Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,819 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

It helps to be an arkie to understand this one.

What's an arkie? 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Ha,,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

An Arkie is one who recognizes beauty that should immediately bring all wars to a halt.

OK I guess I learned a new term ? I'm from Arkansas so I got excited for a second. But I agree beauty should halt all wars

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

Excuse me,

That was just my smartass improv

?

more beauty that’s capable of stoping the world and immediately humbling me ?

Heyy 1200+ posts .. already?? Man, you're doing a great job with the journal, keep it up!!

This morning's I CHING reading-

First hexagram -4 Youthful Folly with only line 4 changing to make a second hexagram 64 After Completion

Here is what my changing line said- pardon the sloppy photography

IMG_1351.JPG

It feels good to be crazy

It feels crazy to be good

My highest attainment can only be as a realized Idiot or perfect Idiot.

Only God can be unique Idiot. I appreciate your sentiments, though.

"Kiddo, it was a sad day in Mudville", said on older plainspoken man from southern Indiana to me years ago. In that, he was referring to the untimely death of his best friend's son. 

They bury the body of my old childhood friend today. He showed up in my world during the second grade. An implant into the local environment from California. Prominent forehead, dark red hair. Open, friendly and honest bluntness. He was an Aries and he had the look of a martial warrior.  Like me, he was destructive by nature but even more so. We entered adolescence as hellions. Terrorizers of wild game, destructive vandal's of barns and vacant structures while we were learning to manage our tobacco habits. All of us turned into drunks and were never the same again, in a way. We were tested and tempered by fire for our benefit though. A mutual friend of ours was killed in a car wreck our senior year. A quiet introverted shy kid you couldn't help but love. 

My old friend has spent the last 30 years grinding away at life until it suddenly came to an end here in this world a few nights ago. His life had become hard. 

He made many mistakes but in an ultimate sense I will never experience him as being wrong or bad.

Is it lonely in timeless eternity? Perhaps for some in that are caught in a dream, can experience that. I don't know. Maybe the greater truth is that in a larger frame of reference the question is seen to be as ridiculous. I hope so. We carry our loved ones in our hearts so they're always with us. Just how real can we make it?  Don't know,,, maybe we create suffering and futility in thinking that saying goodbye is a part of reality. I hold it as a possibility but I don't know that either.

It's not that often that I receive just one hexagram. This morning I just received one hexagram 29- The Abyss. I do receive this particular hexagram fairly often though.

@seeking_brilliance I have to have the clamps to hold the book together and taking pictures,,,

IMG_1352.JPG

IMG_1353.JPG

IMG_1355.JPG

I think that very often there is no one right answer for everyone because truth is often paradoxical. What is one mans food is another man's poison,,, This leaves it where we can have completely different answers to different life situations and that's just fine. We don't have to agree or

disagree or agree to disagree. At times I've found peace in being able to just have no opinion at all and that what created the most misery in my life was reaching conclusions.

If I need to make a decision, I'll do so but try not to identify with my decision in which it becomes more like a judgement. Thinking too much as well as making judgements are recipes for being miserable and confused. To practice becoming or  being stupid can yield spaciousness and to sit stupidly is a great meditation or a decent doorway into nonconceptual awareness.

I Don't believe in the Devil or any evil entity but things which appear evil are only things or situations born out of ignorance which is also the source of fear. I don't believe in beliefs and that any word that comes after I am is a a case of mistaken identity mostly because language is dualistic.

Awakened Conscience is the same in everyone and is how God makes choices. To add I believe or I know to the previous statement distorts it.

The degree of success that one has in culture is often an accurate measure of how lost they are and how distorted their perception is.

A very common psychological blind spot in humans is their tendency to feed on negative emotions and not realize it. Consider the evening news and most sitcoms as well as Christ saying "forgive them, they know not what they do" which also points at herd mentality.

One thing that Maurice Nicoll said that kind of disturbs me is that Jesus Christ never laughed because he had no negativity in his emotional center and laughter is created, Nicoll said,  when Impressions fall equally on the negative part and the positive part of the emotional center.

Maurice Nicoll did emphasize the importance of lightheartedness and this seems skewered when juxtaposed to His statement about Jesus never having laughed. I'm probably missing something.

Being lighthearted is a virtue. The capacity for suddenly acting silly is a form of lightheartedness. I'm terrible at math. Saints are eaters of suffering. Communicating in nonsequitor statements erodes self-importance and being too serious and in general, people are much too serious. I hypothesize that being over serious is derived from fear.

Therefore, become fearless as often as possible. This being a journal, I can write near anything if it's from authenticity, even if it may embarrass me to read it tomorrow. I'm not intoxicated but I suspect myself of being borderline manic at times. My point being, go wild and express yourselves. Color outside the lines,,, yet, try to be nice,,, 

This will set the stage for being brutally honest. See if you can catch yourself feeding on negativity of any kind and ponder deeply about that.

You have a beautiful heart my friend. :)

I very much relate to your thinking. 

@fridjonk  Thanks brother

I can’t paint or draw. Repurposing is my art form I enjoy besides expressing myself through writing.

E968E3FB-7A21-4A51-9A5B-CFA1B70D5077.jpeg

This crutch made a good rake handle. The extra leverage makes it good for working in thick brush.

In my last really bad anxiety spell I was advised to keep a diary or a journal but I was just unable to. My worst episodes of anxiety and depression was in my late teens and twenties. 

Here’s Jim’s mini-column for the week.

"My Primary Relationship Comes First"
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2020 Dr. Jim Rosen

When you feed your child and give him or her good nourishment and lots of love, your child thrives and grows.  The same is true of marriage and partnership, and indeed all love relationships.  When you feed it, when you nourish it, when you put lots of loving energy into it, your relationship can thrive and grow.  Of course, nourishment and your time and energy do not guarantee a successful relationship.  But without your time, your energy, your love, your sincere efforts to grow, it is guaranteed that the relationship will wither and die - even if the two of you choose to stay under the same roof.  The ones who make it, the ones who develop and maintain a healthy happy partnership, are the ones who adjust their attitude to “my primary relationship comes first.”  It’s an obvious message, a simple message.  Hardly could we say it’s profound.  It’s just that it’s true and needs your close attention.

Some may find this of interest.

http://www.primasounds.com/

Music that resonates with the Chakras.