CreamCat

Reduction of neuroticism leads to temporary setbacks.

14 posts in this topic

In the long term, reduction in neuroticism permanently improves performance.

In the short term, reduction in neuroticism decreases awareness and industriousness and increases laziness. I'm experiencing laziness right now. But, I can adjust.

Don't panic. If I can reduce neuroticism and increase industriousness and awareness, it will be really good.

Edited by CreamCat

Id rather have peace of mind and get less done then be a freaked out monkey and get nothing done. :P

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@CreamCat 

The root of neurosis varies from individual to individual but it often predicts how they behave. If you're decreasing your neurosis, you should be working on on your beliefs, thought patterns and monkey mind, nothing else. If you even manage to shift your beliefs and monkey mind in the right direction then automatically, you should be more driven, motivated and productive to achieve the things that motivate and drive you.

If you're not driven and motivated and in result more productive then i'm afraid your neurosis tricked you, and it's still there, but now even stronger.

Remember removing your neuroticism is like removing a part of who you are, the only real way to do that is to go that extra step to really, really understand it and see how it functions, and the results it generates, and then to finally accept it, and then to have a sense of empathy and warmth towards it but that should naturally come as you begin to understand it.

That is the real and permanent way to cure neurosis. 

If you think you already did the above, trust me you haven't ;) 

@CreamCat

also,

listening to Jordan Peterson videos on neurosis is like reading a vaguely written instructions manual on how to build a house, meanwhile you already have a house  but want to rebuild it. :

You get the rough picture, but the details are not quite there, and also it doesn't take into consideration the house you already have and how you can build on it in order to achieve the house you want, but you know the end result.

What i'm trying to say is, JP will give you a glimpse of what the end product will be but not how to get there since that is personal and you need to figure out that stuff on your own. 

Which Leo's Videos are really great for helping you discover the problem and building on it.

Best of luc

Edited by Mezanti

@Mezanti I think your sentences are a bit disorganized. It was hard for me to understand. I'm beginning to realize that I tricked myself into believing that my neuroticism decreased.

Maybe, it did. But, I noticed that I was avoiding emotional pain rather than experiencing less neuroticism.

From tomorrow onward, I'm going to face emotional pain again without accidentally making emotional pain. I used to rely on emotional pain to increase awareness. In order to increase awareness, I might have increased neuroticism on purpose.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat i have to work on my writing to make it more understandable.

neuroticism isn't the things you are or aren't aware of, it's how you feel towards them, and how they affect your emotions.

this might better explain my point:

In the past i was battling some negative thoughts (As we all do) and i had used the strategy of "blocking negative thoughts and anything related to them" soon enough i realized that so much of my perceptions and understandings of things where linked to my negative world image. I found my self denying my word image as a whole, it made me feel ignorant and i started to behave in illogical ways just because i was avoiding a feeling or an emotional state. I now realize that there is value in being fearful and doubtful and that you should be aware of danger and threat, but i also understand that much of my fear and worrying was immature and preventing me from many things in life, so although i still see things through that negative perspective i added on to it positive perspectives, kind of like i build on what was already there.

I hope that was a more understandable reply :)

@CreamCat  Maybe you are just having some ego backlashes? I have these too when I realize something profound :) They prevent you from going mad, don't judge yourself, it will fade away, breath :D 

14 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

@CreamCat  Maybe you are just having some ego backlashes? I have these too when I realize something profound :) They prevent you from going mad, don't judge yourself, it will fade away, breath :D 

There was a bit of ego backlashes for a few days. It has mostly faded away. Now, I'm better than before. Today, I realized that I need to perfect my planning system because lack of a good planning system has been the major bottleneck of progress.

I have sucked at distributing workload across days and weaks. Thus, I often ended up assigning too much work to myself on a single day. As a result, I tried to do too many shallow tasks and couldn't get important things done.

The principle is first things first.

I will work on my planning system.

Edited by CreamCat

This can definitely happen, and it sucks.

Prior to my awakenings when I was 20, I had the most iron-clad willpower out of anyone that I knew and I prided myself on this fact. Then, I saw beyond ego and saw that I was really just craving significance and trying to outrun the reaper. And previously unbeknownst to me, my life was a giant ball of suffering for the very reason that I was so industrious and successful in my endeavors.

Overall, it's been a positive thing to see through all those illusions. But those awakenings and resulting integrations totally corroded away the foundation for my work ethic which was based mostly upon fear of insignificance.

So, I floundered in life for years after these experiences until I was able to find my bearings and rebuild around healthier motivations. (although I'm sure they're still not perfect)

Are you struggling with self-sabotage and CONSTANTLY standing in the way of your own success? 

If so, and if you're looking for an experienced coach to help you discover and resolve the root of the issue, you can click this link to schedule a free discovery call with me to see if my program is a good fit for you.

Becoming lazy because of spiritual growth is healthy, even if seemingly counterintuitive. Healing wounds, having realizations, raising your vibration, it all leads to changes in behavior. It might seem like you're taking steps backwards, but it only seems that way. Like Emerald said, you having what you considered positive traits, were likely just the byproduct of low vibrational behavior. 

For instance if I was afraid my family would disown me if I don't live the life they wanted, I might choose to work hard towards achieving some low vibrational goal. For instance, accrue wealth for the sake of greed and fear of being disowned. You'd be industrious, but extremely inauthentic, and in turn unhealthy. Authenticity is what this life is about, and it's what healing and spirituality moves you towards. If you're not doing what feels the most right to you, it's inauthentic.

As you raise in vibration you start peeling back layer after layer of inauthenticity. You'll even find instances where inauthenticity led to a certain behavior, then realize a second layer of inauthenticity brings you back to the same exact behavior you started with. It's fascinating how that works, and it's because it's all about intention. Where your intentions lie, is where your authenticity or inauthenticity lies, not in the behaviors you exhibit themselves.

Fortunately this back and forth of behavior does end. You'll eventually reach your healthiest state, pure authenticity with no energetic blockages/baggage. Then there is no more layers to peel back. 

The peeling of these layers, completely healing, is actually quite more difficult than realizing enlightenment. That's why you see these beings pointing towards nonduality in a way that's in no way helpful to anyone. They've achieved enlightenment, but did not do the work of healing, which is necessary to be able to fully comprehend the magnitude of existence. Then they try to teach others about it, while not actually even able to understand what it is they're even saying. It's like a 5 year old recognizing calculus could somehow be useful, then trying to explain to others the point of it.

This is all to point to the importance of healing, which is completely underrepresented in spiritual communities, ironically.

My best advice on this topic is whenever you notice something is painful, you're likely getting an opportunity to heal some sort of wound. Don't turn away from it, don't avoid it, face it. Face it without judgment, without trying to push it away. That's how you embrace authenticity.

Suffering is the mechanism the universe uses to push us towards unity and love. And you might have noticed, the more you turn away from your problems, or the more combative you get with them, the worse they get. It's because the mechanism of suffering is designed to increase in intensity the more you avoid it. And some people will avoid it for so long that the intensity is increased to the point it literally kills them. Think cancer, heart attacks, autoimmune diseases. Those are just physical manifestations of the suffering an individual experiences and has never properly dealt with. 

People are so afraid to face their pain, they'd literally rather die. Hopefully in the upcoming generations, it will become common knowledge how disease manifests, and how to properly heal from our wounds.

24 minutes ago, Elysian said:

Think cancer, heart attacks, autoimmune diseases. Those are just physical manifestations of the suffering an individual experiences and has never properly dealt with.

You are saying as though I would become an immortal human who has no limitation in life span if I became fully authentic.

Cancer and heart attack are often natural consequences of aging process. If you cured aging, it would be difficult for you to get cancer or heart attack.

Edited by CreamCat

Cancer and heart attack are not natural parts of the aging process.

3 hours ago, Elysian said:

Cancer and heart attack are not natural parts of the aging process.

That's right. No more suicidal tendencies. Was just hard to accept Truth. Be gentle with me... :'(