F A B

If it's all a fantasy, why even live it?

91 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

@Preetom was drawing a blank for a second lol. It is a recognition certainly. Just a sense I guess. Sense of not being contained in the body. Game and etc.

would you say that you are a blank?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Aakash @Sockrattes This website http://www.foundationsofhumanlife.com/ discribes the entire path to Nirvana in detail for a Western logical thinking mind to understand. Most buddhist texts describe the path from the point of Nirvana backwards, with which I mean that qualities which someone attains in Nirvana are used to explain the path, which makes it hard to understand for Western people. As they often come from the logical thinking 'I think, therefore I am' side.

This makes these texts for people from the West hard to understand, because our starting point is different. Moreover, the language used to describe the path is also different, a lot of metaphors and cryptic stories to unscramble. People from the West are often used to read texts which have a logical reasoning and therefore have trouble understanding these texts. That is why most people don't understand Buddhism at first and it requires a lot of determination to through with it. 

Be prepared to be confronted. You should look there where mental discomfort arises.

Edit; if you skip lessons/chapters, don't expect to understand it though.

Edited by Emanyalpsid

38 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@Arhattobe

Thanks for answering. Saguna and Nirguna Brahman is basically form and formlessness of heart sutra. They must collapse into not-twoness.

In Buddhism there is no oneness. Form is dependent upon formlessness.

32 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

@F A B

If you even ask such a question you are either depressed, or you are deeply within suffering.

Why did you state that so confidently?

I'm an ordinary guy with ordinary sufferings.

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No, you are just misunderstanding their teachings.

THIS is the kingdom of God! Heaven is EVERYWHERE! Just lose that ego.

There is no salvation elsewhere unless you find it right here, right now.

Nirvana is ego-death.

Well i didn't say heaven is somewhere else.

What i'm saying is:

In Indian theology and philosophy Samsara is what you call "oneness" or "Infinity".

Buddha says Samsara is suffering and we are trapped in it. (check out the four noble truths)

Jesus says, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

You are saying:

Nirvana = Samsara - Ego

Kingdom of God or Heaven or eternal life = My life - Ego

Right?

Edited by Sockrattes

8 hours ago, F A B said:

If we are in a big dream, if we are an idea, why should we master this dream, this idea?

If I am an idea, there is no one to make the choice whether to master something or not. There is no one to take the actions to master something. How can an idea master something? 

If I am an idea, the question of whether I should master something disappears. There is mastering, yet no one that takes ownership of being a master.

Rather than asking if an idea can master something, what if we explore what comes prior to that idea of "me". 

@Preetom Certainly not. The nirguna aspect is, but that isn’t all of me. Within the saguna aspect of reality. I still have cleansing to go through. 

@Emanyalpsid don’t get your point.

35 minutes ago, F A B said:

Why did you state that so confidently?

I'm an ordinary guy with ordinary sufferings.

Because to not see the incredible nature of reality in front of you, can only be resulted from these causes. Otherwise you would be awe struck, you would cry "Thank you god, thank thank thank you!" There would be deep bliss and pure oness. The only thing preventing you from seeing it is deep unconscious sleep within maya, which results in full attachment to thought, and therefore your attention is taken from direct experience.

The problem is that you call your suffering ordinary. You think it's inherent to existence, but it's far from truth. Suffering is caused only by delusion, it's unnecessary.

Edited by Anton Rogachevski

27 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

@Emanyalpsid don’t get your point.

Do you believe in Brahman?

Edited by Emanyalpsid

1 hour ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

The problem is that you call your suffering ordinary. You think it's inherent to existence, but it's far from truth. Suffering is caused only by delusion, it's unnecessary.

I think each of us experiences suffering at some point.

But if you never suffer then good for you bro ahaha

@F A B Surely I'm not free of it entirely, but I'm on the way there. There can be pain without suffering, and that's the beauty of it. I do have pain, I'm human, but I don't have to add unnecessary suffering on top of it. I allow it to be as the will of god, and so it goes through me.

1 minute ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

There can be pain without suffering

That's the key I was missing.

For me, pain implies physical suffering

Can you explain to me what is difference in real and non real, how exactly it changes something to you.

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

If I am an idea, there is no one to make the choice whether to master something or not. There is no one to take the actions to master something. How can an idea master something? 

If I am an idea, the question of whether I should master something disappears. There is mastering, yet no one that takes ownership of being a master.

Rather than asking if an idea can master something, what if we explore what comes prior to that idea of "me". 

I'm sorry, it seems quite complex to me.

What comes prior in your opinion?

6 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

Suffering = Resistance to what it

But if I have pain, and this pain is caused by a disease, then is it resistance when I try to treat that disease in order to stop the pain?

15 minutes ago, purerogue said:

Can you explain to me what is difference in real and non real, how exactly it changes something to you.

Actually, I never used the word "real" cause I can't define it.

1 hour ago, Arhattobe said:

@Emanyalpsid Brahman is the totality. With that in mind I find your question odd.

The totality of what?

I will elaborate as to why I asked these questions. When you reach Nirvana in Buddhism you realize that no-thing exists, but this is not nothing. It is the relative space between something and nothing. You realize that everything is of dependent arising and that there is no totality. So this Brahman, even if not labeled, is still there in your mind as something. This means that you are still attached to something and are not fully enlightened by the Buddhist standard.

You see, there is a difference between enlightenment in Hinduism and Buddhism, but it seems that Hinduists do not see this and if you have not attained Nirvana in Buddhism you will also not be able to see this. I had two interesting discussions about this with two Hinduists, you can find them here.

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/27518-i-am-enlightened-sincere-seekers-ask-me-anything/?page=103

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/28840-differences-between-hinduism-and-buddhism/?page=5

So although you act like you got it all figured out, it seems your own words apply to yourself:

"Ramaji postulates that the reason people get stuck at a specific level of enlightenment is due to the fact that they start teaching at that level. 

They believe they see truth. Their perception and interpretation starts to become rigid. Their understanding of the world untouchable. This might seem like progress but in fact it’s stagnation.

In Buddhism there are many stories of monks who overestimated their level of understanding, and due to false understanding got stuck."

I was also under the assumption that I reached enlightenment for some time in the past, until I gained the final insight and saw my own ignorance. At higher levels of enlightenment, just before Nirvana, appearances of the ego are very subtle and hard to detect because you lack the final insight.

Edited by Emanyalpsid