ZenBlue

100 Days Of Meditation

105 posts in this topic

I'm going to use this journal to hold myself accountable and to keep track of my progress.

The goal is to meditate every single day for 100 days straight for at least 5 minutes a day. I can choose to do more if I wish, but I have to do at least 5 minutes every single day.

I will start with the do nothing meditation technique and may change my methods along the way. I set a timer on my phone for 5 minutes and just lay there doing nothing, but observing my thoughts.

Day 1

Today is the first day of this challenge. I am starting with the do nothing meditation method because that is currently the easiest for me to do. I know I will be able to do it every single day for 5 minutes a day because it is so easy. It is important when starting challenges, to create a system that makes it very easy to do.

The 5 minutes went by very fast today. I had a lot of monkey chatter in my brain, but I was also able to do a deep breathing exercise while my mind was constantly wandering off and then flickering back into the present.

What I hope to achieve by meditating for 100 days straight:

• Turn it into a daily habit that I can implement permanently into my life
  • Develop stronger willpower
  • Increase my ability to focus for longer periods of time
  • Develop my level of awareness
  • Effectively manage the chaos in my mind

Powered By Love

This is 'deja vu' for me. I started my meditation with 5 minutes a day too since 2015 August. I do it for 1 hour a day now and it still feels like I still have a lot of room to improve with meditation.

Day 2

- Meditated for 5 minutes today

- Went out for a little drive

- Went through some of the Life Purpose Course videos

Powered By Love

Day 3

Had a 5 minute meditation session today. I find there is still a lot of monkey chatter in my brain and the time goes by rather quickly because of that. I would easily be able to meditate for 10+ minutes, but I don't think I would be consistent if I started increasing my time. I will hit at least 5 minutes every day until it becomes a daily habit and I will increase the time from there.

I used to meditate about 2 years ago and I was doing it daily for at least 30 minutes a day. I kept that up for a few months, and then I stopped doing it altogether. Now I'm starting again because it had such a positive effect on my life before, and this time I want it to become a permanent part of my life.

Powered By Love

Day 4 

Today was a bit of a rough day, but i got through it and it got better in the end. I still need a lot of work to calm down my mind and maintain awareness throughout the day. 

Powered By Love

Day 5

Increased my meditation time to 10 minutes today. I feel that 10 minutes is a good pace for me because 5 minutes doesn't feel like enough time for me to get a good meditation.

Also I saw a car accident happen right in front of me. A guy was trying to make a left turn really fast and he couldn't control the car. He crashed headfirst right into a lamp pole. It was a really hard crash and I couldn't even see if the guy was ok because the light turned green and the traffic started moving. There was a police car right around that area and he immediately rushed to the crashed car. As I was driving by I saw a young girl climb out of the passenger window.

It's crazy because the car just went right by me so quickly I'm glad I wasn't around the area where he crashed.

Powered By Love

Day 6

Had a 10 minute meditation session today. I still have a lot of monkey chatter in my mind. I think it will be a while before I will be able to keep my focus on the present moment for long periods of time.

Also I downloaded and started listening to a new audio book today. I will use my daily commute to work as the time to listen to audio books and podcasts. This will help me to make better use of my time and energy.

Powered By Love

Day 7

Today was a busy day, I had to meet a friend after work and then met up with my girlfriend.

I managed to get 5 minutes of meditation in for the day. 

Powered By Love

@ZenBlue I love how you've been consistent with your daily meditation and how the time flows by for you while meditating. You're making good progress with your meditation! 

@Zane Thank you Zane! I appreciate your words of encouragement :D

Powered By Love

4 minutes ago, ZenBlue said:

@Zane Thank you Zane! I appreciate your words of encouragement :D

My pleasure! I love writing words of encouragement to people! 

Edited by Zane

Day 8

I had a 15 minute meditation session today. 15 minutes actually didn't go by that quickly. Adding that 5 extra minutes really made it feel quite a bit longer. I'm going to meditate for 15 minutes each day until it starts to feel comfortable, then I will increase the time again after that. I'm going to keep increasing the meditation sessions by 5 minutes every time I start to feel comfortable with the time I am doing.

Powered By Love

2 hours ago, ZenBlue said:

Day 8

I had a 15 minute meditation session today. 15 minutes actually didn't go by that quickly. Adding that 5 extra minutes really made it feel quite a bit longer. I'm going to meditate for 15 minutes each day until it starts to feel comfortable, then I will increase the time again after that. I'm going to keep increasing the meditation sessions by 5 minutes every time I start to feel comfortable with the time I am doing.

Keep up the fifteen minutes!

@Neill Definitely will do!

Day 9

Had a 15 minute session today.

I find that I have a hard time with listening to anything for long periods of time. When I have to concentrate on listening to something my mind drifts in and out of consciousness. I am constantly getting lost in my own thoughts and distracted by my immediate surroundings. Through daily meditation I hope to improve my listening skills and focus abilities.