Avadhut

How to know my Life Purpose? Career?

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

How do I know my Life Purpose in terms of Career that is destined for me?

I think this is something that is constantly changing and needs to be constantly sought. For example, your life purpose at 25 is likely to be very different from your life purpose at 40. I think there are some things you can do to figure it out at whatever stage of life you're at right now. Some specific things I would recommend are: 

• Taking action and doing stuff: The more you put yourself out of your comfort zone, and the more things you try, the more of an opportunity you have to develop and discover your passions and purpose in life. Join a club, try a sport, meet new people, and just generally put yourself out there!
  • Read and Learn: We are super fortunate to live in an age with more knowledge readily available to us than at any other time. Starting the habit of reading books, taking courses, and just generally educating yourself can help you to discover your passion and purpose as well. If you're looking for a place to start, I recommend a book called "The Happiness of Pursuit" by Chris Guillebeau.
  • Self Reflection: I set aside a few hours every month to just reflect on the previous month, set goals for the upcoming month, and do a little introspection. Setting up a similar system for yourself can help keep you on track and make progress factor.

Good luck with your journey!

Read so good they can't ignore you by cal newport.

Anything can become your career just chose something you are interested in and get really good at it.

Good suggestions already but... I will add my bit.

I think we usually know deep down why we are here but we learn to ignore listening AND we think it has to fit into something we already see in our immediate environment.

I say get Leo’s life purpose course OR find out as much about yourself as possible— Check out Do What You Are, a MBTI book I used awhile back that is super helpful.

Also, ask yourself this question (What is my life purpose?) EVERY morning as soon as you wake up and write down everything that comes out without judgement. Should get clearer.

Also... ha ha— What do you want to do every day and you won’t get bored? How do you want to be able to help people or contribute?

Get serious about it sooner rather than later because the sooner you start working on it the better.

Also think about if you are 90 years old or 100 and your life is behind you.... what is that you want to say that you’ve done? YOu might take this a step further and say, on your death bed.

What will you be SO happy that you accomplished and that you didn’t give up on?

Anything worth while is not super easy but like I said, the sooner you start the clearer you’ll be.

Action seems to make things clear so I have learned. I actually began working something I felt was my purpose awhile back but it wasn’t exactly that... you might set the expectation to shift as your life presents opportunities to know yourself at deeper and deeper levels.

Good Luck.

The world absolutely needs what you would love to give in case you doubt it.

Edited by Karla
Typo