Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobby

Have you Had More Success with SE or Vipassana?

5 posts in this topic

Nitty-Gritty, Real Talk

provided you've been doing them well, have you had more success with self enquiry, or vipassana?

and could you explain why?

I've hardly touced SE myself, so I'm curious

edit: by vipassana i'm mean insight meditation. which is basically noticing the lack of self  , impermanence, and dissatisfaction in all phenomena. there's a book on leo's list regarding this.

Edited by Bobby

@Bobby i think their goal is different.

Yeah it's liberation but self inquiry is straight into what you are but vipassana is building mindfulness and focus then attaining liberation i guess.

I feel like vipassana is very good for mindfulness, being precent and having lazer focused concentration. But self inquiry is questioning who you truly are. Leo released a new video on it too!

@Pouya  vipassana is about seeing directly into impermanence. about noticing the rising and falling of phenomena from and into nothingness

I would say. Vippassana is like first purifying yourself from vasanas little by little then enlightenment at the end.

SE is like going to the core first. Then karma dissolusion happens later.

So one is purifying then enlightenment. Second is enlightenment then purity follows after.

If you identify with the body, self esteem issues will be inevitable. 

ummmmm my experience might be irrelevant but I tried both and both didnt give much insight. you need I think to be ready for those practices to truly get something out of them.

now talking from a place of belief, not experience, I would say that self inquiry might be more tricky than vipassana, its very hard to do properly. while in vipassana you have a higher chance of getting some mystical experience which might help you somehow. now, I think neither self inquiry nor vipassana will liberate most people in this age. both are pretty bad. I think yoga, journaling, psychedelics, psychoanalysis, contemplation and reading books are much more effective long term and for liberation.