Anton Rogachevski

The invisible sneaky thoughts

11 posts in this topic

My friend and I have been inquiring live, and thanks to his clever input I had some profound insight into the sneaky nature of thought. I think it deserves it's own thread. 

The thing is, there are especially sneaky "glue" thoughts that seem almost invisible to the rational process, yet they play a major role in deluding one's mind to "know" things it doesn't actually know.

These are some examples:

Relation

Seperation

Identification

Imply

Conclusion

Know

Meaning

Sentence example:

"Are thoughts separate from awareness?" - notice how the thought just added itself without you noticing and introduced separation where there is none?

"It appears as if you conclude things but I don't see how you reach the conclusion."

"Thought can not imply. Nor is it any kind of movement. All thought is your illusion, just like any identification, process, or resistance."

"Thought can’t identify, nor can thought love"

Please add more if you have any,

Thank you for reading,
Goodluck on your journey fellow travelers!

Credit to Nahm

Edited by Anton Rogachevski

I can't think of any right now but it's a good thread so I'm bumping to see what others say. 

I guess one could be "I know what you mean." Chances are, I don't. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

The main problem is defining ourselves with linear statements which get turned into beliefs.  Whatever language can tell us is one thing and whatever I am is another thing.  It really comes down to an apples and oranges kind of thing.  We have all these meanings that we think define me.  Really?  It's an unintended consequence of language.  On the one hand we have useful knowledge (the pro of language), but on the other hand we try to define ourselves with our language (the con of language).  The error is in defining ourselves with factual intention in language and then being programmed with beliefs that follow from that practice.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Anton Rogachevski

This is a deep place you’re going to. Nice.  

How about the thought that anyone else is thinking. 

The thought “my body”.

And if you really wanna get crazy, identify every thought you’ve ever had about God, see what’s left. 

Also...a call back to that other thread, about putting experience in order (the filters) - It pairs with this one.

An example might be that you can think about what you are visually seeing, but you can not visually see thinking. (Unidirectional)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

15 minutes ago, Nahm said:

An example might be that you can think about what you are visually seeing, but you can not visually see thinking.

I've never considered this. And what does that mean? I can't see thoughts, but I can sure hear them, and see inner visions. (also think about hearing, and the inner vision)

Also think about thinking - which is what is referred to as reflection - It's merely an echoing of different aspects of awareness, pretending to be "related".

34 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

I can't see thoughts, but I can sure hear them, and see inner visions.

Hear should be another one.. we use it too often when referring to thoughts. Too bad there's not a better word for it, since the word 'hearing' tends to imply something audible, when thoughts aren't audible(unless the body happens to be using to the vocal cords to express the thoughts) There is only awareness of thoughts, as they arise. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

3 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Hear should be another one.. we use it too often when referring to thoughts. Too bad there's not a better word for it, since the word 'hearing' tends to imply something audible, when thoughts aren't audible. There is only awareness of thoughts, as they arise. 

One can hear memories of audio, like a file opening and playing. If the mind is very quiet, you can literally "hear" it sometimes. It feeds directly into the mind's hearing module and so there's no need for actual sound.

Just now, Anton Rogachevski said:

One can hear memories of audio, like a file opening and playing. If the mind is very quiet, you can literally "hear" it sometimes. It feeds directly into the mind and so there's no need for actual sound.

yeah true, that's definitely an inner hearing. Ok, I was just referring to how we say we "hear our thoughts"

I like to think of the mind as an echo chamber of multiple inputs. Like a broken record it repeats stimuli over and over, pretending that it's doing the "thinking", while it's just a bouncing pile of crap in a bucket.

1 minute ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

I like to think of the mind as an echo chamber of multiple inputs. Like a broken record it repeats stimuli over and over, pretending that it's doing the "thinking", while it's just a bouncing pile of crap in a bucket.

haha, love it