Michael569

Every act is an act of love or a desperate cry for love

7 posts in this topic

I saw this written somewhere once and for some reason it resonated with me deeply. There is just something deep to this sentence. What are your thoughts? Just another green mumbo jumbo or a a mindblowing insight? 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I remember seeing that one too. I think there's a good deal of truth in it.

6 hours ago, Michael569 said:

I saw this written somewhere once and for some reason it resonated with me deeply. There is just something deep to this sentence. What are your thoughts? Just another green mumbo jumbo or a a mindblowing insight? 

It's accurate. You just have to dig down deep enough behind a person's motivations to see it. Otherwise it may definitely not look like love.

2 hours ago, aurum said:

It's accurate. You just have to dig down deep enough behind a person's motivations to see it. Otherwise it may definitely not look like love.

@aurum Yeah I think I am starting to see it more and more in every day life, especially in deeds I used to see as purely evil and selfish. Would make for an interesting video on your channel perhaps ;) 

2 hours ago, Etherial Cat said:

Finding out what is going to bring us real relief is itself part of the internal maze we need to solve. 

the culprit of all mankind's suffering right there!

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Not sure if that's true. For example pooping seems kinda neutral to me. I think I heard Leo say once that reality is neutral. But I don't know if he still agrees with that.

Edited by Eric Tarpall

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

they say love goes through the stomach :ph34r:

but i really don’t like the word every, when i hear it, it sounds like a little bit too much love - there is also running away from that. even though it could be a superlative run.

and i‘m also not sure about canteen food.

Edited by now is forever
by the way - was it written on a wall? then it was real love for running