Mu_

Your an animal, accept it, understand, and evolve.

36 posts in this topic

This may be most appropriate for SD Green thinkers hoping to move into Yellow, but offers something for everyone.....

Something that I found very liberating along the path to awakening was realizing that we are just animals.  If your like me, probably at some point along the path, if you self reflect, you may notice you start to subtly judge others based upon your new set of values developed through reading awakened masters of the past, watching Leo's video's, starting a meditation practice or wanting the world to be a better place.

Now ask yourself, why don't you judge apes, dogs, cats, sharks, elephants, coyotes the same way? 

Is it because your society said your different? 

What would it be like to accept yourself and others with less judgement, like you do with animals?

For me, I realized how much I self judged myself and others for being how we were all designed; animals essentially.

We all came through this same process of a big bang, to formation of stars, and organisms, to more a familiar now nature as "animals" yet we separate ourselves from it and judge accordingly with, oh humans are territorial and act violent and we kill eachother, and steal, this is horrible, we should be One nation, One earth (and this can be something we can aspire to and work towards) but this isn't how things were created within the universe, nor was it ever a problem that it happened this way!  This can very liberating to let in, and can help you let go of a lot of self judgement about being animal like in nature (territorial, fearful, skeptical, cautious, traumatized, selfish, all nature created conditions) and judgement of others who you see as problems who aren't or haven't woken up.

Edited by Mu_

17 minutes ago, Sahil Pandit said:

@Mu_ This can be very beneficial and liberating as it allows you to accept yourself on a pretty deep/human level. But it goes deeper...

Who said it didn't?  :)  This is just as "deep", as "deeper" and the deepest is just as important as the mundane.

Edited by Mu_

Actually we are our own species from Animals. Especially after we Awaken/Evolve and those younger generations being born today are completely new species. You will notice this as you reach higher states of consciousness as physicality becomes more and more transparent and your animalistic behaviors fade away completely and even sex or the need of another/partner eventually becomes no longer required and illusory to be complete.

I know this is quite deep but eventually it will make sense for all.

B R E A T H E

@Mu_

8 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Now ask yourself, why don't you judge apes, dogs, cats, sharks, elephants, coyotes the same way? 

What would it be like to accept yourself and others with less judgement, like you do with animals?

For me, I realized how much I self judged myself and others for being how we were all designed; animals essentially.

Yeah its the illusion of free will and moral culpability. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Compassion is when observation without evaluating/examining/analyzing-effort is no more. 

Acceptance/condemning fall within the field of time(measure). 

Edited by Jack River

Wait... we have the option to not evolve? Haha

Edited by SOUL

1 hour ago, Jack River said:

Compassion is when observation without evaluating/examining/analyzing-effort is no more. 

Acceptance/condemning fall within the field of time(measure). 

Yes and theres more to it than that as well, as always.  I'm pretty sure its impossible to share a full picture of anything.  Before the perspective of what your sharing for most (although it can happen at any time) analyzing, evaluating and examining can lead to compassion as well, its important to understand this as well I believe.

5 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Yes and theres more to it than that as well, as always.  I'm pretty sure its impossible to share a full picture of anything.  Before the perspective of what your sharing for most (although it can happen at any time) analyzing, evaluating and examining can lead to compassion as well, its important to understand this as well I believe.

That’s an opinion people adopt yes. 

The reality is analysis, evaluating, is resistance and therefore push compassion off in time. But compassion is without time(the past). 

Edited by Jack River

Seeeing yourself as an animal is only one conceptual lens to look at yourself from.  You can also look at yourself as being other than an animal simultaneously.  You might summarize this as the Paradox of Being an Animal and Not Being an Animal, and you gotta work both ends of this paradox.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 12/28/2018 at 9:57 AM, Mu_ said:

This may be most appropriate for SD Green thinkers hoping to move into Yellow, but offers something for everyone.....

Something that I found very liberating along the path to awakening was realizing that we are just animals.  If your like me, probably at some point along the path, if you self reflect, you may notice you start to subtly judge others based upon your new set of values developed through reading awakened masters of the past, watching Leo's video's, starting a meditation practice or wanting the world to be a better place.

We all came through this same process of a big bang, to formation of stares, and organisms, to more familiar now nature as "animals" yet we separate ourselves from it and judge accordingly with, oh humans are territorial and act violent and we kill eachother, and steal, this is horrible, we should be One nation, One earth (and this can be something we can aspire to and work towards) but this isn't how things were created within the universe, nor was it ever a problem that happened this way!  This can very liberating to let in, and can help you let go of a lot of self judgement and judgement of others who you see as problems who aren't or haven't woken up.

I also had this insight. It is more powerful than people might give it credit for.

This is largely a yellow insight. Tier 1 stages will reject this truth, including green. Its very hard for humans to accept that they are simply a particular species of animal. They accept that non-human animals dont have free will but they reject that for humans, despite what they say.

After all, if other people dont have free will, how can they choose to adopt your ideology ;)

Edited by Matt8800

8 hours ago, Jack River said:

That’s an opinion people adopt yes. 

The reality is analysis, evaluating, is resistance and therefore push compassion off in time. But compassion is without time(the past). 

Sounds like your talking about unconditional love.  And all manners of life trajectories and intentions/non intentions can bring one in touch with it, I'd be careful with limiting it to only reachable in one particular fashion/path/religion/non-thinking.  It/god is bigger than that.

7 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Seeeing yourself as an animal is only one conceptual lens to look at yourself from.  You can also look at yourself as being other than an animal simultaneously.  You might summarize this as the Paradox of Being an Animal and Not Being an Animal, and you gotta work both ends of this paradox.

Agreed, but thats a topic for another day :)

2 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Sounds like your talking about unconditional love.  And all manners of life trajectories and intentions/non intentions can bring one in touch with it, I'd be careful with limiting it to only reachable in one particular fashion/path/religion/non-thinking.  It/god is bigger than that.

Agreed, but thats a topic for another day :)

I do agree with you that the animal lens is an interesting lens to look at ourselves from.  I just found a book on Physical Anthropology that I've been reading lately.  

IMG_2661.jpg

Edited by Joseph Maynor

10 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Sounds like your talking about unconditional love

Watch distinctions. 

And all manners of life trajectories and intentions/non intentions can bring one in touch with it, I'd be careful with limiting it to only reachable in one particular fashion/path/religion/non-thinking.

I’m referring to the limits themselves. I’m not limiting anything but simply pointing the the very limiting factors(what is). 

Each particular fashion, path, religion, thinking or non thinking all fall within those very limits. This is an example of the exclusionary nature of psychological evolution. Choosing between things of the mind(between the opposites) only perpetuates confusion, contradiction, conflict. This is effort in action(inattention). 

It/god is bigger than that.

Hehe....Freedom first my dude. Or as a great friend once said don’t go beyond that which one has not yet begun. 

Edited by Jack River

10 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Watch distinctions. 

I’m referring to the limits themselves. I’m not limiting anything but simply pointing the the very limiting factors(what is). 

Each particular fashion, path, religion, thinking or non thinking all fall within those very limits. This is an example of the exclusionary nature of psychological evolution. Choosing between things of the mind(between the opposites) only perpetuates confusion, contradiction, conflict. This is effort in action(inattention). 

Hehe....Freedom first my dude. Or as a great friend once said don’t go beyond that which one has not yet begun. 

Your sharing some very deep and profound insights/things/reality, however I'm not sure if you are aware that when you share "The reality is analysis, evaluating, is resistance and therefore push compassion off in time. But compassion is without time(the past). "  Is itself a perspective that has use and value, but again is limited and confined, because as I see it, one will simply not allow for anything outside of that if that is what you limit reality to.  For example your statement that "The reality is analysis, evaluating = resistance is also paradoxically also false,  since those things happen in the flow that is living/waking up/human life which lead to the first thing you were pointing to "Compassion is when observation without evaluating/examining/analyzing-effort is no more".  They are connected, not separate.

Another example, perhaps not helpful and maybe confusing :) lol

The paragraph, kids are great and learn wonderful things that inspire them to go out and make a difference in the world.  They encounter difficulties and hardships such as bullies and asshole bosses and bureaucracy, that dishearten them and maybe run them into the ground of frustration. 

Now, I'm not gonna put words in your mouth, but very often including myself, people who have spiritual awakenings and understand greater depth of reality (as they believe), will translate the above paragraph into a , there is no kid, who learned anything, they were always just a movement of Being in time, and the difficulties they encountered were just in their mind and were due to resistance, and there were no asshole bosses or buerocrates, it was in the seeres eyes, and their disheartening was self caused and is illusion, and yada yada yada.  And while yes there is a half truth there, its also just as true and perhaps down to earth and pretty agreed or recognized that what I originally wrote is true, has value and from my experience in this awakening thing, is also true from that angle, as we are the One and only One's who went through the above as it felt and was seen that way, AND we also learned that it wasn't and was both in and out of our hands, in/as this flowing always present thing called Now/Infinity/God.  Or at least thats my take....

20 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Your sharing some very deep and profound insights/things/reality

They are not “my” insights :)

20 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

however I'm not sure if you are aware that when you share "The reality is analysis, evaluating, is resistance and therefore push compassion off in time. But compassion is without time(the past). "  Is itself a perspective that has use and value, but again is limited and confined, because as I see it, one will simply not allow for anything outside of that if that is what you limit reality to.

Yeah I’ve heard it before dude. It’s not a conclusionary type of deal. It’s not a perspective either. It is. Whether or not one feels these things(analysis, evaluation, effort-positive/negative resistance)...fashion, path, religion, thinking or non thinking are necessary or not is an opinion/bais-prejudice with regard to there own specific background and personalized tendencies. But what I originally posted was not of personal opinion/perspective, but simply the what-is without my personal likes or dislikes attached. 

The fact is people move within this pattern of effort(time) anyhow. If they should or shouldn’t is besides the point and irrelevant. 

Not agreeing or disagreeing just speaking of what is. People will do what they want to do. I’m not playing teacher role saying it is necessary or not necessary to do anything in particular. I am pointing to the what is that is observable by any one of us. 

It’s all so much more simple then people tend to make it. To see something dangerous and simply not walk in that direction. Simplicity is beautiful heh?

Edited by Jack River