Wisebaxter

A question about observing thoughts

84 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:
37 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

The thought is unnecessary for awareness.

This is a groundless basic assumption.

@Anton Rogachevski

really? you're saying that because you are not getting what he is talking about...

try this, clap your hands. the sound you hear is heard without thought, is it not?

sure there maybe a thought right after that fact that this is a sound of my hands clapping...

so if you wanna get that, then take a random abstract sound which you cannot label... you will hear it and it will be without a thought

you may have a thought what is that sound? what does it belong to?  but notice how you become aware of the sound itself without any thought. the thought follows your awareness of the sound. :)

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Time(self) cannot see the totality of itself. It sees in fragments. Awareness is whole and unlimited by the fragent perceiving itself/thoughts; me with my labels-images(bias/prejudices-tendencies to exclude; break up and concentrate on a particular part). 

One thing I don’t see talked about on the forum is thought movement is relation to the word/image(thoughts/emotions). 

Awareness becomes very natural in this. Ofcourse a holistic understanding seems to be necessary for this. 

Edited by Jack River

Awareness is a building block of the manifest existence intrinsic to everything from the effect of observation on the quantum level to the every interaction that happens in the environmental nature to the expression of self conscious experience.

32 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

There cannot.

This is also a thought. How do you know where thoughts "are"?

This is a groundless basic assumption.

Please explain this statement. How can there be awareness of thoughts? 

The mind becomes contracted when it identifies as thoughts. It is a dynamic that maintains the relevance of an illusory ego.

There are practices  to de-identify with thoughts, yet a mind generally needs to be relaxed and open.

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

Direct experience is king, imo. Yet, words and concepts can be part of an integral foundation which includes direct experience. 

If used correctly a hammer won't break things. Since enlightenment is such a subtle castle of glass, it takes mastery and care not break and ruin it.

11 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

All i can say is this: Stop objectifying awareness. All you say is true, but it's a pity to say so. There's a reason Buddha talked in metaphors - it's to prevent this intellectualizing jibber jabber.

Yes. And who/what is aware of the mind’s jibber jabber? 

8 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

Jibber jabber is all there is.

I encourage you to dive deeper. There is sooo much more. 

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

I really encourage you to dive deeper. There is sooo much more. 

Meanwhile I'm pretty satisfied with what is. There's is an infinite amount of depth to Jibber jabber, but there's no use of going there. At some point going around in circles bores you, and you just surrender to wonder, you become one with god, and he takes care of the rest. Just give god the wheel and enjoy the ride. You never had the wheel anyway.

51 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Awareness is a building block of the manifest existence intrinsic to everything from the effect of observation on the quantum level to the every interaction that happens in the environmental nature to the expression of self conscious experience.

Your integration is staggering. Teach me oh Enlightened one. Can I ask you any questions now?

im more enlightened than you

Dont look at me! Look inside!

5 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

At some point going around in circles bores you, and you just surrender to wonder, you become one with god, and he takes care of the rest. Just give god the wheel and enjoy the ride. You never had the wheel anyway.

Yes, surrender is key. 

There is no “you” separate from “god”. 

If you become “one with god”, how can “he” take care of the rest? You and God are One and the same. You are God. 

Just now, Anton Rogachevski said:

Why thank you dear sir, I try not brag about it, but sure.

I’m not referring to an illusory self. It’s more expansive than that. Ime, this is why de-identification as thoughts is so important.

Until psychological evolution (surrender or the ending of time) becomes actualized there will continue this image projection. I am this, that, and what ever. 

In the ending of psychological evolution there is no identification period, not with god, infinity, etc., but only the action/truth of WHAT IS.(HEADLESS). 

Edited by Jack River

2 minutes ago, Jack River said:

In the ending of psychological evolution there is no identification period, not with god, infinity, etc., but only the action/truth of WHAT IS. 

And it’s oh so liberating.

25 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

Your integration is staggering. Teach me oh Enlightened one. Can I ask you any questions now?

40 minutes ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

Jibber jabber is all there is.