stevegan928

Truth For Truth's Sake Is A Load Of BS

45 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Freedom without the limitations by time is the beginning of any honest/uncorrupted/sound exploration/investigation/inquiry.

I don't completely understand. Is this someone who has no plan to become enlightened? 

Truth with a capital 'T', is a concept, and truth, lowercase 't' in the definition of the word simply means the state of being true. So capital T, Truth for capital T, Truth's sake is an ideological supposition, a self fulfilling psychological mindset. Where as truth, lowercase 't', is a conditional and relative state of something being 'true'.

We can't really elevate 'truth' to some abstract ideal that is defined by itself just by capitalizing the word and deifying it into a mythical absolute. For truth to be truth there has to be a standard by which it is measured by so that state can be said to be true.

Then truth for happiness sake has a little bit more merit in that happiness can be measured objectively according to it's effect and influence even though the standard of happiness is a standard that is assessed subjectively. What makes one happy or considers happiness is a subjectively set standard that's objectively measure to find it's 'truth'.

We get psychological security in trusting in our own perceptions and understanding as being true, that it's the 'Truth'. This is why so many are intensely fixated on purporting to have and know the 'Truth', as in the capitalized divine act of absolutism and universal supposition when really it's merely a worshiping of one's own standard.

Edited by SOUL

9 minutes ago, stevegan928 said:

I don't completely understand. Is this someone who has no plan to become enlightened? 

If “I” am ‘focused’ on ‘achieving’ (time), one part of the whole, wouldn’t that Limit the possibility of seeing the whole? 

When you explore the nature of self/time/thought by observing directly you will see that searching for what is already known leads to the obvious already known. 

To go beyond the known, maybe projecting what is known isn’t very wise dude. 

3 minutes ago, Jack River said:

If “I” am ‘focused’ on ‘achieving’ (time), one part of the whole, wouldn’t that Limit the possibility of seeing the whole? 

When you explore the nature of self/time/thought by observing directly you will see that searching for what is already known leads to the obvious already known. 

To go beyond the known, maybe projecting what is known isn’t very wise dude. 

So what is your remedy for this? Other than calling other people unwise of course.

4 hours ago, SOUL said:

So what is your remedy for this? Other than calling other people unwise of course.

Are you more interested in a remedy or the condition?:)

Edited by Jack River

8 minutes ago, Jack River said:

So you don't know but act like you do while calling others unwise?

11 minutes ago, SOUL said:

So you don't know but act like you do while calling others unwise?

Did I call anyone out dude? 

Can you comprehend what was implied here dude?

23 minutes ago, Jack River said:

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

Then, there is an energetic shift from self seeking to . . . a more genuine form of exploration energy.  

As in no wastage of contradictory desires(one opposing another). Definitely frees a dude or dudet up fosho. 

Edited by Jack River

5 hours ago, SOUL said:

For truth to be truth there has to be a standard by which it is measured by so that state can be said to be true.

One cannot step outside of Truth and objectively measure it by a standard. 

29 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

One cannot step outside of Truth and objectively measure it by a standard. 

You just confirmed this:

6 hours ago, SOUL said:

This is why so many are intensely fixated on purporting to have and know the 'Truth', as in the capitalized divine act of absolutism and universal supposition when really it's merely a worshiping of one's own standard.

You create an imagined 'Truth', suggest it can't be measured, which ironically is a measure in itself, and set it up as a universal supposition.

12 minutes ago, SOUL said:

You just confirmed this:

You create an imagined 'Truth', suggest it can't be measured, which ironically is a measure in itself, and set it up as a universal supposition.

It’s unimaginable, yet contains all images. ? 

And it is unpalatable to a self ?

17 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

It’s unimaginable, yet contains all images. ? 

And it is unpalatable to a self ?

You imagine that it's unimaginable and unpalatable to the self, apart from what you imagine it to be it doesn't exist as you imagine it to be. You can imagine it to be a universal supposition but you have only imagined it to be that for yourself....and is only just that for yourself. It's your 'truth'... not mine, not anyone else, just you.

5 minutes ago, SOUL said:

You imagine that it's unimaginable and unpalatable to the self, apart from what you imagine it to be it doesn't exist as you imagine it to be. You can imagine it to be a universal supposition but you have only imagined it to be that for yourself....and is only just that for yourself. It's your 'truth'... not mine, not anyone else, just you.

Yes, the unimaginable would include all those ideas as well ?

You keep trying to cut something out of the whole. You will not be able to figure it out with words and concepts.

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Yes, the unimaginable would include all those ideas as well ?

You keep trying to cut something out of the whole.

On the contrary, I'm including in the whole everything you are trying to exclude.

2 minutes ago, SOUL said:

On the contrary, I'm including in the whole everything you are trying to exclude.

Great! Keep on expanding ?

7 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Great! Keep on expanding ?

Yes, exactly. So when you say 'one cannot go outside of Truth' I say expand outside of Truth because one can experience it directly.

24 minutes ago, SOUL said:

I say expand outside of Truth because one can experience it directly.

Who/what is the “one” that can experience it directly?

8 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Who/what is the “one” that can experience it directly?

The 'one' that asks 'who'?

1 minute ago, SOUL said:

The 'one' that asks 'who'?

You wrote: “I say expand outside of Truth because one can experience it directly”

Who/what is this “one” that can experience it directly?

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

You wrote: “I say expand outside of Truth because one can experience it directly”

Who/what is this “one” that can experience it directly?

The one that asks who.......