ZenBlue

100 Days Of Meditation

105 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, ZenBlue said:

Day 47 and 48

Had a 30 minute meditation session.

Although my mind still feels chaotic I am still keeping up with the meditation. I think the changes in me are so subtle and gradual that it's very difficult to grasp. I'm still kind of questioning the real benefits of meditation, but I still feel like there is something I can learn through meditation. Just the very act of setting time aside to just sit and not do anything does help me to appreciate the moment, however brief.

I'm so glad about your persistence through 48 days of 30 minute meditation sessions! I'm so glad that you're starting to gain benefits from meditating! Like Leo said, the results don't come instantly but when you delay gratification, you will get excellent results. While i don't meditate, I'm working on recapturing the childlike state of being fully immersed in the moment and feeling playful and happy without a care in the world. I love swinging on the swings or enjoying the beauty of a spring or summer day. 

@Zane Sounds like fun. Being able to feel that childlike state can be a form of mindfulness. 

Day 49

I had a light tingling sensation in my head after the meditation. I think that means there is some type of change taking place. I'm just going to keep meditating and see where it leads me.

Powered By Love

Day 50

I noticed today that I used to have a very easy life. I was just coasting through life until about 4 years ago. That's when things started to get hard and when I started to struggle. I have become a stronger person because of my struggles, but I'm not quite out of it yet. I still have a lot of work ahead of me. I'm going to keep on my meditation path because I feel that it could guide me in the right direction.

Powered By Love

@ZenBlue GREAT NEWS!!!!!! You're halfway finished with your meditation days, you have 50 days left of meditation left. I love how you're focusing on 30 minute sessions and what have been the challenges and joys of meditation?

@Zane Thanks! Yea I can't believe I'm already half-way there. All I did was take it day by day and it all added up. I'd say the challenges are that some days I still don't feel like doing it. It's not an automatic habit for me yet. I still have moments where I really want to do something else instead. Sometimes I'm in a really bad mood. Then it would be very difficult to meditate. I just do it anyways even though I'm still in a bad mood during the meditation. It has been very challenging to let my thoughts go. Most of the time I can't do it. If I'm lucky maybe I can let my thoughts go for 2 - 3 minutes.

As for the joys, I think it has made me a bit calmer inside. Sometimes I get a better sense of myself and my life. I have brief moments of clarity, but those moments shut down quickly. I think by continuing meditation for a while, I will start to see everything more clearly and I will be able to then know exactly what needs to be done. I'm going to continue meditating with the faith that at some point, it will give me the clarity that I need.

Day 51 and 52

Had a 30 minute mediation session.

Letting go of my thoughts is still a big challenge. I have learned that letting go of my thoughts is a practice that I can apply to my everyday life. I can use it to let go of the past, let go of anything I perceive as wrong, let go of any idea that does not empower me. At some point I will be able to let go of all the arbitrary rules set by society and free myself from all the things that have been weighing me down. I yearn for freedom, as much as I yearn for the truth, as much as I yearn to breathe.

Powered By Love

Day 53

I wonder if meditation has profound effects that I'm not aware of yet. It seems that all the "chi" masters practice meditation. Now I wonder what would happen if I meditated every single day for 20 years? I want to make meditating my lifelong daily practice. I will commit to meditating every single day for the rest of my life. When the 100 days is up I will still meditate whether I notice any benefits or not.

Powered By Love

Days 54, 55, and 56

I am still meditating for 30 minutes.

It feels like every time I start to make some progress I run into some major issue that sets me back a lot. I am dealing with some personal things that just happened today, and if I can't fix it then it will be a very big hit for me money-wise. Other than that life is good. Somehow I will get through this as just another part of life.

Sometimes I do feel a lot calmer, but I still have so many thoughts in my head and it's still very hard for me to direct my attention onto something for long periods of time.

Powered By Love

15 hours ago, ZenBlue said:

Days 54, 55, and 56

I am still meditating for 30 minutes.

It feels like every time I start to make some progress I run into some major issue that sets me back a lot. I am dealing with some personal things that just happened today, and if I can't fix it then it will be a very big hit for me money-wise. Other than that life is good. Somehow I will get through this as just another part of life.

Sometimes I do feel a lot calmer, but I still have so many thoughts in my head and it's still very hard for me to direct my attention onto something for long periods of time.

I'm glad that you're feeling a lot calmer with meditation and that you're accepting and not denying the problems. I'm glad you realizing how life is good! I've been creating a mindset that is "I am free to create my life however I want." I strongly value freedom and I've been applying this mindset by discovering new opportunities and discovering new hobbies and passions and writing down when I have a moment of happiness or a consistent day of happiness. My number of happy moments and happy days have skyrocketed to the hundreds and it taught me how to write out my visions! I discovered that I communicate best through writing! I've been heavily committed to a creative writing portfolio to re-discover my passion for storytelling and the reason i've been going to so many plays and movies is to feed my muse and I feel extremely inspired and so much happier and fully alive and in a flow state. By applying my new mindset of "I am free to create my life" I changed my GPA radically by applying new academic techniques after a bad semester. However, this creator mindset is not a neurotic desire for power and control! My creator mindset gives me full freedom over my life and how I will embrace this amazing power! I've also focused on totally immersing myself in nature, in movies, in storytelling, in music, and in theater to feel oneness with my passion. 

@Zane That's awesome. Sounds like you are doing great on your journey. Yes I believe being in the creator mindset is a good place to be at. I also strongly value freedom. That is what I'm striving for.

Day 57 and 58

Meditated for 30 minutes

Despite the current chaos in my life I am still keeping up with my daily meditation. I'm not doing well with letting go of my thoughts. I feel that I'm starting to get a little better with self-discipline and developing a stronger will power. I'm far from perfect and I do mess up a lot in my daily life. I'm still trying to organize my life and get a handle on the day to day things. I'm sure over time I will be able to clear these issues hanging over my head and set my life on the right track.