Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marinador

high intensity sports and ego

5 posts in this topic

what effect have high intensity sports like running or cycling on the ego?

i mean, do have unbounding ego effect? or do have bounding ego effect?

this all suposing that you excersice completely concentrated on your awareness

Physical exercises may support energy balance. Without this balance emptiness of ego cannot be directly perceived. However what applies to meditation does apply to physical exercises, too: an inappropriate intention or attitude makes it futile or even hindering or harmful.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

@Marinador It can lead to flow states of consciousness, especially when someone is skilled at the sport and there is a moderate amount of risk involved.

@Marinador A good athelete can enter a state of body awareness in which the right stroke or the right movement happens by itself effortlessly without any interference from the conscious will. This is the paradigm for non-action (Wu Wei) the purest and most effective form of action.

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

@Marinador A good athelete can enter a state of body awareness in which the right stroke or the right movement happens by itself effortlessly without any interference from the conscious will. This is the paradigm for non-action (Wu Wei) the purest and most effective form of action.

Total-complete action.