Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,819 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2019 at 6:56 PM, Karla said:

I wonder if this has some bearing... Beyond personality type too.

Absolutely, if you warm up to the theory. 

About personality, Ken Wilbur said, "It's a bad case of mistaken identity."

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

On 2/2/2019 at 6:47 PM, Karla said:

@Zigzag Idiot oh no. Everyone is sick around me as well but with some type of sinus virus. 

I seemed to have escaped thus far.

Feel better soon.

Thanks Karla,

it ran its course pretty quick.

Today my consciousness was unsteady in Itoklanoz awareness. I mangaged to consult the ICHING and do a couple of 20 minute sitting, though. Yesterday's stomach virus sickness was intence  and strange. Just laying down was exhausting. Sitting up took a concentrated huge effort. Standing up was almost out of the question. It felt like gravity was suddenly turned up 10 times. The physical suffering triggered some lower emotions in my shadow. This resulted in me dropping a shit bomb in the middle of the overall family dynamics, today. Speaking my "truth". I got triggered while hurting and confused. Sometimes I eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats me.,,,,

In Fulasnitamnian Awareness, it doesn't matter. Things will grow and heal from the destruction. It may benefit my life situation or worsen it. It doesn't matter. Fulasnitamnian Awareness is three centered awareness. Itoklanoz awareness is two centered awareness or the awareness of the spiritually asleep. What matters is spending more time in Fulasnitamnian Awareness. It's only there I'm capable of really doing greater good for family and others.

@1:44:00 in Leo's new video- mentions levels of Consciousness

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

In his last video, Leo makes a good argument for practicing Kriya yoga. Although I practice meditation and Inquiry, I'm seeing resistance in myself for taking up Kriya yoga and this is producing some self conflict. I'm just trying to let it be and observe it for now.

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

@Zigzag Idiot Yea I sometimes have that resistance too around Kriya but I definitely feel so good throughout my day when I am practicing. Odd.

Glad you are feeling better?

At the very end Wilbur refers to a psychotherapist who was in a position to note that a lot of 'borderline' individuals were drawn to Buddhism to rationalize their states. But this ended up making them worse off. 

That sounds like a recipe for creating a Zen devils,,,,? No?

The heart of inquiry

,,,,,,If we observe that our mind wanders and that this causes us to forget about trying to be aware of ourselves in our surroundings, we can make experiments specifically on this condition and see what diminishes it, and what aggravates it. Here too it is important to keep things simple and practical. We may find, for example, that we don't maintain a continuous awareness of our existence with the music blaring or the TV on, while we have better luck when walking down Main Street or weeding the garden. We may not do as well when lying in bed or drinking beer in the easy chair but better sitting in a hard chair or in an unaccustomed position. Or vice-versa. There is no end to the small experiments we can make and, in time, these experiments may produce a nucleus of tools we can use to keep our mind from wandering the way it did when we first set out to control awareness. ,,,,,,,

,,,,,,We need to find others with a working knowledge of this work in order to progress. Working in common with others from the point of view of the work is the only way I know of to see certain aspects of ourselves that we simply cannot arrive at alone. All the more so because we think we can. But we must not become persuaded, convinced, or hypnotized by others. We must actually learn and see a great deal about ourselves, all made possible by this new knowledge applied in fruitful and unbiased group work.,,,,,

From : http://www.rahul.net/raithel/otfw/newconsciousness.html

Had a really low energy day. Stayed up too late last night after being so sick ?over the weekend.

Managed to do my two 20 minute sitting meditations. 

Gave myself permission to be lazy and recuperate. 

IMG_0262.JPG

On 1/29/2019 at 0:38 PM, Zigzag Idiot said:

Attempt at a Crushed Analysis in reclaiming our 'Red' energy.

Awakened Conscience is not the same as Acquired Conscience with its ideas of morality which changes from culture to culture.

We need all our energy for doing Inquiry. This means becoming Boss/manager of our sex energy. A sign that your not boss is if you feel shame connected with any part of your sex life. Which is a sign of active super ego. Super ego is directly in the way for nearly everyone in reaching and hearing the voice of Conscience, ironically. Super ego is the internal critical voice of our caregivers, usually one parent,, more than another. Religious upbringing with a lot of shame really adds to this conditioning in us in a way that's difficult to get free of as adults. Overcoming super ego involves processing and integrating any shadow in our sex life responsible for shame.

Overcoming super ego means befriending our Parents at a higher level than the permanent part time child who was still under the control of the super ego. 

An enormous amount of vital energy and attention is then reclaimed. This is often times considered one of the first things to go after in Inquiry and work on self.

How do we reach Awakened Conscience? By processing repressed negativity AND integration of shadow in becoming shameless boss/manager of one's sex energy, as a starter. Any traumas or humiliations need to have observational light put on them and eventually sorted out. Only for yourself. A part of this process is you decide what's right for you with your feelings, and not with your inner critic. Our heart helps us connect with the intelligence of Conscience when we become completely sincere and curious. 

We all have repressed negativity. We can do pretty good while sitting in a peaceful environment but if someone hits us in the face with a shovel, things go to a different level of difficulty. 

It seems women catch a double dose of conditioning apart from super ego in the automatic judgements and dictates of the cultural ego, most of which is born out of Patriarchal notions. Men have their uphill battle too in having on average at least 10 times the amount of testosterone than women. One reason why men are often just a slave to their penis.

Expressing negative emotions rob energy in general.

Shame, specifically robs vital energy in dividing us against ourselves.

Ran across this sampler of Ken Wilbur 10 CD set interview with Tami Simon which I bought right after it came out in the early 2000's. In other parts of the interview he talks quite a bit about Witness Consciousness,,,, great collection,,,

It kinda goes with this post I made a week ago,,,

Not only very readable but entertaining as well. 

IMG_0307.JPG

Latest of Leo's videos that I watched. I'll watch this one again.

He stresses the scope of self-deception. Also the need to not judge others as bad or express negative emotions.

I've taken to copying my posts onto my browser for insurance because I take forever sometimes correcting mistakes in what I put down is influenced by subtle imagination. Hiding faults or making myself sound more courageous than I am. That sort of thing. Wanting to make a good impression is lying! 

A lot of you will never believe the multilayered-ness to imagination and it's influence. Leo stresses this also.

I wrote in the "dark night" club" topic about my Kundalini experiences 15 years ago and yet, I'm here. Jana Dixon makes good arguments about doing the right things to have a clean fast hot alchemical burn. I loved reading about it but ended up doing a lot of things wrong. This resulted in an incomplete burn. There's even evidence and arguments that I'm still having Kundalini episodes. 

What's interesting is in Leo's approach, I can see the rationale that his multifaceted approach has the potential to yield benefits faster than ever. Several months instead of several years,,,, potentially.

I think 5 meo dmt and Kriya yoga are in my future.

There is enlightenment/awakening but then there is also being realized or realization of being. There seems to be many degrees to each of these. Not only many degrees but also different qualities of being.

Realization of Essence or Essential ontological aspects of being.

Anyone pitch in a question or comment if moved to.

When that picture was taken in the corner, I was in my belly center then. By the time I was in my teens I had gave up my groundedness and was neurotic with a lot of internal dialogue from then until my mid thirties. Existing overweighted in my thinking and heart center. 2 Centered Awareness. 

In the last two years, I've discovered territory I had abandoned early in life in my belly center. Traumas just do that. We lose some basic trust in the world with each Trauma we experience. It's a feeling of groundedness. Sitting Bull energy I think of it.

As near always I have an Almaas quote. It's about how surrender is connected to will which is a function of the belly or instinctive center.

Functioning of the Essential Self in the Belly Center

Yes, usually the belly center has to do with embodiment, with the capacity to sense oneself. However, the belly center is also the will center. In a sense, the ultimate function of the will is to surrender to what happens, surrender to the now. And surrender to the now means not to hold on to something. The true function of the will is complete surrender to what’s happening without holding on. That is will. The essential self, like all essential aspects, can function in any of the subtle centers. When one is being the essential self its location is usually the heart center. However, when the essential self is functioning in relation to identifying or disidentifying from any content of experience, it becomes associated with the belly center. The essential self is more like a potential for experience, and it also manifests as a capacity for identification. One of the results of that capacity for identification is embodiment. Embodying something means you are identified with what’s happening. An essential state is present. You are embodying it if you are it. The true self has the capacity to identify with something you are experiencing, but it doesn’t have to. It has a choice; it has the freedom. 

Diamond Heart Book Three, pg. 79

Different endocrine types

Mooji - Venusian

Deepak Chopra - Venus- Mercury

Kevin Hart, Jimmy Fallon, Joel Olsteen , Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez- Mercury 

Teal Swan, Mercury-Saturn

Ken Wilbur, Abraham Lincoln  - Saturn

Eckhart Tolle, Gaganji, Gurdjieff, Chogum Trunga- mars

Yogananda, Teddy Roosevelt, Dom Deloise -Jupiter

Bringing all three of my centers online puts me into Being, as opposed to 'narrative consciousness', with its intermittent internal dialogue. This is what I have to do every morning. It usually happens by the time I finish morning Centering Prayer. That felt condition of straight elongated posture (suspended by a string) sensation and of chi flowing,,,,, That's it.

Successful Centering Prayer involves cessation of thought in gaps described as "objectless awareness" or "non-conceptual awareness". These gaps vary in length of time. From just a few seconds to a few minutes. The deeper and more connected with this condition of objectless awareness results in the familiar subtle forehead throb. Also the sound of crickets. Yeah, I know that sounds weird but I'll post a website below that elaborates on this. This developed a little over a year ago. It varies in intensity from just a very faint whine to at times, a "full bore" chorus that sounds just like setting outside in the southern U.S. on a hot summer night.

It just interesting to me how the state of objectless awareness is connected to the sixth chakra phenomena and also this sound of crickets.

This phenomena of hearing crickets has been with me most every day for over a year now. It varies in intensity, sometimes seeming absurdly loud for hours at a time. It is not disturbing at all though.

http://humanityhealing.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/The-Cerebellum-and-the-Alta-Major.pdf

Edited by Zigzag Idiot
Correct some wording

Watched Understanding Absolute Infinity and understand why so many have said they really liked it.

The Moon Cannot Be Stolen

Ryokan, a Zen master, lived the simplest kind of life in a little hut at the foot of a mountain. One evening a thief visited the hut only to discover there was nothing in it to steal.

Ryokan returned and caught him, "You may have come a long way to visit me," he told the prowler, "and you should not return empty-handed. Please take my clothes as a gift."

The thief was bewildered. He took the clothes and slunk away.

Ryokan sat naked, watching the moon. "Poor fellow," he mused, "I wish I could give him this beautiful moon."

One difference between 1st and 2nd tier SD is 1st tier is motivated by 'deficiency needs' and 2nd tier is motivated by 'being needs' as Ken Wilbur phrased it. Motivation for 'Being needs' is working because of a selfish fulfillment. Not selfish in the sense of stingy or narcissistically self absorbed but as in deeply inspired. 

Two usages for personality -

A part of us will die in the sense that we realize that our personalities are just constructs. In the Work, personality is synonymous with ego which is a false self based on internalized images. 

I was thinking about Realized Individuals who have little to no personality. That is, personality as it's usually used in the world.  

Echart Tolle                                                  AH Almaas

IMG_0312.JPG       IMG_0311.JPG     IMG_0310.JPG

Larry McMurtry 

Maurice Nicoll - THE FEELING OF NOTHINGNESS 

“When the Work says that a man must come to realize his own nothingness before he can be re-born, it does not mean that he must humble himself and so on, but that he must by long self-observation actually begin to realize that he is nothing and that there is no such person as himself. The object of this is to get into a position, psycho- logically speaking, between the opposites...Why is it so important
to get somewhere into the centre of the pendulum and not swing to and fro? Because here, between the opposites, lie all the possibilities of growth. Here influences from higher levels can reach us. Here, in this place where one can feel one’s own nothingness (and where one is therefore free from contradictions), influences and meanings com- ing from higher centres, which have no contradictions, can be felt. Not regarding yourself as good or bad, not priding yourself on being just or otherwise, not thinking you are well-treated or badly-treated, not being caught by either movement through identifying, you come into this mid-position. This is not easy! With personality active, it is impossible.

EJ Gold seems like a rarity in the Work. He's an extroverted Jovial type. A big lively personality,,,

IMG_0313.JPG

Edited by Zigzag Idiot
Two usages for personality

Fourth Way - Sevenfold typology of Humans and the Ray of Creation

IMG_0111.PNG

Humans types one, two, three are spiritually asleep with one center heavily dominating the other two.

Human type four is awakened and centers are balanced. Has compassion.

Human type 5 has continuity of consciousness; personality transforms into Pearl beyond Price, embodiment of personal essence - the second initiation is encountered, which is the expression of the individuality-data which is in the causal body.

IMG_0109.GIF

Edited by Zigzag Idiot