Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,819 posts in this topic

One thing I didn't mention in my mini book report that buried in Beelzebub's Tales To His Grandson is the notion that the Earth is a conscious being that has an Astral body. 

Its a shame if we don't utilize our chakras/energy centers to Actualize our potentials.  

If Earth is a Being, I guess we are like Cosmic dog ticks.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

My Meditation practice  (Centering  Prayer) you could almost say uses a mantra in reverse. One ponders and chooses a one or two syllable word for this purpose. During meditation, when you catch yourself thinking,,,, bring in the word. Said internally with intention of being an open empty vessel, stillness can come back in. It's a really simple process for building longer durations of objectless awareness or non conceptual awareness.  

Sometimes I look at cultivating and experiencing objectless awareness as a medicine for being in the world. Arriving at objectless awareness either through Zazen or Centering Prayer produces the same result ,doesn't it? This same capacity strenthens the ability to stay in witness Consciousness more when out among the unexpected occasions and stresses in the world. Or it seems that way to me.

I'm an Idiot. That's why I try out the maps and hypothesis of great thinkers and mystics and who have came before me. Like Claudio Naranjo. And others. The more the better. And this has nothing to do with belief but understanding and verifying everything for oneself through Inquiry and discriminating awareness.

His most recent book (2010), Healing Civilization: Bringing Personal Transformation into the Societal Realm through Education and the Integration of the Intra-Psychic Family, is both a continuation of and a turning point in Naranjo's lifelong work. For in this book, which has a foreword by Jean Houston, Naranjo explores what he sees as the root cause of the destruction of human civilization (as evidenced in the 2000s (decade) as war, violence, oppression of women, child abuse, environmental endangerment, etc.)—patriarchy—and brings both the problem and the solution home to an intra-psychic level. Patriarchy, he says, has taken root over millennia in the workings of our own conditioned minds.[citation needed] He also offers a remedy, which derives from the work of Tótila Albert regarding the "triune" being of our nature: the "Inner Father" (corresponding to the head), the "Inner Mother" (corresponding to the heart), and the "Inner Child" (corresponding to the instincts). As people learn to integrate these three "brains", Naranjo believes, they may bring about a functional, even divine, family within. And this, he believes, in addition to transforming education oriented to personal and collective evolution, could bring about the healing of civilization.[citation needed] In the Watkins' Mind Body Spirit Magazine he was listed as one of the 100 Most Spiritually Influential Living People of 2012.[7]

From Wikipedia 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudio_Naranjo

Claudio Naranjo was one of A.H. Almaas's Teachers.

Stabilizing the Realization of Presence

I am clarifying the relationship between our central practices of inquiry and nondoing from the perspective of totality. How do we practice nondoing? Isn't that doing something? How can inquiring be nondoing? Exploring the paradox of nondoing brings us closer to how reality actually works. Nondoing supports the practice of inquiry by emphasizing beingness, presence, and noninterference. Inquiry develops the discriminating intelligence of Being and integrates that into our process. At some point, our inquiry can engage our process without interfering with our experience, and our nondoing can attain the dynamic intelligence of Being in service of discerning what is true. The practice of inquiry is actively engaged because we are engaged with life. We are living and we are active, and part of our living is the engaged practice of inquiry. Inquiry doesn’t mean that we are always asking ourselves questions. It doesn’t mean that we are always sitting around thinking. Inquiry is the natural and spontaneous flow of our interest in life. When something is not understood, a spontaneous movement and inquiry arises that may not even be formulated as a question. All we know is that something is not understood and, after a while, there is a revelation or a further discernment. The stillness and quietness of our concentration practice helps stabilize the condition of nondoing, which is the base of the practice of inquiry. Concentration and nondoing support and stabilize the realization of presence, the realization of true nature. Inquiry helps to discriminate and integrate this realization as well as to develop it and open it to further possibilities, which are partly a response to our life and its circumstances.

Runaway Realization, pg. 135

Who am I?

Where am I?

To let go of my personal history is to walk out of a prison.

Not an easy thing. Working on myself requires continual effort because I/We forget.

It means beginning again, thousands of times. Encountering elements in shadow work which send me into reaction and forgetting requires self forgiveness. To 'sit with' something difficult is to eat and digest it's energy. A saying in the Work is that - sometimes I eat the bear and sometimes, the bear eats me. 

Forgiving myself is practice for forgiving others.

Forgiving others is practice for forgiving myself.

Red Hawk - "Apology and forgiveness are acts of Conscience. These are the acts which clear Conscience and allow it to grow. They feed Conscience. What gets fed, grows-that is the law. Apology and forgiveness are sacrificial acts, done in the service of something higher and finer, something which cannot be named but may be sensed, felt, and experienced. A real man, a human being, is known by his reactions. He is known not by what others say about him, but what he says about others. He is known by his acts of kindness and humility. He is known by his ability to apologize and forgive. This is how non-judgmental love manifests in reality. The conscious management of the survival instinct is the practice of a lifetime. It never ends. It comes to me as a result of remorse and fear of hurting others, which have brought about the aim of kindness in me."

From Narrative Consciousness to Witness Consciousness 

IMG_0251.JPG

Witness Consciousness

IMG_0254.PNG     Nothing is wrong. No self criticism.

If I am in witness consciousness and I identify as being in witness consciousness then I'm automatically back in duality.

“The repetitive motion of finding oneself through Identification (even true and worthy descriptions) keeps the being energy just below the critical velocity needed to escape the gravitational field of narrative selfhood.” - Cynthia Bourgeault 

IMG_0255.PNG         Nothing is wrong,,,,,

Besides daily meditation 

Incorporating the sightless gaze after straightening my posture works well for me sometimes in initiating a drop into witness consciousness. 

Sightless Gaze - one attends to ones total visual field as one diffuse, panoramic field of light, taking in everything without identifying or labelling the impressions as things or actions, good or bad, pleasant or unpleasant.

B98D86F6-457B-438B-9012-8119DF16D322-2645-000004903A609A4A.jpg

From Human Types -
,,,,When we are able to recognize types and predict the characteristic reactions, we find that this information is liberating, both as it applies to ourselves and as it helps us to understand others. Once we know that virtually all limitations, weakness and shortcomings are not things for which we can be blamed, most of us feel the lifting of guilt that we have carried for most of our lives. If we are Lunars we cannot be outgoing and emotionally demonstrative, no matter how much others urge us to be and how much we may want to please them. If we are Saturns we cannot stop trying to control others--- always for their own good--- no matter how strenuously they object. If we are Venusians we cannot be aggressively ambitious no matter how much our mothers want us to be and how much we may love our mothers. If we are an emotionally centered mercurial and find it impossible to engage in repetitive tasks day after day, word processing in an isolated cubicle, or putting shingles on roofs, then we should begin to understand how hard it is for a moving centered Martial to experience his own emotions, much less express them effectively. ,,,,,

Im a Saturn/Mars adrenal type.

When each of the essence/body types or mixture there Of attain the Pearl Beyond Price, they will all be different.

Attempt at a Crushed Analysis in reclaiming our 'Red' energy.

Awakened Conscience is not the same as Acquired Conscience with its ideas of morality which changes from culture to culture.

We need all our energy for doing Inquiry. This means becoming Boss/manager of our sex energy. A sign that your not boss is if you feel shame connected with any part of your sex life. Which is a sign of active super ego. Super ego is directly in the way for nearly everyone in reaching and hearing the voice of Conscience, ironically. Super ego is the internal critical voice of our caregivers, usually one parent,, more than another. Religious upbringing with a lot of shame really adds to this conditioning in us in a way that's difficult to get free of as adults. Overcoming super ego involves processing and integrating any shadow in our sex life responsible for shame.

Overcoming super ego means befriending our Parents at a higher level than the permanent part time child who was still under the control of the super ego. 

An enormous amount of vital energy and attention is then reclaimed. This is often times considered one of the first things to go after in Inquiry and work on self.

How do we reach Awakened Conscience? By processing repressed negativity AND integration of shadow in becoming shameless boss/manager of one's sex energy, as a starter. Any traumas or humiliations need to have observational light put on them and eventually sorted out. Only for yourself. A part of this process is you decide what's right for you with your feelings, and not with your inner critic. Our heart helps us connect with the intelligence of Conscience when we become completely sincere and curious. 

We all have repressed negativity. We can do pretty good while sitting in a peaceful environment but if someone hits us in the face with a shovel, things go to a different level of difficulty. 

It seems women catch a double dose of conditioning apart from super ego in the automatic judgements and dictates of the cultural ego, most of which is born out of Patriarchal notions. Men have their uphill battle too in having on average at least 10 times the amount of testosterone than women. One reason why men are often just a slave to their penis.

Expressing negative emotions rob energy in general.

Shame, specifically robs vital energy in dividing us against ourselves.

Meyers Briggs personality types      16

Astrology.                     12

enneagram personality types.       12

Essence or body types.                 7

Center of gravity.                         3

Higher Laws become fewer and more simple in some Cosmologies.

Theory of holes & the feeling of deficient emptiness

"Holes" Get Produced When You Are a Child

One more thing about the theory of holes. As I said, the holes get produced when you’re a child. When you’re a baby, you have no holes; you are complete when you are born. As you grow up, because of your interactions with your environment and certain difficulties you encounter, you get cut off from certain parts of yourself. Every time you get cut off from a part of you, a hole manifests. The holes then become full with the memory of the loss and the issues around the loss. After a while, you fill in the holes. What you fill the holes with are false feelings, ideas, beliefs about yourself, and strategies for dealing with your environment. These fillers are collectively called the personality, or what we call the false pearl. So the false pearl is a result of losses of parts of the self. After a time, we think this is who we are. We think we are the fillers. The personality is trying to take the place of the real thing. That’s why we do a lot of work here on understanding our personalities. We study the development of our personality until we are finally able to experience the memory of the situation in which that particular hole formed.

Diamond Heart Book One, pg. 29

If you resonate with this, there are more excerpts in these links

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/theory-holes

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/deficient-emptiness

I see the problem with topology which is not just about holes but about stretching as well, why are you obsessing over the complex plane, the bouzouki has three strings traditionally, they added a fourth when they got to America and the guitar has six whilst the piano has at least 176. I'm not a fan of string theory, I believe the drum naturally falls into four unless played correctly, I am sure you would be the last to suggest we should live a monochrome life. Newton decided there were seven colours because six was thought to be satanic, though personally I have nothing against the Star of David. What is your objection to the minor seventh?

26 minutes ago, Gog said:

I see the problem with topology which is not just about holes but about stretching as well, why are you obsessing over the complex plane, the bouzouki has three strings traditionally, they added a fourth when they got to America and the guitar has six whilst the piano has at least 176. I'm not a fan of string theory, I believe the drum naturally falls into four unless played correctly, I am sure you would be the last to suggest we should live a monochrome life. Newton decided there were seven colours because six was thought to be satanic, though personally I have nothing against the Star of David. What is your objection to the minor seventh?

First, I had to look up the meanings of topology, monochrome, and minor seventh.

I don't feel like I was obsessing over the complex plane but I'm not above obcessing and sometimes I do and then see it better in hindsight. If the complex plane includes our inner psychological world and ones identifications and blind spots then perhaps I do or it could be interpreted that way. But only for furthering understanding and resolving the disparities between a deficient ego state and the experience of being.

Ive experienced the the phenomena linked to Almaas's Theory of Holes and the healing from learning to sit with the uncomfortable deficient emptiness and the resulting slow arising of spaciousness in which 'being' can be recognized in different aspects from using this process.

Regarding:  What is your objection to the minor seventh?

I don't know? I don't really understand how you mean that. If you want to elaborate some,,, I'm open for dialogue,,,

Thanks for engaging!

The newly transformed ICHING that I use. 

4F623B3E-E186-4DA5-8681-273D8A90B80C-1909-0000031A8F99C91E.jpg

I appreciate the simple straight forward language used in The Oracle of the Cosmic Way. For hexagram 15, Modesty - she begins;

Modesty, the Sage informs us, is one of the three fundamental Cosmic Virtues that all aspects of the Cosmic whole are endowed with. The other two virtues are equality and uniqueness. Together they give each aspect of the Cosmos its dignity. It is due to these basic virtues that a single force is able to rule the functioning of the Cosmos as a whole; the force of mutual attraction of complementary aspects. Another name for this force is Love.

Modesty is the virtue connected with one's commonsense. Commonsense is the consensus of all the senses a person is born with. When none of his senses is blocked, his commonsense gives him a sure feeling of what is true and what is untrue, because it is in harmony with Cosmic Truth. Commonsense is closely connected with a person's inner truth~~his memory of what Cosmic Truth feels like.,,,,,

I've fallen way behind in posting watched videos of Leo's. Watched Mankind Is The Bullshitting Animal a while back and enjoyed it so much I rewatched it.

Just finished - Becoming a Sage. Wow. I look forward to more of this. Good stuff!

I have read that the Yi Jing originally demanded sacrifice like the Obi. I was thinking of buying the edition you mention before you posted as I already have a companion book by the same authors on healing. Initially I was put off somewhat when reading it as I thought they expressed themselves somewhat arrogantly, but they gave me more faith in certain teachings I have received and when I became convinced of the authorship I thought that I might buy their "transformed edition" as well. Do you have a copy of the Obi written down? I am aware of only one which I own and have never really tried to read except a little of the American-English so called anthropological interpretation, which seems to me to be drawing more on experiences in Brazil than Nigeria where it was written. The Babaleyo who wrote it was schooled in chemistry to a very high level and arranged the Odus into 256 binary combinations of eight. He spent a lot of time trying to fit the Yi Jing which as you know has 64 binary combinations of 6 into the Obi believing as he did that they had a common origin. Sacrifice always strikes me as a way of justifying gambling, but that doesn't mean I would not fear the consequences of ignoring such demands. Thank you.

ICHING 

The lower Trigram shows the attitude to your inner world, the upper your attitude to the outer-world. The Chinese sages who created the I Ching understood the duality of life and its existential problems. They knew that it in order to change your external situation -- your outer fate -- you had to change your inner mentality. Since the I Ching was created as a kind of pragmatic guide, they knew that the Trigrams would have to be doubled to reflect the dynamics of the inner-outer worlds, of external situation and internal attitude. The system of 64 hexagrams which make up the I Ching resulted from the necessity of doubling the eight combinations of three.

In a dramatic example of the fractal recursive nature of reality, nature follows the very same system to create the genetic code. The eight trigrams correspond very closely to the DNA and RNA code of our genes. This is the genetic code which is responsible on a cellular level for all self organization, growth and reproduction in life.

IMG_0271.JPG

DNA is the blueprint for every protein made in every cell. It is the Yin, spatial structure which stores the information. RNA is the reverse copy of DNA which carries out DNA's instructions for protein production. It is the Yang, active catalyst which actualizes in time the information in the DNA. The DNA and RNA have eight different base combinations, each made of three chemicals, just like the trigrams made of three lines. The chemical "triplets" as they are called, combine in double triplet code, just like the hexagrams. The maximum total combinations of DNA/RNA triplets is thus 64, just like the I Ching. The 64 triplet combinations control the twenty amino acids and other cellular generative-structural activity.

Out of the combinations of the 8 triplets or trigrams, the 64 "words" of the genetic code of life are formed. All life, from bacteria to Man, is directed on a cellular level by the same language of the 64 Codons of RNA and DNA, based on the doubled triplet, or Hexagram. For example in genetics one of the 64 three letter Codons is: T.A.G. - C.T.A. (Thymine, Adenine, Guanine - Cytosine, Thymine, Adenine). The first gene detected by Watson was equivalent in structure to the I Ching hexagram number 42: Increase.

IMG_0272.GIF

From http://www.chanceandchoice.com/course-overview/yin-and-yang/

Edited by Zigzag Idiot
Added image of hexagram 42

On 1/29/2019 at 11:39 PM, Zigzag Idiot said:

enneagram personality types.       12

Need to revise this error above.  Waited too long and lost the edit button. Ennegarm personality types  9 not 12

enneagram personality types.       9

19 hours ago, Gog said:

I have read that the Yi Jing originally demanded sacrifice like the Obi. I was thinking of buying the edition you mention before you posted as I already have a companion book by the same authors on healing. Initially I was put off somewhat when reading it as I thought they expressed themselves somewhat arrogantly, but they gave me more faith in certain teachings I have received and when I became convinced of the authorship I thought that I might buy their "transformed edition" as well. Do you have a copy of the Obi written down? I am aware of only one which I own and have never really tried to read except a little of the American-English so called anthropological interpretation, which seems to me to be drawing more on experiences in Brazil than Nigeria where it was written. The Babaleyo who wrote it was schooled in chemistry to a very high level and arranged the Odus into 256 binary combinations of eight. He spent a lot of time trying to fit the Yi Jing which as you know has 64 binary combinations of 6 into the Obi believing as he did that they had a common origin. Sacrifice always strikes me as a way of justifying gambling, but that doesn't mean I would not fear the consequences of ignoring such demands. Thank you.

I used Carol's guide to the ICHING a couple of years before I started using her and Hanna's collaboration of THE ORACLE OF THE COSMIC WAY in 2015 which included many new "discoveries" and insights. Such as the mind blowing ? retrospective three coin method. 

From their website I'll post a short article more for the benifit of those who are following this and are somewhat interested.

Article 1. The Sage as our Cosmic Teacher by Carol and Hanna

© by Carol Anthony and Hanna Moog

Carol’s experience of the Sage in the 1970’s was of an alive consciousness that wants to communicate with us. This took away for her the understanding that what we read in the written text of the book, is all we have for an oracle. It becomes apparent through its use that the I Ching is a Cosmic gift to humans. Its purpose is show people (1) the nature of the Cosmos as a system of Principles of Harmony, (2) our true human nature, and (3) the way we individually can return to harmony with these Cosmic Principles when we have lost our way. 

The Sage, as part of this interaction, is a presence within us that uses the oracle to draw up from the depths of our nature, our innate knowledge of Cosmic truth. (This truth is contained in the DNA of every body cell.) The I Ching Hexagram 61, titled “Inner Truth,” refers to this source that is stored in our bodies, not in words, but in the form of feelings of what is harmonious and what is not. Thus, the Sage uses the I Ching to speak through its text, but the text itself is not the oracle.

The Sage makes it clear, through the method we call the retrospective-three-coin-method, or “rtcm” (which will be described in our next article), that it does not teach us the handed down platitudes that have often been taken as ‘ancient wisdom.’ It rather discourages this kind of memorized mental approach by reaching into our own deepest inner truth to bring forth the answers that are already there. We find, in so doing, that our inner truth has been suppressed in favor of these platitudes and commandments. That is why, on finding the answer we need, we recognize that we “knew that” all along, but did not dare to trust it. Thus, we find that the Sage is all the time connecting us with a part of ourselves that has been repressed through conditioning.

This process of reaching into the depths is described in Hexagram 48, “The Well,” which calls our inner truth “a clear, cold spring from which one can drink.” Often, we cannot access our inner truth because “there is mud in the well” in the form of fixed, preconceived ideas, fears, old grievances, and memories of wrongs done to us. When we drink from this mud, we are kept stalling. With the help of the I Ching text, the Sage not only wants to make us aware of this fact, it also offers us help to cleanse our inner well. Then we find that our inner truth is a gold mine containing everything we need to know.

The more we work with the Sage and give it the necessary space in our mind, the more we realize that it wants to speak to us as a friend, not as a godlike figure that expects obeisance and punishes us when we make mistakes. On the contrary, the Sage wants to free us from ideas that are either grandiose, making us see ourselves as the center of the universe, or that inspire us with fear and awe, and make us see ourselves as small and insignificant. The ancient Greeks had an idea of the Sage when they spoke of “a tutelary spirit that accompanies each person lifelong.” They named it “genii,” root of the word “genius.” Writers have long called it “the muse.” For many artists, athletes, and inventors, it is an “elusive thing” that takes over in us when we give up relying on the “brilliance and ability of the thinking mind,” or the pure brawn of our bodies, to provide the success we seek.

From: http://www.ichingoracle.com/our-blog/2017/2/22/article-2-suspending-disbelief-by-carol-and-hanna

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

Was beginning to think I was resistant to a stomach virus going around. Nope. First thing this morning  - Vomiting, fever, diarrhea, sweating , freezing, aching and then some more vomiting. My Automaton is hurting and miserable. My cat comes in the bedroom and checks on me every so often.

@Zigzag Idiot oh no. Everyone is sick around me as well but with some type of sinus virus. 

I seemed to have escaped thus far.

Feel better soon.

On 1/30/2019 at 0:28 PM, Zigzag Idiot said:

Theory of holes & the feeling of deficient emptiness

"Holes" Get Produced When You Are a Child

One more thing about the theory of holes. As I said, the holes get produced when you’re a child. When you’re a baby, you have no holes; you are complete when you are born. As you grow up, because of your interactions with your environment and certain difficulties you encounter, you get cut off from certain parts of yourself. Every time you get cut off from a part of you, a hole manifests. The holes then become full with the memory of the loss and the issues around the loss. After a while, you fill in the holes. What you fill the holes with are false feelings, ideas, beliefs about yourself, and strategies for dealing with your environment. These fillers are collectively called the personality, or what we call the false pearl. So the false pearl is a result of losses of parts of the self. After a time, we think this is who we are. We think we are the fillers. The personality is trying to take the place of the real thing. That’s why we do a lot of work here on understanding our personalities. We study the development of our personality until we are finally able to experience the memory of the situation in which that particular hole formed.

Diamond Heart Book One, pg. 29

If you resonate with this, there are more excerpts in these links

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/theory-holes

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/deficient-emptiness

Interestinggg ? I have a twin sister and technically we have the same personality types BUT we were always effected completely different by experiences. I wonder if this has some bearing... Beyond personality type too.