Preetom

The Logic Behind the Mechanism of Self-Inquiry

29 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

@Preetom  Are you awakened? I speak from that perspective. You speak from a perspective of the EGO. Apparently you confusing awarness. Anything in existance is aware at some level, the basic level, the fractal level, but the human body is the cherry on the cake of awarness. The enlightenend human being can be more aware than any living animal on earth. 

You're misunderstanding my post. By Awareness, I'm referring to the Self which has no level. 

And no 'thing' or 'human body' exclusively possess Awareness. 

Notice that in order to make any legitimate claim, there has be a 'knowing' first.

14 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

No body/mind, no awareness . What are you talking about? :) 

If you say ''No body-mind, no awareness'', then the question is how do you 'know' that as a fact? You are either talking from experience, or you are speculating and depended on beliefs and hearsay. 

Do you see that your very denial of Awareness actually establishes the presence of Awareness before anything else? xD

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 hour ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

@Hellspeed So what do you recommend that is more direct than self inquiry ... 

Well according to some 24th dimension propaganda, it is using honey and milk to awaken the dragon. :ph34r:

I don't know... xD 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

23 hours ago, Preetom said:

No point in beating yourself up. During mind attacks, you can deliberately try neti neti which I found helpful.

Consciously watch your thoughts and label them as 'known', while 'you' remain aware of both that thought and labeling. No need to suppress the thoughts, just see the relationship of yourself with thoughts, which is You Awareness is untouched and unaffected by thoughts. That is dis-identicafcation developing...

Yes, I agree. I'm being too judgemental of the racing thoughts. Still trying to take control... How silly of me

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

I'm new to actually using this blog, none the less i'm not new to the topic. I've always had one issue with this whole process, people spend so many hours with their eyes closed wishing to find awareness. Is it not so paradoxically as simple to self inquire with your eyes open? 

what are your opinions, i am intrigued to know your viewpoint?

3 minutes ago, Aakash said:

I'm new to actually using this blog, none the less i'm not new to the topic. I've always had one issue with this whole process, people spend so many hours with their eyes closed wishing to find awareness. Is it not so paradoxically as simple to self inquire with your eyes open? 

what are your opinions, i am intrigued to know your viewpoint?

Yes, you can do it with your eyes open, you are not looking for image or object in your awareness, besides I think it is easier to notice when you are going in right direction with open eyes, also some physical activity now and then can be helpful  too , to see the changes. 

Edited by purerogue

Precisely, if YOU is TRUTH, how else will i realise it without being it with open eyes. 

Thank you for your response

4 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Yes, I agree. I'm being too judgemental of the racing thoughts. Still trying to take control... How silly of me

Remember that self inquiry is not a mind suppressing or concentration meditation on a single object.

It is about being aware of the presence of the subject(awareness) with respect to any object(thought) that arises...and seeing how the subject remains unaffected and still no matter what...over and over again 9_9

@Aakash

Self inquiry as originally prescribed is supposed to be done all throughout the day as much as possible. In the beginning stage, having a sitting practice helps to get a 'feel' of it. After a while, it is encouraged to do it even while doing daily activities.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''