PLEASE...Not this...''

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Let's dissect you like a frog in Biology lab, shall we? xD

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Just look at yourself. Not at the definitions, opinions, feelings and sensations of yourself. Loot at just yourself. It's the permanent cure for the chronic sense of lack and fear of death which drives pretty much everything in our lives by default.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Essence of Self Inquiry: Complete dis-identification from all forms + The significance of one pointed intent/focus

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

'' They clearly set forth the central teaching that the direct path to liberation is Self-enquiry. The particular mode in which the enquiry is to be made is lucidly set forth in Nan Yar(who am I?).

The mind consists of thoughts. The ‘I’ thought is the first to arise in the mind. When the enquiry ‘ Who am I?’ is persistently pursued, all other thoughts get destroyed, and finally the ‘I’ thought itself vanishes leaving the supreme non-dual Self alone. The false identification of the Self with the phenomena of non-self such as the body and mind thus ends, and there is illumination, Sakshatkara.

The process of enquiry of course, is not an easy one. As one enquires ‘Who am I?’, other thoughts will arise; but as these arise, one should not yield to them by following them , on the contrary, one should ask ‘To whom do they arise ?’ In order to do this, one has to be extremely vigilant. Through constant enquiry one should make the mind stay in its source, without allowing it to wander away and get lost in the mazes of thought created by itself.

All other disciplines such as breath-control and meditation on the forms of God should be regarded as auxiliary practices. They are useful in so far as they help the mind to become quiescent and one-pointed. For the mind that has gained skill in concentration, Self-enquiry becomes comparatively easy.

It is by ceaseless enquiry that the thoughts are destroyed and the Self is realized - the plenary Reality in which there is not even the ‘I’ thought, the experience which is referred to as “Silence”. This, in substance, is Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi’s teaching in Nan Yar (Who am I?).''

Ramana Maharshi, Who am I (Introduction)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Recognizing and establishing the primacy of Awareness

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

A very significant point. It's so simple that we fail to get it 9_9

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

No thread on self-inquiry will ever be complete without this gem. Happiness and the art of being by Michael James. Probably the most direct and cleanest interpretations of Sri Ramana Maharshi's teaching in English language. 

http://www.happinessofbeing.com/Happiness_and_the_Art_of_Being.pdf

This is the 4th edition. I completed the 1st edition. Thank you Michael for your invaluable contribution. Some of the greatest things in life are indeed free, or more accurately priceless!

hqdefault.jpg

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''