Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,819 posts in this topic

2 from Gurdjieff-

"Happy is he who has a soul; Happy is he who has no soul, and woe and shit for those who are in between" 

"To know means to know all. Not to know all means not to know. In order to know all, it is only necessary to know a little. But, in order to know this little, it is first necessary to know pretty much."

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

IMG_0249.JPG

We're multifaceted or as Jean Houston put it, myriad minded.

Thursday is go to Walmart day.

Taking the zodiac as a general blueprint for the multifaceted individual soul seems like a natural fit. Being overweighted in one of the body Centers seems to often produce a "one dimensional" kind of individual. In hindsight I can apply that to myself. Actually, there are still elements of it otherwise I still wouldn't be doing 'the Work'. This out of balance condition could apply to the twelve as well to the three body centers.

These different energies, which may equate to sub personalities often don't know one another that well. To me, this Is a basis for our unintegrated multiplicity. Which is also where the divisions against oneself takes place, often unconsciously. It's a whole lot easier to see this in other people instead of oneself. The self we often take ourself to be is often just a little sliver of the wheel instead of the whole wheel which could represent our fuller potential laying dormant awaiting Actualization. The piece-of-pie-sliver could be the self we take ourself to be which we discover to be nothing but an empty concept of ourself. It's hard to let go of because the familiarity of our own subjectivity. No one is as familiar with others as they are with themselves. It's probably the birthplace of many of our false convictions. 

IMG_0451.JPG

The Keyserling wheel has about everything but a lavatory. It contains space and directions, time and elements thereof including the Zodiac, enneagram, I Ching, representation of atomic structure with mathematics, the four Jungian functions. If you knew how, you could probably put in a quarter, and get a bag of ice.

Self similarity over scales is a phrase used here often.

Implying the spatial realms of the microcosm, mesocosm, and macrocosm.

IMG_0457.JPG

About inhabiting the belly center, in regards to three centered awareness, Arnold Keyserling put it this way. The normal way of being for an ordinary person should contain the capacity for occupying the belly center in which you can embody something or completely disidentify from it. Otherwise, people become stuck inside their head and then they're just a poor bastard enmeshed in concepts. A 'poor bastard' being someone who has no inner silence. This has been me for most of my life.

His earthy way of putting it made bells go off inside me. If you have ever observed yourself as having this condition of being stuck in the head, you know what I'm talking about.

In regards to multiplicity, everyone is pretty much their own ship of fools, each of whom are trying to control the helm.

Aside from integration, in Christian Hermeticism, freeing of the guardian angel occurs when the heart is awakened and purified.

Looking at the Cosmos through the I-CHING. This same inner process allows assistance from the "helpers" who are defined as individualized aspects of the Cosmic Consciousness and of nature that are neither humans nor Angels.

Carol Anthony claimed that divination revealed to her that the identity of the "helpers" are what's known today as the phenomenon of "Orbs". ?‍♂️

Activation of the helpers can only happen when we are in harmony with the Cosmos. In that sense, subservience is just as detrimental as arrogance. The helpers are activated by one's contact with the harmony of the inner truth of one's True Self.

Returning to the vocabulary of Esoteric Christianity, I correlate this harmony as one being in contact with awakened Conscience.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

A couple of excepts and links to articles on the Strange Attractor 

IMG_0463.GIF

Most of us are still right left symmetrical because our left brain so totally dominates the right. We have to shift our emphasis from cosmos to chaos, from left brain dominance, to right brain balance. Then the right is not just an imitation of the left, it is different, unique. The entirely new vistas of data open up to us. The last symmetry is gone and the two asymmetrical sides can then cohere in a new singularity.

Right brain coherence comes through receptivity to the workings of the Strange attractors, to constrained chance. In the moments when this is realized, when we are in a coherent flow with the unpredictable turbulence of the World, we have attained the birthright of Man. We have realized the potential to self organize to a higher stage of evolution. As a whole being, in touch with both sides of ourself and others, we transcend the left-right animal symmetry. With two fully developed, yet distinctly different brains, we are autonomous, asymmetrical, truly free from outside manipulation. We have attained a higher inner coherence, a self organization in the midst of chaos. We surf the tidal wave of information – with comprehension, not fear. To animal man we seem like Strange attractors indeed. On the surface, and in the moment, our actions may appear haphazard and foolhardy, but over time the wisdom and beauty of the Human Man will be apparent to all. The beauty of the Information Age will shine!

Excerpt from: https://schoolofwisdom.com/fractal-wisdom/meaning-of-the-universe/

IMG_0462.GIF

God’s dice liberates us from the prison of determinism, the hopeless tedium of the cosmic clock and the inevitable death of entropy. We have instead an intelligent Universe, where ever new and evolving life forms thrive on Chaos, where negentropy creates higher order from decaying forms. The clock is not winding down as the second law of thermodynamics had thought, it is ever being created anew. God is back in the picture, not just as the creator of the machine who then left- the ghost in the machine – but as the Strange Attractor, the origin of inexplicable and unpredictable order from chance.

This is a new kind of order, a “fractal order,” based on a relatively few basic structural principals from which many transitory laws follow. The Laws of Wisdom we must learn for the journey to self realization are flexible, evolving. Like the common law, they are articulated afresh moment by moment, case by case.The laws are stable, but they do not stand still. Exactly how the basic principals will apply to form governing laws all depends upon the circumstances, the consciousness involved, the entities, the case.

The free will of the individual in connection with the infinite is now primary. All is not determined, everyone has a chance to decide their own fate. The philosophic implications of Chaos are positive and encouraging. The Universe is not a clock, its a game. Enjoy it!

excerpt from: https://schoolofwisdom.com/fractal-wisdom/benoit-b-mandelbrot/

On 1/5/2019 at 10:09 PM, Zigzag Idiot said:

Condensed Brief history of my Actualization unfoldment.

Sitting in the Nervous Hospital for alcoholism when I was nineteen. It was a dark night of the soul, kind of time. Suicidal, anxiety ridden, depressed, confused, shamed, etc.

When the Dianetics commercial with the volcano ran in my room about two days in a row,  I was BORN AGAIN! 

Growing up in the country, I never saw cable tv. to speak of. Just 1 CBS affiliate and 1 PBS station. 

Everything is grist for the mill in Inquiry. My ten years in Dianetics and Scientology were not wasted and actually laid the groundwork for Fourth Way inquiry.

We're all a multiplicity. Some way more than others.

Some Instinctive centered people embody whatever their doing. They can often have a natural ability for Immitating or mimicry. The other two types are the intellectual and emotional types.

Im an instinctive centered person as typified in Fourth Way work. It gets confusing because instinctive center is made up of three subcenters which make very different looking instinctive types. 

Scientology called being in a "valence" that condition where we pretend to be someone else. It can be very subtle or it can be very obvious and embarrassing to everyone around. But only because mechanical behavior makes it that way. The 'actor' can awaken and then after his face cools off, things are better. Observing Valences in myself and also in others laid the groundwork for understanding in part, the reality of everyone being a multiplicity according to the Gurdjieff Work.

The irony of Scientology,,,, I don't want to get into judgement over Scientology so I'm keeping it sparse.

Also conceptualizing myself as a Thetan, (basically a soul, who possesses a body) put me in the direction of becoming the watcher or the witness that I read in Eckhart  Tolle's PON later on which meshes with esoteric Christianity.

This gets me to about 30 years old in late 90's.

im going to add on in edits. Some time I will return to adolescent period and put together 'puzzle pieces' of my arrested psychological development.

I'm pasting a part of a post I made in another Jounal yesterday which summarizes well enough for now, my early disfunction. Completing this short biographical summary.

I'm 51 years old but I stunted my personality development as an adolescent due to drug and alcohol abuse. I was almost completely socially dysfunctional for about 18 months around age 20. The salvaged personality I ended up with in my 20's couldn't relax enough to be myself. This just compounded my natural weirdness and made me a disaster at meeting women. As a result, I ended up cynical and hating women for a long time for being objects of desire, that I could not have. This just created a self fulfilling negative feedback loop. This has been healed, though.

Focusing on context this morning more than content and particulars. Resting in the peripheral vision instead of direct/predator vision, as practice. Open and spacious. Feeling rather than thinking. Being rather than doing.

Aligning The Ladder of Reason with Spiral Dynamics and The Law of Octaves

Perfect Idiot

Master Idiot.                             Coral.                                  Do

Polyhedral Idiot

Genial Idiot

Patented Idiot.                        Turquoise SD.                      Ti

Authentic Idiot

Swaggering Idiot

Doubting Idiot.                       Yellow                                    La

Enlightened Idiot

Zigzag Idiot

Round Idiot.                              Green                                  Sol

Square Idiot

Squirming Idiot.                         Orange.                              Fa

Compassionate Idiot.                Blue.                                   Mi

Hopeless Idiot.                           Red.                                    Re

Arch Idiot

Super Idiot.                                   ?                                        Do

Ordinary Idiot

IMG_0242.JPG

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

Working with divided attention is crucial for developing Witness Consciousness. 

Directed attention      - Kings.         - intellectual center

Drawn  attention         - Queens.     - emotional  center

Dispersed attention    - Jacks.        - instinctive center

There are a handful of categories of attention itself. Is all of your attention gathered up and directed by your will? Or is your attention drawn from one thing of interest to another, maybe sometimes becoming dispersed in trying to handle the flow of the chaotic world? The metaphor of having ones own hermetically sealed atmosphere, that Maurice Nicoll uses, extends to the width of the outstretched arms according to the Shamans of Nagualism, descibed by them as the luminous egg (aura) that seers can see. Having inner quiet means your atmosphere is not polluted by anything outside of it. Just a clean atmosphere that is still and quiet. There can be inner stillness as well even if the barn is on fire.

The first step is gathering up all of your attention and then use some kind of concentration practice for maintaining an ability to direct your attention instead of letting it become dispersed or by way of the emotional center, drawn away by some allurement in which there is passion that causes Self forgetting.The capacity to divide the attention to the degree that you're  separated from your thoughts and emotions enough to observe them. Presto, Witness Consciousness.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

To me, skillful means is about the ability to connect with others at a level deeper than words by the use of words. Maybe the ability to console others without them feeling like they're being talked down to but instead as equals, as a friend who is simply saying, " I hear you" or "you're speaking from a place I recognize". There is a fair amount of misunderstandings in the forums. Because of the human condition, it's hard for it to be another way. This kind of friction and misunderstanding in itself, though, can be used as a reminding factor if one tries. A good deal of the time it seems like projections from the ones being spoken to are often the cause for the appearance of this confusion but for the most part it is the lack of skillful means in reaching out or connecting to others which manifests as a 'know it all' or some version of arrogance from the perspective of those being addressed.

"Meeting others where you find them" is a term used by Ken Wilbur about skillful means which correlates with recognizing where someone is at in the Spiral Dynamics model and speaking from the level of that perspective. Wilbur also suggests speaking at about a half of a spiral level beyond the other at times to help lead them a little 'higher' in terms of the SD model.

There are those in the forum who can run circles around me intellectually but on the other hand, I can often see right through some of their bullshit because of lack of integration. So, in a sense, Being can trump intelligence. Of the many 'lines of development', most everyone has a strong suit or genius in which they can see completely through some parts of everyone else.

Today may be wonderful or it may be a shit show. In being, separate from ego/personality, I can recognize where you are speaking from. In that sense, I am you. It doesn't define who you are or who I am. It's just an experience of temporary perspective and simply letting others know that they are heard is often all that's needed.

We don't need the seemingly ever present "don't shit on a mad rattlesnake type of advice", but when we get it or see others getting it, the inner friction can be used as reminding factor for the deeper transrational part of oneself that is beyond competition. We can let go and become something larger than simply a reaction to others mechanicalness.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki Good video! Thanks. I like shorter videos like this one that packs a lot into just a few minutes. I'll go check out The School Of Life and see what else they have.

I watched a Martin Butler video a little earlier. It's about 20 minutes so for those with a busy day, it may be one to skip over. But for those who have the time and are fairly new to doing Inquiry and are interested, he has quite a few useful things to say.

I read everyone's Journal and try to watch all the videos that get posted even if it's just a song or music video. Especially if it's someone who rarely posts videos. Just sayin,,,,

In Martin Butler's Out of Control podcast, I thought his almost cynical mocking of being positive was a bit too much. I don't think his intention was to mock but rather to contrast a subtlety between true authenticity and imagined authenticity. To put it another way, in being only positive we end up actually repressing a part of our nature which invites in the pendulum of duality or ego backlash. The Work teaches not to express negative emotions which means to just sit with it and own it and in a metaphorical sense - to eat this energy and not reactively give expression to it. The less reactive we become over time, the more impartial we are. This greater degree of impartiality becomes an entry into nondual Consciousness. 

Nondual Consciousness = Being = Love with a big L.

Passionate debate in the forum over Jordan Peterson. Here's my very condensed 2 cents,,,

Jordan Peterson's whole world view seems to be based on reaction to the recently labeled mean green liberal democrats. I understand it in part because I'm surrounded by people who think like him. The Hillary haters,,,, I was one of them years ago. Being from Arkansas, I've observed the Clintons since the late seventies. I see Hillary in part as a product of her generation. She has that phony meet the public face that was born very much out of necessity coming of age in the  South of the 60's and 70's. What's funny is that I'm around several orange worldview women who hate her but act exactly like she does with the whole 'put on your public face' kind of thing. We live in a totally different world now but the conditioning of her personality was set in that previous time. People like Peterson are unable to understand the split in Hillary's persona and so stay fixed in a place which can only demonize her. A coincidental misfortune is the complete lack of common sense that seems to be a part of the green learning curve as it has manifested in the last 40 years. 

In my view, yellow comes about when greens regain common sense which is often abandoned in embracing greater compassion. One factor in Trump getting elected and people like Peterson seeing things the way they do is a skewed understanding of Green but mostly in part because of this 'Green shadow' of abandoning common sense. Peterson and to a much worse degree, Trump exploit this stereotype of the eternally liberal hippie with their liberal arts education,,,, do- gooderism,, no common sense tax and spend,, self righteous,,, blah, blah blah,,. Although people like this still exist, there are others who have grown beyond but Peterson and those like him just refuse to acknowledge this. Thus they perpetuate this old stereotype which in a world  with a shrinking middle class seems to provide the answer (and scapegoat) to the misery and decline of living standard that has come about ironically from the unrealized misguidedness of trickle down conservative economics.

The real giveaway for understanding Peterson is seeing his underlying negativity and how it creates a circular logic that seems on the surface very reasonable. He is also unable to detect the Hillary who has grown but can only relax and be herself when the Cameras are off,,,

Edited by Zigzag Idiot
Two sentences at the end

Everyone has a psychological blindspot. Leo's credibility with me went up times 10 when he expressed in a video that everyone as well as he himself has a blindspot.

The enneagram is a great tool for determining one's own blind spot.

My blindspot is connected with point 6 - FearIMG_0120.JPG

The Enneagram of Holy Ideas

IMG_0470.JPG

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/enneagram-holy-ideas

The Enneagram of specific delusions

IMG_0467.JPG

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/enneagram-specific-delusions

The Enneagram of Specific Difficulties

IMG_0469.JPG

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/enneagram-specific-difficulties

The Enneagram of Specific Reactions

IMG_0468.JPG

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/enneagram-specific-reactions

?‍♀️???     ?????

????                          ????   

? ?♨️

♨️⁉️

❌??⁉️

❌

?????? ?

Pains can be taken to write of one's experience without using the word "I".  It's also understood that whenever I use the word I, technically I'm a liar because there is no individual I, but rather a multitude. But on the other hand, communicating is the main point and so I will continue to use the word I just as many times as what feels natural.  Putting this in print, in the Journal will allow me to freely express and not neuroticly 'inner consider' the next time I load a Journal post up with many uses of "I". 

So, I declare myself to be slightly more of a liar than a hypocrite, and carry on.  

Now I declare the capacity for expressing Individuality which is not a separate self but rather understanding. Our individuality is our understanding. This kind of understanding is like Cosmic soup mix.

How can I declare my multiplicity and simultaneously declare expression of Individuality? 

In the Reason that we're two natured beings having both a 'planetary' physical body and an Astral body, some call an energy body. My animal is a combination of my Automaton and my ego. Where multiplicity comes from. 

Understanding becomes more available to relate the clearer the connection is with Astral body. Negativity causes the biggest distortion in having better contact with the Astral body.  I'm a better tuner/receiver of vibrations as more and more shadow gets processed and more integration occurs. Habitual and conditioned, mechanical or 'autopilot' negativity takes time to transform and this is in everyone.

You wouldn't believe some of the things you can find in the urtext. The urtext is absolutely everything Jesus communicated through the channel Helen Schumann. This included channeling sessions required for correcting for misinterpretations from earlier channeling sessions. The official Course in Miracles Book has a lot left out. Most of which for a good purpose like eliminating redundancies.

I've stated earlier in the Joural my study of ACIM. I've not read much in it in the last couple of months. Looking for a relevant quote for the topic I started in the forum - What is Love? I found this section which I cant remember ever reading. 

I hauled more out than I intended so I thought I would park it here for a good example of the 'urtext'. This is Jesus mansplaining things to Helen and Bill about the ego in which he makes a reference to Freud's interpretation of one thing in particular.  Elsewhere in the text in the past, I've read where Jesus mentions a couple of things related to Carl Jung. These things I hold as true but still really in the "as if" category, if that makes any sense.

Love without Conflict

(December 27, 1965)

When Helen reads this to you, Bill, try to listen very carefully. You have never understood what "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you" means. The reason you cannot understand it is because it is NOT understandable to the ego, which interprets it as if something outside is inside, which does not mean anything. The word "within" does not belong. The Kingdom of Heaven IS you.

What else BUT you did the Creator create, and what else but you IS His Kingdom? This is the whole message of the Atonement, a message which in its totality transcends the sum of its parts which we have covered before. Christmas is not a time; it is a state of mind. The Christ Mind wills from the Soul, not from the Ego, and the Christ Mind IS yours.

You, too, have a Kingdom which your Soul has created. It has not ceased to create because your ego has set you on the road of perception. Your Soul's creations are no more fatherless than you are. Your ego and your Soul will never be co-creators, but your Soul and YOUR Creator will ALWAYS be. Be confident that your creations are as safe as you are. The Kingdom is perfectly united and perfectly protected, and the ego will not prevail against it. Amen.

That was written in that form because it is a good thing to use as a kind of prayer in moments of temptation. It is a declaration of independence. You will both find it very helpful if you understand it fully. 

In its characteristic upside-down way, the ego has taken the impulses from the superconscious and perceives them as if they arise in the unconscious. The ego judges what is to be accepted, and the impulses from the superconscious are unacceptable to it, because they clearly point to the non-existence of the ego itself. The ego therefore experiences threat, and not only censors but also reinterprets the data. However, as Freud very correctly pointed out what you do not perceive you still know, and it can retain a very active life BEYOND your awareness.,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,You who identify with your egos cannot believe that God loves you. YOU do not love what you have made, and what you have made does not love you. Being made out of the denial of the Father, the ego has no allegiance to its own Maker. You cannot conceive of the real relationship that exists between God and His Souls, because of the hatred you have for the Self you have made. You project onto your own idea of yourself the will to separate, which conflicts with the love you also feel for what you have made because you made it.

No human love is without this ambivalence, and since no ego has experienced love WITHOUT ambivalence, the concept is beyond its understanding. Love will enter immediately into any mind which truly wants it, but it MUST want it truly. This means that it wants it WITHOUT ambivalence, and this kind of wanting is wholly without the ego's "drive to get."

There is a kind of experience that is so different from anything the ego can offer that you will never recover. The word is used quite literally here, - you will never be able to hide again. It is necessary to repeat that your belief in darkness and in hiding IS why the light cannot enter.

The Bible has many references to the immeasurable gifts which are for you, but for which YOU must ask. This is not the condition as the ego sets conditions. It is the glorious condition of what you ARE. No force except your own will is strong enough or worthy enough to guide you. In this you are as free as God, and must remain so forever.

The above is just a small portion from this page.

Link to urtext webpage http://a.courseinmiracles.com/urtext/chapter-4/section_4.php#gsc.tab=0