ZenBlue

100 Days Of Meditation

105 posts in this topic

This was very interesting to read! I am currently setting a foundation for my self-development plan and this was really inspiring. One thing that I noticed is that you are quite critical about your meditations not being as perfect as you wish they were. Maybe you don't experience any hard feelings because of that but it is hard to figure from the written text. I think you are doing great and this is exactly the way it is supposed to go. I believe meditation is process oriented so therefore noticing how it has improved from day 1 to day 77 tells me you are on the right path. I think meditation does not have to be good or perfect it simply has to be because being itself is the essence of it. Once again it was very interesting to read and I wish you all the best !

Days 78 and 79

35 minute meditation

I'm starting become more aware of how fucked up I really am. I'm noticing all the ways I hurt myself, and unintentionally hurt other people with my behaviors. I don't know why I do the things I do, but I will work on increasing awareness in my life so that my behaviors can be corrected over time.

Powered By Love

@Darius Lt Thank you Darius, sorry I missed your post earlier. I'm glad this journal inspired you, I didn't expect anyone to be inspired by it, but that's great news! Since you mentioned about me being critical, I realized I'm actually very critical of myself in every single thing I do. I didn't even realize I was being that critical with my meditations until you pointed it out. I guess being critical of myself is what helps push me to do more and more. I realize now I need a better balance, and take it a little easier on myself from time to time. Yes, meditation is definitely a long process, so I just need to take it day by day, because it all adds up over time. Thanks for reading!

Day 80

35 minute meditation

I just watched Leo's video on patience. Now I'm beginning to realize just how impatient I've been my entire life. I've abandoned so many projects because the results weren't coming in fast enough. I need to have more patience because this whole process takes time.

Powered By Love

Day 81

35 minute meditation

I just need to take it all day by day. I'm working on my business start-up, and I'm not even close to where I thought I would be by now. A lot of things have slowed me down along the way, but I am pushing through to keeping up with it. This time I am committing 100% of myself to it. I have to apply the patience ointment daily so that I can soothe that itch. 

Powered By Love

Day 82

35 minute meditation

I find that it's hard to maintain awareness through out the day. I might only be able to do it for a few minutes at a time. Most of the time I am lost in my head with all kinds of content. I can feel some small results of meditation so far, and I feel that I will improve greatly over time.

Powered By Love

Day 83

35 minute meditation

The past few days I have been feeling a little more energetic, and I have less chaos in my head. My life has calmed down a bit, but I don't know how long it will stay this way. Usually my calm periods don't last, and at some point something happens that causes my life to become hectic, and stressful. Maybe I subconsciously get bored of the tranquility and create my own chaos time and time again. I do tend to get bored very easily, and I still don't know what triggers it.

I'm starting to understand myself a lot more now. I'm developing a better sense of the human body I am in, and what makes it tick. I still have no damn clue about who "I" am though. If I'm not this human body, and I'm not my thoughts, then what am I? I'm still very perplexed by this question.

Powered By Love

If you want to get rid of some of the thoughts that keep popping into to your head, I would recommend meditating outside, it doesn't matter if its noisy, the noise is just one more thing to appreciate.

I am 14 and I live in the Ireland in the countryside, I been meditating for roughly a month, I dot no have as many problems with thoughts popping into ones head. Maybe because I am younger and don't have a corporate job (or whatever you may do  that you say exhausts you). Ive been doing 20 minute sessions from the start and in the past week being doing 25. I did do one 40 minute session because I had accidently missed a day of meditation. I found the 40 minute session quite interersting. Your up for a surprise when you hit 40 minutes.

I found to be aware is what it is be aware, notice everything but don't put your judgement's on it. Leo talks about this briefly in one of his videos on self actualization, something about what maslow said a self actualized person is, I cant quite remember.

You are doing well, I can see your mind is ailing , but do not break. Keep it up really great work, ;D

@Lorcan Thanks Lorcan, you're young, but you seem to be pretty insightful about meditation and awareness. For me it's harder to be around noisy areas because I'm sensitive by nature so my physical senses are really strong. I can't tune out noise so it would be difficult for me to become relaxed and meditative public areas. I think having some of these thoughts are good for me right now because I am working through them and connecting the dots in my life as I work through these thoughts.

Great explanation on awareness! What you said about it makes a lot of sense to me. Can't wait to hit 40 minutes then!

Days 84, 85, 86

35 minute meditations

For the past 3 days I've only gotten 4 - 5 hours of sleep each night so I'm pretty tired today. I've always had a hunch that life was all connected somehow. I'm starting realize more and more just how connected we all are. Like there is some sort of invisible thread that links us all together. I've observed this in my personal life because everything happens all in clusters. There's either a wave of multiple activities all happening at once, or it just stops all at once as well. Life can be so strange and mysterious. Someone once told me that truth is stranger than fiction. Now I wish I knew more about what he meant, but I also get a sense of what he was talking about. Life can be quite bizarre sometimes.

Powered By Love

10 hours ago, ZenBlue said:

For the past 3 days I've only gotten 4 - 5 hours of sleep each night so I'm pretty tired today. I've always had a hunch that life was all connected somehow. I'm starting realize more and more just how connected we all are. Like there is some sort of invisible thread that links us all together. I've observed this in my personal life because everything happens all in clusters. There's either a wave of multiple activities all happening at once, or it just stops all at once as well. Life can be so strange and mysterious. Someone once told me that truth is stranger than fiction. Now I wish I knew more about what he meant, but I also get a sense of what he was talking about. Life can be quite bizarre sometimes.

Have you ever watched this?  If not...do.

@Evilwave Heddy - Nope haven't seen that movie, but I'll check it out

Day 87

35 minute meditation

Mainly feeling tired today. 35 minutes still feels quite long. It's a very peaceful time period though, and when I am done with the meditation I feel so much more at ease. I'm going to keep pushing the time up little by little, and hopefully I can continue to make progress on improving with meditation.