Toby

Kundalini awakening vs Kundalini arousal

10 posts in this topic

So, I read a bit and I only found the disctinction of Kundalini awakening vs Kundalini arousal in Jan Essman's books. For a lot of others almost everything is a kundalini awakening. I thought what was happening with me was more an Kundalini arousal after reading Jan; now I'm reading other authors and it sounds (how they see it) like classic Kundalini awakening. Happened about 11 years ago and I want to figure out what exactly it is/was.

Could someone recommend some books, videos... which deal exactly with the distinction of K awakening vs K arousal? Thanks.

Edited by Toby

@Toby

I guess the best approach would be consulting a guru expert in this field personally. He/she could verify what is actually going on in your case.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

yeah, but I did not hear any "expert" speak about the distinction except Jan (which lives about 4 hours drive away btw...)

I've seen people use expressions such as kundalini "activation/rising/arousal" to make a distinction from a full kundalini awakening, defined as the finished stage of the process. I haven't read the book you mention though, so I don't know how he defines it.

There isn't enough good info out there on Kundalini & what it has to do with enlightenment. Lots of vagueness about the energy, enlightenment through the path of kundalini is a good one..

Edited by Tony 845

Is it always active? Then awakening. Is it not? Then arousal.

@Toby Awakening doesn't happen in 1 second. It first starts with arousal. Just like sex ;)

I don't see what's unclear about this. Kundalini takes time to fully awaken. Probably years of practice.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Arhattobe said:

Is it always active? Then awakening. Is it not? Then arousal.

Unfortunately yes. Was about a good 6-7 years until when I met / explored Adya the energy kinda more and more relaxed. The thing is, I never intended to "awaken" it. Yes, I (and with bodyworkers, healers) did a lot of breathwork, bodywork (EFT, Osteopathy, Kinesiology, Reiki, Jin Shin Jutsu) and Chakra stuff of all kinds (Visualization, gems, breathing, music...) and experimented with brainwaves about 2-3 years before. But.... when I was hearing Jan talk about it, it still sounded more like "arousal".

Edit: I vaguely remember a youtube video where he says something like that most of the time people talk about "Kundalini awakening" it is actually arousal and he got a bit more detailed about it. Afair.

Edited by Toby

@Toby Jan was my teacher for a bit. Met the dude a couple times. Pretty sure your kundalini is awakenjng by his definition iirc. He did make a distinction between awakening kundalini & a complete kundalini awakenine/awakened kundalini though. Maybe that’s what your referring to? Where the snake goes up into the ventricles?

That doesn’t happen to all have kundalini. Never happened to ramaji for example. All kundalini is different. In function and purpose, so that shouldn’t be a judge of anything. 

I experienced that myself a year + ago and haven’t had kundalini since, but again all kundalini is different.

My advice to you would be surrender to the kundalini. Read up on and gather info that seems relevant to you, but realise no other persons kundalini can teach you anything about yours.