28 cm unbuffed

what if enlightenment is just about giving people hope?

24 posts in this topic

I just had a strange realisation.

What if Peter Ralston (who just looks like a charlatan and douchebag), Leo (who just probably wants to make money and fuck bitches xD) and Sadghuru (who does it all with good intentions I think) are just fool of shit with the "enlightenment" stuff?

I mean - they are all just giving people false notion of purpose and something "valuable" in life to purse, where it's all just a fairy tale, told us to be driven and do something about ourselves, our lives, and just come to a point where we can do whatever the fuck we want to do and just have fun, because that's what life is about?

Maybe that's what enlightenment is - the fact that there's no such thing as "enlightenment"?

Edited by 28 cm unbuffed

Nope. I'm not trying to sell you anything. It's definitely real. 

@28 cm unbuffed you're just facing your own selfishness. it's fine... just keep digging deeper.

Truth is a real and visceral experience.

unborn Truth

Maybe,

Or maybe you're using this as an excuse because you're scared to face yourself :) 

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@28 cm unbuffed Seems your creating topics just to amuse yourself. By the way your topic reads says your not very serious about this so for you yes enlightenment will forever be just a fairy tale. I'd suggest you leave now and don't waist any more of your time here or that of others.

16 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

@FoxFoxFox

Yeah, Sadghuru is not trying to sell anything too imo, that's why I said it may be just act of love, to give people hope.

@ajasatya @Shin
Maybe, I'm not saying no, I just have no idea how am I doing it right now..? Maybe I'm really just blinded by my ego. 

@cetus56

I'm not really sure what's your problem tbh. What's wrong with seeking help? You have like 100x more posts then I do

Doing what ?

God is love

And God in them

23 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

Maybe, I'm not saying no, I just have no idea how am I doing it right now..? Maybe I'm really just blinded by my ego.

just go for a 4~7 days retreat and you'll spot many lies. it's that simple.

if you just stay at home, living day after day comfortable with and unconscious of your ways of deceiving yourself, you'll just be stuck and wasting your time here on this forum. get serious, get real.

here's an example for you.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

4 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

I'm not really sure what's your problem tbh. What's wrong with seeking help? You have like 100x more posts then I do

If your serious about enlightenment by all means seek all the help you need. That's what the forum's for.

Btw Leo is doing a grueling 30 day intensive. Show some respect for that.

This is why even Leo says to not blindly believe him. Consider them all full of shit until you verify it themselves. The thing here though is it takes a significant amount of personal development for many to even begin verifying this stuff. 

Anything they say should be able to be verified through direct experience. Observation. 

A lot of the people here who stick around probably have verified some things Leo has said. I doubt all. Leo claims to be a very thorough person with his research and inquiry and the amount of times you can verify it yourself shows that. Of course there are still plenty of people who speak of what he says only with pure theory. We've all probably done it at some point. It's something to be aware of. 

@28 cm unbuffed Don't get discouraged. I'd say questioning these things is actually a good thing. There are certainly people who would take advantage of your naiveté otherwise. But what Cetus is saying is (imo) is that you should gain more personal experiences. Then you'll know what is truth and what is not.

2 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

What if Peter Ralston (who just looks like a charlatan and douchebag), Leo (who just probably wants to make money and fuck bitches xD) and Sadghuru (who does it all with good intentions I think) are just fool of shit with the "enlightenment" stuff?

If only there was some way to know this for yourself, instead of believing or not believing what people tell you. 

I mean - they are all just giving people false notion of purpose and something "valuable" in life to purse, where it's all just a fairy tale, told us to be driven and do something about ourselves, our lives, and just come to a point where we can do whatever the fuck we want to do and just have fun, because that's what life is about?

Their prevailing message is Inquire for yourself. If you say that’s false, and not valuable....ok. It’s not like they’re arguing with you. Only a fool argues with God. 

Maybe that's what enlightenment is - the fact that there's no such thing as "enlightenment"?

Is “Maybe” good enough for you? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

12 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

I wanted to try "no screen saturday", but now I think I will just try "doing nothing" whole saturday, or meditating all day, need to watch last Leo's video, might be helpful. 

Sounds good man. When you do a day of meditation try this practice at some point along the way. You may find it highly effective.

Just the fact that you are watching your thoughts is a huge step in the right direction. It's surprising how many ppl go through an entire life never questioning what are thoughts or where do thoughts come from. Try taking that one step further. Not only observe thoughts as they arise but follow them back to their very source. This is where you will discover the ground state of being. The infinite nothingness. Have fun!

56 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

Thank you, all of you guys.

I need some rest, my mind was way too active last couple of days.

I feel like I'm getting closer to the truth and that's why my mind is playing tricks on me. 

I wanted to try "no screen saturday", but now I think I will just try "doing nothing" whole saturday, or meditating all day, need to watch last Leo's video, might be helpful. 

You can't go closer to truth.

You're so close that you think you have to get closer.

So close that anything you do is too much already.

God is love

And God in them

Enlightenment work is genuinely transforming.  I'm a pretty no BS person and it has transformed me.  It takes time and work though.  And there are many traps on Path too.  But you locate more and more of the traps as you go along so you can avoid them.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@28 cm unbuffed It is perhaps more readily graspable that a person can rid themselves of a certain egoic pattern that is making them suffer. As an example, people can manage to stop feeling insecure about some stupid thing like their nostril shape. They can drop their fixation on that. Now, it isn't that much of a stretch to say such eradication of fear-based patterns can be achieved on a bigger scale. Enlightenment is simply the most radical possibility in that same domain, the culmination of shedding all your different fears.

Edited by Markus

Life and enlightenment IS about doing whatever you want and just having fun, the problem is whatever you want turns out to be the most miserable experience of all if you're disconnected with your deeper self. So do what you want, make yourself miserable, realize you are missing something important, and learn to connect with your deeper self. THEN you go back to doing whatever you want because for the first time ever you actually know what it is that you want. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@28 cm unbuffed Well I know of people that have gotten very deep into meditation to advanced stages and they go on the forums helping other people for free. No money motive. They do it because they themselves have greatly benefited from it.

10 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

So forget about it and go on with your life

@28 cm unbuffed Maybe enlightenment doesn't exist. You won't now until it hits you. :)

But you can easily see your own illusions can't you? How you create your own suffering? When we start to deal with those beliefs our quality of life begins to improve.

17 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

Maybe it doesn't matter whether it exists or not?