wow

this has been happening more and more

that while i often am writing about this stuff on the forum. i tend to pick up and see things which were gone unnoticed before

one thing from my reply above was 

Just now, SoonHei said:

just quite empty space - looking out of the eyes...

the, "looking out of the eyes" that is just a concept! wow. i get now what that means

but i am sure this "i" who gets is, is also a concept... that's the ultimate concept.

all concepts must be paradoxes

and once a paradox is solved. it quiets down

just need the paradox of the I/ego to resolve now

on the topic so i will share this. I like this one.

What is the ultimate Lesson in Life?
Lesson: There are no Lessons!

Paradox! a Lesson both exists and does not exist. Depending on which Relative point of view is being used.

and it also simultaneously both exists and doesn't exists from the Absolute point of view :)

Love Is The Answer

3 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@Preetom love it. 

The point of self inquiry is to make the mind see it's own shallowness, limitations and utter inability to be at peace to such a depth over and over that it finally surrenders it's folly.

Keep the good work 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom self inquiry witnessing do nothing are the same or different techniques ???

For me it appears almost the same.

Just now, Truth Addict said:

@Preetom I'm destined to doom! Lol! I don't want to let go of seeking.

Seek as long as you feel like it. There is no other way. That seeking will have to exhaust itself. So it's better to utilize that seeking in the inner realm than seeking for pleasure

I was talking about Soonhei's situation, where he is already in peace and yet the non duality jargon is bogging him down

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

12 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@Preetom self inquiry witnessing do nothing are the same or different techniques ???

For me it appears almost the same.

It is the same. It only seems a little different superficially and maybe at initial stages.

But eventually you reach the same 'place' whether you are doing self-inquiry, witnessing or do nothing meditation :

1) A state where you are relaxed but yet fully aware and alert (not blank or sleepy)

2) 'You' are not attached to any particular phenomena. You are being as you are.

Just depending on the current situation, you can apply different techniques. Self inquiry is great for belief and thought deconstruction. Witness is great for all day awareness during other activity. Do nothing meditation is great for intentional surrender during a sit.

But eventually they will lose all distinction and only a lucid, pure, unattached, thoughtless observation will prevail

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

8 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@SoonHei wow

this has been happening more and more

that while i often am writing about this stuff on the forum. i tend to pick up and see things which were gone unnoticed before

one thing from my reply above was 

the, "looking out of the eyes" that is just a concept! wow. i get now what that means

but i am sure this "i" who gets is, is also a concept... that's the ultimate concept.

Yes! The "I" is the ultimate concept. It is not a existential direct experience. Find out what is, become conscious of it.

@Preetom

I'm kind of offended (not really, but lacking a better word), because I'm in peace already and I want to seek, why don't you think it's possible to have both?

2 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Preetom

I'm kind of offended (not really, but lacking a better word), because I'm in peace already and I want to seek, why don't you think it's possible to have both?

if it doesn't spoil your peace then I wouldn't call it seeking in the first place.

on whose behalf does seeking arise? What do you take yourself to be?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

4 minutes ago, Preetom said:

on whose behalf does seeking arise? What do you take yourself to be?

I don't know, I'm kind of stuck here.

My best guess is the thing that is having this experience, or the experience itself. I can't point to it really.

1 minute ago, Truth Addict said:

I don't know, I'm kind of stuck here.

My best guess is the thing that is having this experience, or the experience itself. I can't point to it really.

great.

Seek yourself until you're clearly shown that you can't be sought or figured out or understood in any way. Any way you define yourself, you limit yourself as something you are not

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom thank you for your words.

Wow. You're right. If the peace is not distributed among the seeking, then what is the issue? Lol

Elegant.

@Highest yes! 

Actually been doing that.

I dont take the train very often to work. Going to a different city this week so having yo take it. The top section of the train has "quite zone" in effect.

I have been high on weed while travelling back home on the train. It's amazing, all you see is people taking advantage of the quite zone policy and 99% of the passengers are sitting with the neck bent down posture on their phones

But the quiteness in the public setting makes it nice to be in that elevated witnessing state during the high. It tends to linger much after the high effects are gone.

To the point where thoughts about how i got home, interacted with whomever and did whatever work without having to "do" anything myself. Kinda watching it all happen

And what showed me my level of attachment to the story of soonhei were thoughts about what may happen if i am driving the car while high etc etc. It's like, with true liberation, it doesn't matter what happens because you know your true nature to be out of this world...

Afterall, When is an audience member truly in danger while watching the movie? :)

Love Is The Answer

31 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@Preetom thank you for your words.

Wow. You're right. If the peace is not distributed among the seeking, then what is the issue? Lol

Elegant.

If you are 99% happy, don't sell yourself short yet. Keep gaining clarity about that 1% unhappiness.

Btw have you contemplated what happiness really is?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''