Aakash

The enlightened self

9 posts in this topic

I went to sleep last night and decided to concentrate my breathing, relax my muscles and just lay there until i fell asleep. it was interesting because i started having conscious dreaming, where i was trying to fall asleep, but i wasn't able to completely- but this was ofcourse the dream itself. 

This is not what i want to ask, during a time period where i was trying to fall asleep, my body felt electrofied to move on impulse (ego) to switch body positions from lying flat on my back to on the side, Ofcourse, this was the ego - because my true self is just being. It was then i realised how much discipline must go towards becoming a great master of this being, self-mastery lets call it. It gave me great admiration for those of you who have gone deep into self, it must have been quite difficult to just be whether it be in the present moment, here and now or simply just reject that electric ego feild that sends thoughts signals such like my examples. "I don't want to sleep in this position", "this is getting hot", etc.. etc.. 

So i wanted to ask, how is it you managed to gain self-control and discipline not to move, or to focus on your breathing for x amount of time, even giving up addictions and subtles ones too, these are all centered around the ego, that thinks "i am.. this electrical feeling" of course it is not. 

I tried to remain still, gave in and moved to my side, went again and tried again and fell asleep without realising, it into the dream or should i just say the being which was realising what the self was in a dream more deeply. 

Try to focus your awareness on resisting body trying to move even an inch, you  might have some interesting insights. 

ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOO HARDDDDDDDDDD! trying to focus/discipline is easily the hardest challenge in life one can achieve! I really do commend each of you who have tried to reject the temptations by ego. well not ego just your past selves should i call it! 

@AakashGood awareness here my friend! What a great idea that is to observe how well you are able to let go into sleep. Your doing the discipline needed! You cannot force the surrendering. NO EFFORT is how it’s possible 

somehow I’m able to just forget everything (including myself). This used to be a big challenge in the past I would also toss and turn a good portion of the night. Perhaps look into what you identify with...what puts the itches in the peace 

Stay present in whatever is happening now. Trust being right now. Follow your heart and intuition. ? 

7 hours ago, Aakash said:

ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOO HARDDDDDDDDDD! trying to focus/discipline is easily the hardest challenge in life one can achieve! I really do commend each of you who have tried to reject the temptations by ego. well not ego just your past selves should i call it! 

No it's not. ^_^ Like I said over here, baby steps. Where are your hands and fingers going? You want to apply it in real life, correct? It's much easier nowadays than in ancient times. We have computers at our fingertips (smartphones). It's only a touch away.

I usually scratch all the itches, stretch all the muscles and joints prior to surrendering to absolute nothingness and no movement whatsoever. I often practise giving up the breath as well. Until it decides to come back again.

If you resist the nudges it may drive you nuts. Don't get pissed at the ego if you notice a tendency to scratch your nose. Do it once or twice. It may not arise the third time.

Discipline and dedication are key for any form of progress, yes. You got to know why you are doing all of this. Why are you breathing? What is it that you want to achieve? Does it fill you up with joy, love and peace? Is it your highest intention? Your highest desire?

If it is; an itch or a nudge cannot stand in it's way. All obstacles melt away if there is will, passion and purpose. 

Consistency.

It is easy to surrender , lot harder to  control, my point was to put awareness on body and focus on not moving at all, it is different from surrendering. 

Practise.

I do most meditation lying down. I used to do it seated but when you have a samadhi for a few hours and come out of it your back will feel terrible. Itches are just like thoughts, they arise and then they pass. I find once the itchey stage passes my body goes numb and doesn't bother me again.