Adilbek

does absolute ethics exist?

30 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Very amazing. Thanks!

How much of your 13 awakenings did not involve psychedelics?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Since God is Absolute Truth, even a hint of lying, dishonesty, falsehood, or inathenticity automatically severes your connection to God. That is okay. It is not "bad" to be seperated from God, but it painful since you become lost in your own falsehood. That is the definition of devilry.

Lying is only "bad" relative to if you want to be happy. If you are okay with being unhappy, then lie a lot. If you want to be happy, lie as little as possible. If you want to realize God, lie as little as possible.

There is only one reason you lie: fear. If you were immortal, u touchable, and fearless you would never lie. Really think about that. That's deep.

I could not have said it better ? 

7 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

@Adilbek If you want a healthy ego (and you do want that because you still have to function in life) then ethics (aligning behaviours with values) is a must. Otherwise you suffer and you cause others to suffer. 

Mixing the relative with the absolute is a huge mistake that a lot of spiritual people fall prey to. 

I agree with this.  Surprisingly, it's these very simple things that a lot of people don't understand because they're not taught well by Enlightenment teachers.  You can't explain away right action with Enlightenment Work.  That's like trying to explain away your cardiovascular system with Enlightenment Work.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Ethics is an ever evolving game that can also unravel when it serves the times exp: warfare, crisis, emergency. 

I like to think of it in relation to spiral dynamics. That the game always changes according to the level of concern and consciousness the members of an society profess. 

Therefore there can't be an absolute ethics, because the societal terretory is always in Flux. 

If you stay with what your experience says then ethics, the relative perspective and what not is all belief based, which inherently makes for conditioned action, and is not “ethical”. 

If you see that YOU are all there is, such questions of ethics are quite silly :)

Edited by Jack River

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Since God is Absolute Truth, even a hint of lying, dishonesty, falsehood, or inathenticity automatically severes your connection to God. That is okay. It is not "bad" to be seperated from God, but it painful since you become lost in your own falsehood. That is the definition of devilry.

Lying is only "bad" relative to if you want to be happy. If you are okay with being unhappy, then lie a lot. If you want to be happy, lie as little as possible. If you want to realize God, lie as little as possible.

There is only one reason you lie: fear. If you were immortal, untouchable, and fearless you would never lie. In other words if you were God, you'd never lie. Really think about that. That's deep.

Absolute ethics is Truth/Love. It is Goodness without an opposite. It is God.

Dad is home!!!

2 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

Dad is home!!!

Thank God.  The whole tone and vibe of this place is elevated when Leo is around.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

There are two traditional paths to enlightenment, the left hand path and the right hand path.

Dissolving attachments in the right hand path - take everything away, the aesthetic life.

The left hand path is what satanists are. Those people who sacrifice children etc... the abhorrent things which are taboo in society but if you look at it from the perspective of the Absolute, are not abhorrent or even evil. Anyway the left path to enlightenment is to bask in the Self (Self as in ego) and live out all your dreams including the dreams of your shadow self (hence the abhorrent to-society behaviour) and apparently after you have done everything you could ever want to do including rape and murder and cannabilism, there is nothing left and you become enlightened.

There's also some occult stuff involved where you invite demons in, I don't feel comfortable speculating on this as I have no experience of it other than watching people who claim to fuck with demons being wierd on Discord / Zoom during group meditations.

On 3/25/2019 at 1:07 AM, Leo Gura said:

Absolute ethics is Truth/Love. It is Goodness without an opposite. It is God.

Welcome back.

What has been your experience with Truth so far? For me, it's just "you." The "you" who is one with the no-self making a transformation into everythingness, and then back into the ego with love. That love is the indication that we are in the 'to love realm.' And, somehow, some way, we got to find a way to pass on this message through our actions. It's probably not as effective if you propose to speak. I'm busy throughout my day, but I'm always looking forward to working on my life purpose and making it action oriented.

What you posted there reminds me of this saying from Buddha,

"if you propose to speak, always ask yourself, is it true, is it necessary, is it kind?"