Ali123

Shadow Work

8 posts in this topic

I would like to know how I can start shadow work. All day, I've been looking for techniques which show how to do it. I cannot find it. Does anyone know how to do it, step by step? Thanks in advance!

Shadow dance is a great book.

Watch your polarization towards the external world. Things which you admire are your positive potential and that which disgusts you is what you repress in yourself, often times.

Meditation of all kinds is shadow work. shamanic breathing is very good for trauma, which is part of shadow work

2 hours ago, Ali123 said:

I would like to know how I can start shadow work. All day, I've been looking for techniques which show how to do it. I cannot find it. Does anyone know how to do it, step by step? Thanks in advance!

My own technique that i use and discovered is staying awake atleast 3 days straight, 72h atleast. With food, tea or coffee if necessary, with non stop meditation, Breath working. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Thanks for the suggestions! I have an idea about how I could do shadow work, so can you just examine it and see is it good enough.

1.Sit down for 30-60 mins

2.Get into the present moment and start asking myself why am I shy and observing various situations in the past and seeing what emotion I used.(shyness is my shadow)

3.Try and feel the emotion and basically observe it until something comes up

I would plan to do this daily, without missing a day and gradually increasing my time. If there are things that are not effective in my technique, can you just point it out or if you have a different suggestion, please share it. Thanks!!

22 minutes ago, Ali123 said:

2.Get into the present moment and start asking myself why am I shy and observing various situations in the past and seeing what emotion I used.(shyness is my shadow)

You can do that in your journal as well. When you write things down it is easier to understand your thoughts and feelings.

18 minutes ago, Privet said:

You can do that in your journal as well. When you write things down it is easier to understand your thoughts and feelings.

So journaling could do the trick to beat shyness?

22 minutes ago, Ali123 said:

So journaling could do the trick to beat shyness?

Journaling is useful way to do the analysis.

To actually beat shyness you need lots of exposure.

Edited by Privet

@Ali123 Journaling  helps a lot in shadow work, I ended up surprised how effective it is.