Rilles

How To Face This Fear Head On?

11 posts in this topic

As I get closer to realizing my true nature my ego comes in with its favourite weapon...”Hey you remember that terrible weed experience you had?... doesnt it feel similar...? what if you crazy???”

I know the ego is full of shit and is just using this to stop me from unraveling the truth as the ego will sing its last praises if I do.

So my question is... how do I face this fear head on? Might as well get it out of the way before I go any futher with my inquiry.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1. The Rev. Dr. Cynthia Bourgeault of the Christian Contemplative tradition promotes two practices that work good for me.

Centering Prayer - Has nothing to do with petitionary prayer. It's a 20 minute meditation. Recommended twice a day.

Also, Welcoming Practice. This one is good to use on/for fear.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Rilles

Keep up the inquiry. It will happen when it's time.

Lights out

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

I know the ego is full of shit and is just using this to stop me from unraveling the truth as the ego will sing its last praises if I do.

ego talking about ego

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Just now, SoonHei said:

ego talking about ego

For simplicities sake yes

From first person, experience

That "crazy" feeling,

I have deeply investigated on and have personal interest since It bothered me and still time - to time does.

I quesioned it very carefully throughout wide-spread time. The practice goes like this: You imply that the fear of yours become true, so that you gone insane or crazy or mental (each has it's own taste so you should think about how is yours) then ask the question: Then what? What bothers me if I bla bla bla...then you seek for answer.

E.g.

3 hours ago, Rilles said:

”Hey you remember that terrible weed experience you had?... doesnt it feel similar...? what if you crazy???”

You imply that and ask " consider that I'm crazy and will have the terrible weed experience that I had in past, what does ti mean to me?"

You gave an answer to that question:

It means that I will suffer another weed experience and It will all hurt.

You imply that and ask again for a potential answer " yeah so what? "

everone will think im crazy

"whats bad about being crazy"

they will abandon me and I'll left alone in darkness to death

It was for me, rooted to fear of abandonment, and fear of getting rejected within society basically. Mind can twist the hidden cause of it very well. You gotta ask questions. For each negative belief you have discovered, now you have to fix each and recontexualize your beliefs as positive with attacking them like a psychologist do.

Q1: Just because it feels that way doesnt mean It will always end up like similiar experience. If I am very good at predicting things 100%, and this is true why am I not playing stocks or lottery?

Q2: I can choose whenever to smoke weed and not to smoke weed. If I don't like it, I won't smoke. That is all matters. This is me magnifying things and suffering for no reason. No such thing is happened and I did not smoke weed. Why to go obsessive about it and over thithere'nk about it to exhaust my mind?

Q3: Everyone, like 100 out of 100 people can't be thinking the same of you. This is just my mind interpreting things and trying to twist the reality. This can't and absolutely can't be true. So that this is like thinking in only "white and black" categories.

Q4: Nobody will abandon me. I am quite happy person and life goes on. I have myself and this life which is all matters. I (hopeyou do) have quite yet enough beloved ones on my side and I have hobbies.

If you want to master the skills that I've shown to you, read the book "Feeling good by David Burns" you can download it for free on archive.org

You’re getting the “you might be crazy thought” I see.  I had that too relatively recently when I was doing a bunch of work that I wasn’t passionate about.  I was diagnosing myself preliminarily with all kinds of sh*t.  And then I realized, “no, actually I just don’t like what I’m doing, I don’t like what I’m working on.”

Edited by Joseph Maynor

8 hours ago, non_nothing said:

From first person, experience

That "crazy" feeling,

I have deeply investigated on and have personal interest since It bothered me and still time - to time does.

I quesioned it very carefully throughout wide-spread time. The practice goes like this: You imply that the fear of yours become true, so that you gone insane or crazy or mental (each has it's own taste so you should think about how is yours) then ask the question: Then what? What bothers me if I bla bla bla...then you seek for answer.

E.g.

You imply that and ask " consider that I'm crazy and will have the terrible weed experience that I had in past, what does ti mean to me?"

You gave an answer to that question:

You imply that and ask again for a potential answer " yeah so what? "

"whats bad about being crazy"

It was for me, rooted to fear of abandonment, and fear of getting rejected within society basically. Mind can twist the hidden cause of it very well. You gotta ask questions. For each negative belief you have discovered, now you have to fix each and recontexualize your beliefs as positive with attacking them like a psychologist do.

Q1: Just because it feels that way doesnt mean It will always end up like similiar experience. If I am very good at predicting things 100%, and this is true why am I not playing stocks or lottery?

Q2: I can choose whenever to smoke weed and not to smoke weed. If I don't like it, I won't smoke. That is all matters. This is me magnifying things and suffering for no reason. No such thing is happened and I did not smoke weed. Why to go obsessive about it and over thithere'nk about it to exhaust my mind?

Q3: Everyone, like 100 out of 100 people can't be thinking the same of you. This is just my mind interpreting things and trying to twist the reality. This can't and absolutely can't be true. So that this is like thinking in only "white and black" categories.

Q4: Nobody will abandon me. I am quite happy person and life goes on. I have myself and this life which is all matters. I (hopeyou do) have quite yet enough beloved ones on my side and I have hobbies.

If you want to master the skills that I've shown to you, read the book "Feeling good by David Burns" you can download it for free on archive.org

This is amazing... thank you very very much

15 minutes ago, Rilles said:

This is amazing... thank you very very much

Agreed. I'll be using this also. Thanks dude ?❤️

What fear? You are the light of God. Every square meter of reality is made of this light that you are, and it is shining love in all directions. 

Embrace that!

The wise focus on what they desire to have more of in their reality, the fool focuses on what he or she does not want.

Your heart shines with the holiest love that is the only reality. What better place to live your life from? Open it up by shining. Can you do that? Will you choose to believe that fear is real or that it’s completely imaginary?

It’s always your choice to give yourself the permission to shine right now. That’s free will baby.

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️