Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JevinR

Am I A Slave To Gaia?

4 posts in this topic

Am I? A man sent on a mission, but the mission isn't to serve myself, it's to serve society. Does this make me a slave?

13 hours ago, JevinR said:

Am I? A man sent on a mission, but the mission isn't to serve myself, it's to serve society. Does this make me a slave?

I think you've got no mission.

Edited by Dodoster

-1/12 is Infinity 

That's like asking if your left big toe is a slave to your brain. It can only wiggle the way your brain tells it to, but I doubt the toe will say it feels like a slave when you ask him. The toe is a part of the totality of the body. I'm pretty sure the toe is way happier attached to a nervous system than that someone cuts it off from the foot and is forced to go on all alone.

I mean, what is a toe without a body attached to it? What is a man without a community to express himself in?

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

16 hours ago, JevinR said:

This is a very good topic.

E belive the word slave is too strong. 

I like the analogy of cell in the human body. Humans organize themselves in super organisms, and like the cell, they have some individually but no will, because they have specific funtions. So you can say that that super organisms have a will and you do not because it is no longer necessary. What you know is what the central nervous sistem (the media) tells you. You are programmed to do and think in certain ways. We now have colective goals. Individuals exist but toguether they don't. 

The cell analogy is not perfect but it explains allot, we are a super organism ourselves, our cells now do not have individual objectives, but they did, like bacteria have.