Tony 845

You’re enlightened! So why are you still on this forum?

145 posts in this topic

I don't find that chop wood quote to be accurate either.

Before chop wood carry water, whine about it and suffer.
After, chop wood, carry water. No suffering, no attatchment, no whining... surely?

You seem to miss the point of that saying and why I was using it, @thesmileyone. The original post was asserting that relatively routine behavior somehow is an indication of whether someone experiences liberation and that saying asserts it has no real value in showing it. I just updated it....

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The Ego-Mind loves to manufacture self-serving stories and then cling to them as if they're real.

If we practice music we understand music is nature.

Thoughts are not fake. They are nature will.

If you believe in a sense and thoses ideas comes again and again.

Maybe delusion is real

What is a flaw ?

Isn't the idea of flaw vs perfection ideas ? Doesn't this cancel itself ?

Why you/we keep using duality like fake vs truth.

Sometimes I produce aa music with many flaws. And everyone like it this way. It still makes sense. And as long as the music goes. The sense of truth is hold somewhere

Edited by Aeris

I just see experience, I started to believe suffering is no different from the rest, it just a word, why do you put such a word by the way. it's your own feeling of the experience, for me it's love.

I don't see this. I see love, when she is with me and put her hands in my back, ripping off my skins, ho damn, I hate it and like it at the same time hahaha

I see your point though, I just tell, for some the poison is the cure, the cure is the poison, and sometimes both in the same time are the solution.

it's always relative, the truth / fakery is always context dependant.

I would tell, if you live with a big fear of death, it makes effectively your mind wander about everything, what about don't giving a fuck to be alive or dead ? but in the meantime it's a game, and player have to play. Play fairly and the game become an happy adventure, with high & low, or maybe just the story

Edited by Aeris

I think problem here is that you think that Enlightenment must come with some certain Personality, which is not the case, change will be there, as our personality changes constantly, separation from mind would be closer statement, but it does not mean that you do not have personality with "flaws", at that point really it does not matter, as you are not attached to it.

So even though from your point of view  it might look like person is attached to mind,ego, it might as well not be the case, that is why you will never know for sure, you can have person with your "perfect" traits who is attached to his personality and one with not so great who is not, if that makes any sense to you. 

@Highest still having somewhat of an ego, but seeing it as a background noise, basically not identified with thoughts, but more the true observer of a thought, maybe very little mind chatter whatsoever. But then again I’m not enlightened so what the fuck do “I” know 

@Markus so what the fuck are we really searching for then? Most seekers are searching for freedom from their neurosis, anxiety/ depression Ect ect ....

6 minutes ago, Tony 845 said:

@Markus so what the fuck are we really searching for then? Most seekers are searching for freedom from their neurosis, anxiety/ depression Ect ect ....

If you focus on the process and not the goal, then you can cure those.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

9 minutes ago, Tony 845 said:

A way out of suffering. It's just that our ideas about how to get that can be very misguided. From finding security in the world to reaching some kind of amazing mystical state.

27 minutes ago, Tony 845 said:

so what the fuck are we really searching for then? Most seekers are searching for freedom from their neurosis, anxiety/ depression Ect ect ....

The problem arises when a self constrains enlightenment on the personal level. If your desire is to stay on the personal level, then do personal development work. Save your self years of futile searching.

Enlightenment work involves transcending the personality. It includes the personality AND more. It is much more expansive. The entire personality construct is within it.  Trying to limit it to the personality will cause confusion and frustration in the mind-body. 

It is like thinking the ocean is a personality and saying "Michael Phelps is an ocean", "Is that swimmer over there an ocean?", "How can I become an ocean?". This mindset will keep a person in limbo seeking mode forever. The key is that a self has to surrender that it will not become an ocean no matter how hard it tries. Nothing can oceanize a person. The personality is swimming within the ocean. Yet so are all the fish, seaweed, algae, bacteria etc. It's all within the ocean. Everything. Yet the mind will resist this because it is obsessed with becoming oceanized.

@Serotoninluv I’ve been at this self inquiry/ sds/ mediation for a year & a 1/2 at this pint all I have to show for it is a kundalini, my 3rd eye pulsating all day long & less anxiety then a few years ago, looking forward to a real breakthrough. 

52 minutes ago, Tony 845 said:

@Serotoninluv I’ve been at this self inquiry/ sds/ mediation for a year & a 1/2 at this pint all I have to show for it is a kundalini, my 3rd eye pulsating all day long & less anxiety then a few years ago, looking forward to a real breakthrough. 

You mentioned you participate in BJJ. I have an analogy with BJJ I like. I'm thinking about spirituality like BJJ. My limited understanding of BJJ is that there are different styles and many different skills to develop: strength, flexibility, intuition, knowledge, balance etc. I would would think there are many different ways to train and one needs to train in many different areas to become a BJJ master. Yet even a BJJ master can develop more or even create new stuff. 

Similarly, spirituality has many different components and practices. There is breathing, concentration, yoga, contemplation. There are so many realizations and insights. There are awakenings of the mind, the heart. There are empathetic and intuitive modes. There are so many different areas to develop to become a "black belt" spiritual master. 

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

a "black belt" spiritual master. 

I really want someone to refer to themselves as this, and maybe even start a dojo and start awarding spiritual white through black belts

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

1 hour ago, Tony 845 said:

If you want a glimpse take 5-meo

If you want the real deal stop seeking because it's already there.

You could also say fuck it and spend all your free time inquiring like a madman, or entire weeks/months/year(s) if you can afford it financially.

If you wan the truth you can have it, it's all about if you really want it or not.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Serotoninluv they say once you become a black belt it’s actualy the hardest belt to compete at cause the rabbit hole is soooo deep bran new black belts to 20 year black belt could compete in the same bracket. 

Just now, Shin said:

If you want a glimpse take 5-meo

That's a good point. @Tony 845 You can temporarily reach black belt spiritual master levels with 5-meo. It's like transforming into a black belt BJJ for 10 minutes. With your background and desire it seems like it might be a good fit for you.

6 minutes ago, zambize said:

I really want someone to refer to themselves as this, and maybe even start a dojo and start awarding spiritual white through black belts

In some Zen traditions they have a progression of stages/levels. The high level monks get a sense of a students development.

It can be done for relative conscious levels. There are some high conscious people that can get a feel for people's levels. Egos of course may enter, yet that is part of the spiritual development and teachers would have a feel for that. 

I'm thinking of UFC fighters and how some are skilled in wrestling, others in BJJ, others in Boxing etc. In our spiritual dojo there could be spiritual masters specialized in energetic fields, reiki, breathing, astral projection, bending reality, self healing, yoga etc. What a cool place that would be to practice and interact with other "wizards". Dr. Strange kind of stuff.

4 minutes ago, Tony 845 said:

@Serotoninluv they say once you become a black belt it’s actualy the hardest belt to compete at cause the rabbit hole is soooo deep bran new black belts to 20 year black belt could compete in the same bracket. 

It's kind of like that in spirituality. The equivalent of a black belt would be the "turquoise" realm. Just like a black belt BJJ, once a mind-body goes turquoise, the rabbit hole is sooo deep.

Maybe someday turquoise belt masters will develop paranormal abilities and compete.