ZenBlue

100 Days Of Meditation

105 posts in this topic

Day 27

Had a 25 minute session today.

I'm still confused and lost. It's frustrating as hell, but at the same time, I'm starting to enjoy the process.

Powered By Love

Day 28

Had a 30 minute meditation session today.

Sometimes staying positive is hard. Today I feel like what's the point of it all?

Powered By Love

@ZenBlue That's why we have a concept called faith, man. This is why the rationalistic majority of the world do not do this sort of practice.

Day 29

I'm still struggling with a lot of self doubt. I also felt a sensation where maybe I should just be doing all of this for the pure enjoyment of it. Maybe once I can become present in the moment, I will be able to just enjoy it for what it is.

Powered By Love

Day 30

Meditating for 30 minutes feels long, but I'm going to stick with this time until I start to feel comfortable with it. I am also moving on to stage 2. In this stage I'm going to practice letting go of my thoughts. It won't be easy and I'm sure I will fail at it many times.

Powered By Love

Day 31 and 32

Meditated for 30 minutes on both days.

I'm currently practicing letting go of my thoughts during meditation. It's not easy and I find I can only let my thoughts go for a minute or so before I start getting lost in my thoughts again. Being still and present is still very uncomfortable for me. When I am able to be present in the moment, I can see how restless I feel. I notice how I have such a large need for external stimulation. I'm starting to see how everything we do in life is designed to constantly keep our minds distracted. Society provides the greatest rewards to those who can do the best job distracting us. Think about why the giant corporations like Facebook and Apple do so well. They provide us with the greatest distractions. They also reap insanely high rewards for giving us these distractions.

Our basic needs are the most affordable. Anyone of us with reasonable intelligence and good health can at least acquire the most basic needs such as food, clothing, and shelter. Beyond that we spend the absolute most amount of our time, energy, and money with distractions. Now I wonder what is it really like to just be? To be able to spend an entire day without having the need to be anywhere or do anything. What would it be like if I simply wanted to just sit somewhere and do nothing for at least 5 hours straight? Why do we constantly feel the need to distract ourselves? What are we distracting ourselves from?

Even when I am alone and not doing anything, I still have an endless stream of thoughts in my mind. I get lost in my head and think too much about everything. Now I can see that the purpose of my meditation is to shut down my thoughts. To stop all the noise in my head and to simply just be. To not need anything other than to just be in the moment. That is the ultimate goal I want to achieve.

Powered By Love

Day 33

I watched the video about free will vs determinism:

Now I'm even more confused about all of this. It's not easy to accept the idea that I have no free will. I'm open to exploring it, but it all doesn't make much sense to me right now.

Powered By Love

What I'm loving is your observations about trying to sit still! To improve my mindfulness and sitting still, what I do is go to the theater, absorb myself in the experience, and turn off my phone. Going to the theater can flow by when you're so invested in the show! Another meditation technique i apply is in my creative writing where i try to focus on the writing process. 

@Zane Going to the theater to practice meditation is an interesting idea. I never thought about applying meditation techniques to any of my daily tasks, but it sounds very interesting.

Day 34

I couldn't let go of my thoughts at all today. I had so many thoughts swirling around in my head that I got very lost in them. The time went by very fast and the session was over before I knew it. I'm starting to get a very small glimpse of understanding. I'm not sure yet what the truth is, but I feel that I'm getting closer. I know I'm on the right path. I just need to keep moving forward.

Powered By Love

Day 35

Had a 30 minute meditation session

Day 36

Still getting a lot of mixed emotions. I felt kind of depressed yesterday, and it all felt pointless again. I'm still very lost and confused. Today felt a bit lighter and the day went by very smoothly. I didn't even feel like meditating when I got home because I just wanted zone out and distract myself. I told myself to just sit there and do it. The time passed by more quickly than I thought it would.

Overall I'm still on this journey. I'm having a difficult time right now, but for some reason I don't want to stop. I want to keep going. I'm still searching for the absolute truth.

Powered By Love

Day 37

I'm trying to get rid of the notion of self. I want to experience the nothingness that Leo talks about. It's very hard to push through the resistance. I think I need to do a lot more before I can get the feeling of being nothing.

Powered By Love

Day 38

My emotions have been pretty unstable the past few days. Most of the days I feel low on energy and like utter crap. Then I get a few brief moments where I feel some sense of clarity. That moment is very brief though. Maybe a few minutes at the most. I guess you could say, I'm currently in a dark period in my life.

Powered By Love

Day 39

Day 40

So far, letting go of my thoughts hasn't been easy. I still get a lot of monkey chatter in my brain. I don't notice any real changes to myself yet. I'm still going to keep my session at 30 minutes for now because it still feels a bit long for me.