Hardik jain

Can meditation cause confusion?

19 posts in this topic

Lately I have observed that when I meditate I became very uncertain about things and also I get confused a lot. Is it possible that meditation is causing this? If yes then how can I deal with it?

@Hardik jain Usually it is thus: a teacher gives you precise instruction how to meditate and alerts you to the possible faults and hindrances and when you experience difficulties you consult your teacher.

Please do not pay attention to my empty words if you are following Leo's teaching !!
Sometimes my empty words may appear too negative, too rational, too irrational, egoistical or even like trolling because my path is a non-path and is nothing but deviation and incompatible with all teachings known.

39 minutes ago, Hardik jain said:

Lately I have observed that when I meditate I became very uncertain about things and also I get confused a lot. Is it possible that meditation is causing this? If yes then how can I deal with it?

Yes, confusion definitely occurs but what kind of confusion are you talking about it?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Confusion arises when you stick on the Head, drop it into the Heart. Let the head get molded by the heart beats. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Rilles Confusion for example - I get confused if I should do exercise before meditation or is it okay to meditate without exercise or I get confused if I should breathing meditation or sitting still meditation and I can get to a conclusion at all. I remain uncertain and don’t get a solution at all and then I get frustrated about it. So I want to if this uncertainty about things is caused by meditation?

22 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

Confusion arises when you stick on the Head, drop it into the Heart. Let the head get molded by the heart beats. 

!!! I can't stress this enough. This is exactly what I had to find out yesterday.

My meditation went quite smooth for several weeks, the last few days though there was constant movement in my mind, I couldn't let go, I was so irritated by that. 

Yesterday I started focusing on the heart again. This cleared soooo much, since then my meditations became clearer again.
It really felt like being stuck up there in the head, kind of an endless game. With the mind alone letting go is not possible.

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

I feel like it is a kinda confusing thing in general. It's seems like my seeking is leading to a desire to find a certain golden key type thing but I feel like that is because some of the masters sound like they are claiming that certain things are like a golden key. Then there is the fact that some things are just confusing anyways like not thinking about not thinking or being aware that your are aware. Osho claims to have nailed things down. Mooji seems like he claims to have nailed it down. Other sources sound like they think they have nailed it down. Soooo what I seem to think about all this is that all these sources are referring to the same thing, but describing it in different ways.

lol..THese thoughts are pretty dam hard for me to describe so I wouldn't take it 100%, but not quite with just a lil grainy of salt either lol.

Edited by pluto8

Any mechanical activities such routined/habitual and control based activity(psychological evolution oriented) or (divided action) inherently causes confusion. 

The question is is this seen holistically as a fact and ended on the spot. 

Edited by Jack River

Kinda reminds be about religions lol. The part where I said all these sources are pointing to the same thing, but in different ways. Ya, that reminds me of religion. All these different religions thinking THEY are right.

Edited by pluto8

Otherwise a dude will find an addiction is born in the attempt to recapture again and again the moment of silence/space(the interval) between two time bound movements(the continuity of conflict). 

27 minutes ago, pluto8 said:

I feel like it is a kinda confusing thing in general. It's seems like my seeking is leading to a desire to find a certain golden key type thing but I feel like that is because some of the masters sound like they are claiming that certain things are like a golden key. Then there is the fact that some things are just confusing anyways like not thinking about not thinking or being aware that your are aware. Osho claims to have nailed things down. Mooji seems like he claims to have nailed it down. Other sources sound like they think they have nailed it down. Soooo what I seem to think about all this is that all these sources are referring to the same thing, but describing it in different ways.

lol..THese thoughts are pretty dam hard for me to describe so I wouldn't take it 100%, but not quite with just a lil grainy of salt either lol.

None of them have nailed shit, there is to much growth potential, anyone who says they have nailed it all is ignorant. 

Eternal/timeless space/silence (is not a product of cultivation/time. 

Habbits don’t bring about an ending to habitual causalty (thought/time).

Divison/Conflict/Confusion nourishment fosho. 

Edited by Jack River

13 minutes ago, purerogue said:

None of them have nailed shit, there is to much growth potential, anyone who says they have nailed it all is ignorant. 

So why do they say anything at all? You can go on youtube. THere are videos with sadhguru, books from Osho, satsangs with Mooji, talks/books with Terence Mckenna. See, terence mckenna on the other hand tho says nobody knows anything, but I think he maay be saying that in reference to religions. I'd have to double check. He says like, these people, they think they know a little something, these people a little something...non-sense, nOObody knows anything lol. :) to think that one man will lead us to the truth and save humanity or something is ludicrous. that's not actually what he said, but i think you get the point. lol.

Edited by pluto8
typos, plus added more

41 minutes ago, pluto8 said:

So why do they say anything at all? You can go on youtube. THere are videos with sadhguru, books from Osho, satsangs with Mooji, talks/books with Terence Mckenna. See, terence mckenna on the other hand tho says nobody knows anything, but I think he maay be saying that in reference to religions. I'd have to double check. He says like, these people, they think they know a little something, these people a little something...non-sense, nOObody knows anything lol. :) to think that one man will lead us to the truth and save humanity or something is ludicrous. that's not actually what he said, but i think you get the point. lol.

Show me Guru who knows everything, all they knows is that everything is perfect , how to get other people to such perspective, their understanding of what consciousness is and how to manipulate mind to some degree. 

3 minutes ago, purerogue said:

manipulate mind to some degree. 

Characteristics of a guru in guruland. :S

So all in all there is no golden key to the universe and these gurus and probs terence as well, n alan watts lol have not tapped into it?

What sort of experience/background does the person(on this forum) answering that question have?

Also I just want to add, that the idea of a golden key is just a metaphor. Or a name. Who knows what the implications are. Or who knows what the implications of the key are.

hmm..... The idea of a golden key is more complicated than meets the eye.

Edited by pluto8

On 2018-12-15 at 6:51 AM, Hardik jain said:

@Rilles Confusion for example - I get confused if I should do exercise before meditation or is it okay to meditate without exercise or I get confused if I should breathing meditation or sitting still meditation and I can get to a conclusion at all. I remain uncertain and don’t get a solution at all and then I get frustrated about it. So I want to if this uncertainty about things is caused by meditation?

This is not the type of confusion i thought you meant, this is you needing to be more decisive. Find a meditation thats natural for you, what happens naturally when you close your eyes? focus on that. ?

You could also just Do Nothing, sit down and watch what happens, confusion? Be aware. Agitation? Be aware. Am I aware? Be aware.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

11 hours ago, pluto8 said:

So all in all there is no golden key to the universe and these gurus and probs terence as well, n alan watts lol have not tapped into it?

Idk into what he tapped into , but he ended up a drunk, still all respect to the guy , he did wonderful things.