SoonHei

Swimming in the Silence

10 posts in this topic

Recently spoke to someone who is self-realized and thru him, I felt the true power of silence.

After my monkey mind had asked a series of questions, and was still ready to continue to ask more he asked me to stop and just become still - in terms of asking anything, following my thoughts to ask a question and just overall, become still.

Sitting there in stillness was odd - sure the thoughts continued and I got dragged along with them, but something about remaining in the silence had more value than all of the questions i asked combined...

i was speaking to this person on the phone and he is in Pakistan

what became clear to me as that when we become silent... it's more deeply felt that we are that silence itself.

in that silence, the voice coming from the phone is no longer a voice of a person whom i am speaking with and he's in pakistan

it is more so just a SOUND which I am aware of... a sound which is equal to any other sound in the room I maybe hearing

the story around it is in the dream... of a person living in pakistan calling me and talking

with silence, and coming into the direct experience, the stories begin to evaporate

remaining in silence, one becomes and should try to realize that they are already that silence

after sitting in silence for a few minutes, all of my prior conversation with him was seen as sounds appearing first from my mouth's location and another sound appearing from the phone.

sounds within me

me talking to me

i dont seem to have the thought that I create/produce the sound coming from the phone

but i think the sound out of my mouth was created and made by me

it is so simple indeed.

how to have a lasting identification with the silence... that's the question.

but, who is asking this question :) 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

8 hours ago, SoonHei said:

how to have a lasting identification with the silence... that's the question.

46 minutes ago, thesmileyone said:

Also, who is the one who notices the silence?

You are the silence (not two),Prior to the illusory thought/belief of being a separate something and/or identity that notices or wants to attach/identify with it.
Silence, is when there is no you.

Edited by who chit

The silence never comes and never goes. 

Edited by Jack River

41 minutes ago, who chit said:

You are the silence (not two),Prior to the illusory thought/belief of being a separate something and/or identity that notices or wants to attach/identify with it.
Silence, is when there is no you.

Right, however, until the finale, there is still a duality because there is an Observer who sees the silence you are swimming in.

@thesmileyone can you differentiate between fire and the light it emanates? The nature of the self is silence peace bliss what ever. 

Yes, it is, however until fully self realized, there is still an Observer, otherwise you wouldn't be able to tell me that you experienced stillness. It is the most subtle of "I"ness.