Edward95

The joys of enlightened life

8 posts in this topic

The sort of joy one feels as your heart pounds in extraordinary situations - seeing a breathtaking view from mountain top after a long hike, when skydiving, or when you race down a slope skiing.... is it fair to say an enlightened person feels such joy in every moment so is not necessary to seek such adventures?

Even the "Enlightened one" continues to have fresh insights, experiences & fresh epiphanies until their departure arrives.

It's a never-ending adventure. Never stop exploring.

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

@Edward95 I think Enlightenment will feel just the same as you feel right now.

You are already who you are, which is consciousness. You have always been it, so in a sense, there is no attainment and no emotional state.

You've been already living your life as awareness. Enjoying those activities as awareness, and after you realize this, you are still awareness.

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

2 hours ago, Edward95 said:

The sort of joy one feels as your heart pounds in extraordinary situations - seeing a breathtaking view from mountain top after a long hike, when skydiving, or when you race down a slope skiing.... is it fair to say an enlightened person feels such joy in every moment so is not necessary to seek such adventures?

Consider a frog that has been born in the depth of a well shaft and spend his whole life down there only seeing the sky though the opening above. How could the frog imagine the world 'out there'?

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

14 hours ago, Edward95 said:

I noticed myself hearing a message from the Higher self one time...I put my hand up against a tree and felt it. And the message came: "none of it is real." Because I had grown up as a Christian and learned to call this voice "God" I accepted it, but could not comprehend it in the slightest. How the hell could this tree not be real. And I'm only starting to taste the first bits of understanding now...

Enlightenment is the ability to look at reality and see it. It is my dream to see the stars one day...when I look up at them now all I see is my ideas and it feels false (a little tiny bit saddening to)...I've known since I was a child, something about the raw vastness of stars and outer space somehow exposed to my heart that something was off. That something just didn't look right. I just didn't expect it to be this dramatic. It's like when you pull a little string out of your sweater, but then it keeps pulling and pulling and you end up pulling apart near enough the entire jumper as opposed to one little thread lol. 

18 hours ago, Edward95 said:

Or the joy to take out the garbage :) not only special exciting things. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.