How to be wise

Conflict between Enlightenment and Life Purpose

132 posts in this topic

The boundaries between what is perfect and what is not perfect breaks down and so everything becomes beautiful and perfect,

38 minutes ago, traveler said:

I don't see how you could be a work towards perfection, when everything already is perfect as it is.

Yes, quite the paradox. 

Within the timeline, will you and everything else be exactly the same an hour from now? I don’t think so. The mind-body is dynamic and always changing moment to moment. If you are perfect now, how can a different you also be perfect an hour from now?

You are perfect now as you continuously evolve as perfection toward perfection.

Future is an illusion. There is only now. Whatever you do, it takes place in the now.

6 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

Future is an illusion. There is only now. Whatever you do, it takes place in the now.

Perhaps the now is also an illusion, just a different flavor of dream.

43 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yes, of course. I was responding to the OP. He labels things such as "future" as unclear mind. It doesn't even matter if you're detached from it.

I think a major point is as long as the past influences action psychologically/spiritually we will live life in confusion, conflict, and always striving to reach that goody at the end of the tunnel. 

To live a dead life. 

It's rather necessary to put time in its right place. 

Edited by Jack River

2 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Jack Rivermaybe so however time is not the enemy unless it is made to be 

14 minutes ago, Jack River said:

11 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yes, quite the paradox. 

Within the timeline, will you and everything else be exactly the same an hour from now? I don’t think so. The mind-body is dynamic and always changing moment to moment. If you are perfect now, how can a different you also be perfect an hour from now?

You are perfect now as you continuously evolve as perfection toward perfection.

Change is an illusion. Nothing changes. Everything is completely perfect right now.

11 hours ago, Key Elements said:

Correct!

11 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Correct. Even the ‘now’ is a story of the past. 

11 hours ago, Jack River said:

I think a major point is as long as the past influences action psychologically/spiritually we will live life in confusion, conflict, and always striving to reach that goody at the end of the tunnel. 

To live a dead life. 

Exactly. People live their lives based on a misunderstood past. That’s why it’s important to dig up the past in your self-inquiry. I’ve gotten a lot from that.

10 hours ago, DrewNows said:

@Jack Rivermaybe so however time is not the enemy unless it is made to be 

Everything a friend. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

14 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Change is an illusion. Nothing changes. 

Do thoughts arise in your mind? Do feelings arise in your body? Do you get hungry?. . . 

4 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Do thoughts arise in your mind? Do feelings arise in your body? Do you get hungry?. . . 

I think he means that the 'illusion' changes, not the reality. Just like the content of the movie(illusion) changes, but the screen(reality) remains changeless.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

31 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

No.

25 minutes ago, Preetom said:

I think he means that the 'illusion' changes, not the reality. Just like the content of the movie(illusion) changes, but the screen(reality) remains changeless.

Nothing changes. The illusion didn’t exist so how can it change.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

6 hours ago, How to be wise said:

That’s why it’s important to dig up the past in your self-inquiry. I’ve gotten a lot from that.

We soon see that there is no division between me and the past, and that the digger itself is the same entity as the process of digging..So there is conflict that arises which will perpetuate and sustain the me/past-time/illusion. We tend to analyze/evaluate(effort) to dig up the past, but this seems to keep it flowing(resistance). So I have found there is a direct seeing of what-is that doesn’t sustain the illusion of seperation. 

We soon see that every action “the self” takes upon itself or does not take, sustains it’s own continuity. So there is a type of observation of what-is without acceptance or condemnation(positive-negative resistance) that doesn’t feed that loop of divison. Pretty simple and gnarly as well.

Then we may find that that continuity(time) comes to a stop and there is a possibility to embrace without resistance actual CHANGE itself. Where truth is embraced from “moment to moment” without resisting by attaching to the static content of thought, which prevents CHANGE. 

We see that when time comes to an end that that beginning/end continuity refered to as changing comes to a stop. 

We may soon see that CHANGE is truth. A beginningless-endless river of truth(WHAT IS). 

To live like this is, well, there is no way to say anymore. :)

Edited by Jack River

The probable upcoming questions that arise regarding change and non changing can be refered to as DYNAMIC-STILLNESS. 

This is apparent when the center comes to an end. Headlessness/nonbeing or the ground of being. 

Edited by Jack River

@Jack River of course, digging the past is not absolute. It’s like an elevator. It takes your awareness to very high levels. But eventually, you must discard it. It has a limit. Awareness does not.

23 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Jack River of course, digging the past is not absolute. It’s like an elevator. It takes your awareness to very high levels. But eventually, you must discard it. It has a limit. Awareness does not.

Well I kinda follow what you mean. 

The elevator thing I’m unclear on. 

What I mean is simply to explore the past may imply the past (motive-intention/effort; to transcend what is). This is implied in analysis/or to observe/evaluate. Not sure if that is what you meant. 

As in to change what is according to what should be (to find the root and create its opposite out of that opposite). This can be refered to a divided action. 

My post was simple saying to expose the what is without trying to transcend it, as if it were distinct from “the u”. 

See what I mean? 

Edited by Jack River