Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adam M

New Testament Blatantly Describes Nonduality

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys I was sniffing through the bible in search of some holy wisdom and I came across some great quotes about ego death so I thought I'd share.

Luke 17:20

The Coming of the Kingdom of God
20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.

Luke 17:30

It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed. 31 On that day no one who is on the housetop, with possessions inside, should go down to get them. Likewise, no one in the field should go back for anything.32 Remember Lot’s wife! 33 Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it. 34 I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left. 35 Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left.” [36] [e]

37 “Where, Lord?” they asked.

He replied, “Where there is a dead body, there the vultures will gather.”

Add to ur commonplace book ;)

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Sounds like a rant against dogma to me.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Yeah, there's a lot in there

Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 

13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

Corinthians 12:12-13

Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:3

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/unity-bible-verses/

@Adam MIts easier to attribute truth to the obscure meanings only when the truth is already known. I was raised heavily indoctrinated in Christianity growing up and I can guarantee that there was nobody in my church, or any other church I went to, that had any inkling of non-duality in the least.

If its teaching non-duality, it is extremely poorly communicated. If I had written the New Testament, I would have communicated it in a superior way resulting in clearer comprehension. I have written Standard Operating Procedures Manuals for two companies and I made sure there was no confusion about exactly what I meant. That is not meant to be arrogant. Any mediocre writer could have taught the authors of the NT a lot about communicating more clearly.

Compared to other ancient texts, like the Upanishads, the "non-dual" teachings of the NT are underwhelming. 

Edited by Matt8800

Psalms: Be still and know.
Job 33:31-33: Pay attention, O Job, listen to me; Keep silent, and let me speak. Keep silent, and I will teach you wisdom."
St. John of the Cross
: do not bother about the regard of others , but commune inwardly with God.For the knowledge of God is received in divine silence.

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!

4 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

@Adam MIts easier to attribute truth to the obscure meanings only when the truth is already known. I was raised heavily indoctrinated in Christianity growing up and I can guarantee that there was nobody in my church, or any other church I went to, that had any inkling of non-duality in the least.

If its teaching non-duality, it is extremely poorly communicated. If I had written the New Testament, I would have communicated it in a superior way resulting in clearer comprehension. I have written Standard Operating Procedures Manuals for two companies and I made sure there was no confusion about exactly what I meant. That is not meant to be arrogant. Any mediocre writer could have taught the authors of the NT a lot about communicating more clearly.

Compared to other ancient texts, like the Upanishads, the "non-dual" teachings of the NT are underwhelming. 

some would say the non-duality is actually expertly hidden, instead of it just being poorly communicated. You have to remember the bible was written for the people of the time, and in their current understanding and culture. And the nondualism is more implied, in teachings like "do unto others as you would have them do unto you", instead of banging the hebrews over the head with it, because they would have never accepted it. Hell, they didn't even accept the watered down version. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

8 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

some would say the non-duality is actually expertly hidden, instead of it just being poorly communicated. You have to remember the bible was written for the people of the time, and in their current understanding and culture. And the nondualism is more implied, in teachings like "do unto others as you would have them do unto you", instead of banging the hebrews over the head with it, because they would have never accepted it. Hell, they didn't even accept the watered down version. 

Thats an interesting teaching strategy - hide your teaching so well that the student is never taught.

Im personally grateful that Im not limited to such watered-down, "hidden" teachings :)

Edited by Matt8800

Check out Neville Goddard, an American mystic. He taught non-duality and manifestation through interpreting bible. He interpreted the bible as a psychological drama and basically said that your I AM is God, your imagination is Jesus Christ, you created the whole reality with your imagination... stuff like that, he was a pretty radical dude for his time and place.

“Man’s faith in God is measured by his confidence in himself... Your faith in God is measured by your confidence in yourself, because your true self is God.”  - Neville Goddard

On 12/28/2018 at 10:45 AM, Matt8800 said:

I couldn't agree more and I enjoy reading the Upanishads and the Gita as their explanations of God (Self, Brahman) are more straight-forward and to the point. 

But I also love to see how beautifully twisted the Bible can be in the hands of the ego-mind. 

Now that I can see the biblical teachings through the lens of nonduality, they are much more powerful and clear.

Here is another beautiful quote from Job 33:6@Big Guru Balls

"I am the same as you in God's sight."

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

On 12/28/2018 at 10:45 AM, Matt8800 said:

Maybe it’s not obscured but more, cloaked. In the sense, nobody’s murdering anyone on a cross for writing conflicting Standard Operating Procedures Manuals. (As far as I know). Also, the main themes are unity of the Father, Son, & Holy Ghost, Jesus died for our sins, and forgive each other and be forgiving of ourselves. It is at least kind of blatant, in hindsight, no? 

The churches do seem to roll it out minus the entire nondual message somehow. It’s like a paper thin illusion made by accenting all the wrong notes.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Interesting...In one perspective you can see where christianity got corrupted because if it is in fact hinting at non-dualism than a discovery of this by the reader  would undermine the entire concept of the religion itself  (that Jesus was the son of God and the one and only true God and would take your sins for you) Because in truth everything is one...we are all God in our true form - and that as our true selves we are pure...any one of us can become enlightened just like Jesus was.  

Perhaps that is where things got twisted somewhere with religion.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.