Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
evolvelovelive

Cannabis & Alignment

7 posts in this topic

Hello..

Well... Life for me consciously started after an enlightening experience with smoking cannabis, were I was In a complete state of knowing, love - at one source you can call it and had a direct experience of an Eckhart Tolle enlightened state. These experiences occurred after working out, after a couple of paranoia experiences smoking habitually with my mates, that there was a right and respectful way of using the psychedelic, which was: 1. Having the right intention 2. Set and Setting 3. Dosage/Strain Type. I do not smoke anymore because I have noticed when I do, even though It puts me in this all knowing state, after I come off it, it puts my life on a bit of a back pedal, though fortunate for me it has gracefully pulled me out of a deep unconscious state.

The problem is, my sober life lacks love and understanding/clarity which I would get from the cannabis experience, I feel as though my mind is out balanced and smoking the cannabis would align my mental and spiritual state. There is a lack of clarity in my everyday life, e.g reading books, contextualising texts and understanding and feeling into what is acutually being written, I have never loved anyone which I would experience from the cannabis. Life does feel dull and brain fog does arise. I feel the cannabis puts me in alignment, temporarily.

Has anyone experienced this? Or does anyone know what I can do to balance out and put me into alignment with out the use of the cannabis.

Looking forward to your insights and your help :) cheers!

Yes, I had this experience. It's an addictive substance after all, so really forget about "I would get this out of the substance". It will always backfire at you. ALWAYS. 

How new are you to all this? Maybe go watch some of Leo's videos where he talks about practices and implement those.
It can take a while but integrating these things will get you to love:
- Physical health (nutrition + exercise)
- Being in touch with your emotions and your body (many things influence this, try shadow work and emotional mastery, Leo has amazing books on his booklist)
- Meditation

Start there, be consistent and see how life develops. There are many other things you can do, but start with the basics. Don't give in to the thoughts that any substance or external stimulus will give you what you're looking for. 

Namaste 

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

@evolvelovelive Cannabis has been extremely valuable in my spiritual evolution. 

As the Christians say, you can judge a tree by the fruit on it. If it produces good results in your life, than it is good for you. If you start overdoing it and it produces bad results, stop or slow your consumption.

Ive been consuming for years. I smoke 1 joint after dinner and another one before bed. I never smoke during the day.

Dont let other people tell you what is good or bad for you when it contradicts your own direct experience.

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800

1 hour ago, evolvelovelive said:

I do not smoke anymore because I have noticed when I do, even though It puts me in this all knowing state, after I come off it, it puts my life on a bit of a back pedal

Not sure if you were pointing to my advice Matt, but when he/she him/her self notices the problematic consequences then why should one encourage to continue? I'm not saying it's bad or wrong, that's another story. From experience and to help in the specific question, seeing what was found out by OP, I just think there is no reason to continue doing it right now. Maybe later. But there are way more important things to do before thinking about this. I respect your opinion of course, I just don't think it's very helpful.

Thanks guys..! appreciate the thoughts, no I don't meditate, consistently.. I struggle with it, even the simple breathing excercises.

Cheers