Tea-ching friend

tsuki
By tsuki in Self-Actualization Journals,
Today I had my first divination session using I-Ching. 
In this journal I will share the contemplation on my life guided by the Oracle.
I'm using the version rewritten by Carol K. Anthony and Hanna Moog titled: I CHING The Oracle of the Cosmic Way. The question: How can I fulfill my role better?
The hexagram: 35. Progressing
The judgement: Progressing. The true self is honored by the Sage's presence so that there is help in everything he does.
I received two changing lines:
Line 2: Progressing, but in sorrow, due to looking to one's ancestress. Being firmly correct brings success. Then one obtains great happiness.
Line 4: Progressing like a hamster. Perseverance brings danger. Contemplation: I couldn't have thought of a better answer to my question. The role plays itself organically. The role grows, like a flower and to do anything to make it better is to damage it. The judgement has been rewritten by the authors to remove the feudal and human-centered nature of the original one: Progressing. The powerful prince is honored with horses in large numbers. In a single day he is granted audience three times. Upon reading the first changing line, I had an emotional release. It powerfully connected with my childhood memories to the point of tears. When I read the interpretation from the book, there was not much I could connect with. Apparently, it points at the belief of lost paradise, original sin and guilt. The second changing line made me smile, as it points at my unhealthy tendency towards money and the dynamic between me and my wife that we're trying to work through. It's getting better (progressing, huh?). During the Retrospective-Three-Coin method (RTCM), it was communicated to me that the first changing line was directed towards my wife and I was asked to draw a hexagram for her. Later it became clear that my question was ambiguous - was the drawing supposed to be a gift for her, or should I simply read it to her on behalf of the Sage? I drew: Hexagram: 22. Grace
The judgement: Grace shows success. It is not favorable to create form for its own sake.
I received two changing lines:
Line 2: He lends grace to the beard on his chin.
Line 3: Graceful and moist. Being firmly correct brings good fortune. What I read in this hexagram is superficiality of our sexuality. I need to contemplate that more, as I'm not sure what is this all about yet. RTCM questions weren't of much help, unfortunately.
I'm not sure whether I should share the sexual aspect of my marriage here on the forum, so that's it for now. I read this hexagram to my wife and her facial expression was tense. I think she was being superstitious.
  • 117 replies