isabel

are you one with the universe or just the room you're in?

14 posts in this topic

just wondering...

I thought when a person realizes oneness it would be with the whole world or the universe

but it seems to be just what I can see, just the room if I'm inside or if I'm outside it's just as far as I can see

what does that mean? suggestions? thank you!

''the universe'' and ''just the room'' both are thoughts in your mind.

During deep sleep, what are you one with? 9_9

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@isabel notice that ‘the universe’ is just an image in your mind. It is not in your direct experience, hence it is not real.

Also notice that, what you call ‘this room’ is based on concepts you learned in ‘a past.’ I’m not disagreeing that you are looking at something now, but why are you calling it a room. Notice that, in your mind, you are comparing it with an image of what you know of as a room, and because you find it identical, you stick that picture onto your direct experience, hence calling it a room. 

Look at your room, without comparing it to any mental images. Can you still call it a room? If yes, where did you learn that it is a room. Notice that again, you are comparing it with your ideas of what a room is. 

It’s difficult to explain unless you have some direct experience of it. I myself am only seeing it partially.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@isabel Both!

First you will realize you are the whole room.

Then you will realize you stretch out in all directions and dimensions forever.

You are every room that has ever been or will ever be.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@isabel Both!

First you will realize you are the whole room.

Then you will realize you stretch out in all directions and dimensions forever.

You are every room that has ever been or will ever be.

You mean that you're becoming one with all your memories and all your imaginations, right? :D 

thanks guys!

so how do you know if you're having a direct experience or if you're just imagining something?

by direct experience I mean realizing a truth and by imagining I mean having a wrong idea about something

should I just keep going and see what happens or...?

@isabel 

Are you asking how you can know there is more which could be seen beyond what you’re eyes are currently seeing?

And of what is seen, how can you know if you are seeing it directly, or if you are imagining it...?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm   I was really wondering if what I think I experienced this morning was an actual expanded state of awareness or if I just imagined it

sometimes it seems like things are not things including "me" the body but I don't experience a oneness with the whole universe just with things around me that I can see

also I've watched a ton of videos now so I wonder how do I know that's a real experience or if I just think that now because a video said it would happen

thank you

@isabel Gotcha, thanks.  

22 minutes ago, isabel said:

sometimes it seems like things are not things including "me" the body but I don't experience a oneness with the whole universe just with things around me that I can see

The mind is holding the truth back with a paper thin veneer, slipping an identity in the back door via “me”.  Look for that me in “I don’t experience a oneness with the whole universe just with things around me that I can see”.   Point to the me that other objects are around. Look for the me everything is around, and the oneness will become more present.   Then, who is the I in, “that I can see” ? 

“also I've watched a ton of videos now so I wonder how do I know that's a real experience or if I just think that now because a video said it would happen”  That strikes me as pretty flexible & open minded. Maybe it’s not one or the other. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm hmm okay I will definitely try that, thank you!

thanks again everyone

2 hours ago, isabel said:

thanks guys!

so how do you know if you're having a direct experience or if you're just imagining something?

by direct experience I mean realizing a truth and by imagining I mean having a wrong idea about something

To me it's a beautiful thing that you bring up imagination. Most people are unwilling to honestly do that. 

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

room is truth

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

16 hours ago, isabel said:

thanks guys!

What you experienced is what you experienced.. Trust in that. Mind will create labels to put on it. No matter what label it tries to put on it mind is trying to make the infinite into something finite. 

The mind wants to know. It tries to dissect and analyze the experience and figure it out? Was it just my imagination or did something profound happen? How do I recreate it? In that way it tries to control the outcome of an experience.