Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lmfao

Extreme night terrors. Any advice?

9 posts in this topic

This is probably the wrong site for this type of thread but I feel the need to type it anyway. I fell asleep 90 minutes ago, and those 90 minutes since then have been packed with the most emotional distress I've ever experienced in my life. I woke up screaming. It was literal hell, I've never experienced so much negative emotion in my life. Those 90 minutes of sleep literally felt like two weeks of lived experience, so much time dilation. I'm at a loss of words of how to describe my dream, other than simply being hell. After having woken up now, Im literally crying if I try to remember my dreams. The whole things feel so cerebral and unreal. I've never taken psychedelics, but for a short part of the dream I was experiencing what you could probably say is the most negative and suffering filled drug trip in all of human existence with hallucinations and negative perceptions reaching to depths of negativity you never even knew existed. Hallucinations and emotions that I felt in the dream was extremely scary and honestly feels like some borderline supernatural shit. 

Anyone here had similar problems? 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao

Yeah had them. Used to have them a lot more frequently once I started doing spiritual practices. Some of them were so excruciatingly painful and uncomfortable that resemble various religious description of hell.

Other factors can be sleep deprivation(if you stay awake for 2-3 days), extreme physical exertions (too much toiling labor or sex/masturbation suddenly in one day), something hitting deeply in the psyche all of a sudden(like thinking a particular thought or playing a video game for 10 hours or watching a horror movie that scares the shit out of you before sleeping etc), or just a bad ol' tummy...

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Someone on the forum started reading a lot of Jed McKenna before bed to tackle his nightmares.

Sleeping on  the side is useful for sleep paralysis.

Night terrors I don't know. But read through wikipedia on the topic, etc.

:ph34r: (oops misplaced extra post)

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom @Outer Thanks for the good advice. 

@Angelite ?‍♂️ 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Too much right side, too much mind, too much wanting to understand, too much light in other words. Tap in the Heart to balance the system and get in sync with the whole universe. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On 12/20/2018 at 2:40 AM, lmfao said:

This is probably the wrong site for this type of thread but I feel the need to type it anyway. I fell asleep 90 minutes ago, and those 90 minutes since then have been packed with the most emotional distress I've ever experienced in my life. I woke up screaming. It was literal hell, I've never experienced so much negative emotion in my life. Those 90 minutes of sleep literally felt like two weeks of lived experience, so much time dilation. I'm at a loss of words of how to describe my dream, other than simply being hell. After having woken up now, Im literally crying if I try to remember my dreams. The whole things feel so cerebral and unreal. I've never taken psychedelics, but for a short part of the dream I was experiencing what you could probably say is the most negative and suffering filled drug trip in all of human existence with hallucinations and negative perceptions reaching to depths of negativity you never even knew existed. Hallucinations and emotions that I felt in the dream was extremely scary and honestly feels like some borderline supernatural shit. 

Anyone here had similar problems? 

I used to have nightmares. When I fully accepted my own inevitable death, they ended. If you dont fear death, what is there to fear? Once that happened, instead of running from people that were trying to kill me, I remember turning around and brutally cutting them all to pieces with a sword. After that, I never had another nightmare.