iTommy

Affirmations & Subconscious Learning

8 posts in this topic

Hey all. I am trying to find "the best" way(s) to re-program my subconscious mind, and I'd like to get some input from you guys. 

I've been looking into affirmations, subliminals, binaural beats etc. and I find it easily overwhelming since there are so many different views on them. For example, some say that most affirmations on YouTube don't really work because they often use "I am..." instead of "YOU are...". Some say that binaural beats are pretty bad/even useless on YouTube because of compression, and some articles claim that YouTube binaurals are great even with compression. Some people highly recommend certain binaural sites, while others bash the recommended sites.

Anyways... I'd like to use methods of subconscious learning & re-programming (that actually work well), and thought that you guys might have some insights into this topic. I'd like to use techniques that make me feel confident, productive and goal oriented. I'm thinking of creating a list containing up to five affirmations that I will repeat every day (I am assuming that early in the morning and at night is the best time for suggestions) multiple times for five minutes or so. I was also thinking of creating a recording of my affirmations with my own voice and some music, since I am not sure if my mind would soak up the affirmations (especially the "I am" ones) that are made by other people. It would be great if there was something effective that I could use at night when I am sleeping too, again here I am not sure what I should pick. I am afraid to waste hours of my time using something that's not really effective.

So overall two things, one conscious practice of re-programming the mind while being awake, and another that's moreso a subconscious practice (used while sleeping).

I'd appreciate it if those that know a bit about this topic, could give me suggestions and insight into what you'd recommend me doing.

- Tommy

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

@iTommy

You have to experiment. I'm always trying new things to see what works and what doesn't.

I'd highly recommend looking into bioenergetics.

@iTommy

These are good for reprogramming the bright side of life. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T4IkbcnaeOE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ncgLW0z38Fk

Ultimately, you’ll want to transcend moving from negative thinking to positive thinking, and be without thinking. It is the thinking, itself, which is the problem. It stems from believing in things.

If you can listen to this every day early in the morning, twice a day would be better, in a meditative position, keeping your attention on breathing from your stomach, you’ll be experiencing life quite differently in one week. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5n9pLRsBx_Y

Be aware that you are becoming aware, and ego backlash feels like sudden negative confusing emotion - don’t fall for the thinking, or that you have to solve something.  Whatever that feels like, that feeling is you too, it is not a separate thing, and therefore can not hurt you. It does not need solving, just loving. Be friends with it, understand it. Relax, stomach breathe, enjoy the clarity about why it arose once it has passed. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I write down loads of questions and then answer them with how I would like to be

Excellent topic iTommy!!

What has worked for me over the past several years has been the continual nightly use of the following:

1. A simple Mp3 player (preferably one that has a loop feature and 40-60 hours of playback time). (For mine I simply use rechargeable batteries.) You can get a decent one on Amazon for about $25-$35 dollars.

2. A pair of Acoustic Sleephones (apprx. $99) from Amazon as well. (The wireless ones work excellently, but I also have a regular $39 wired pair for backup).

3. A good multi-layered Hemi-sync "Affirmation" audio track that runs apprx. 25-30mins. I have found the ones on Youtube on Rockstar Affirmations to be somewhat more effective over the last 6 months. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8Z7iD1vx3KjsyCi145yqSw

My nighttime ritual is simply, just before going to sleep I make sure the batteries in my player are fully charged and on the loop setting for the specific affirmation I want played. I make sure my sleephones are fully charged as well, cut on my player and simply drift off to sleep. To add to this I'll often visualize myself engaging in the desired affirmation activity over and over again as the affirmation recording is playing. I've found this really helps me literally begin to "feel" the emotions associated with that desired affirmation. Now I gotta be honest, wearing the headband as well as hearing the Affirmation track throughout the "entire night" (6-7hours), took a little getting used to (apprx. a week or two). but once I got used to it , it was smooth sailing.

Trust me when I say, if you use this consistently you will definitely start seeing results. It might take a month or two, but you will start seeing results in little areas of life daily. I highly recommend choosing one specific affirmation track and sticking exclusively with it if you're serious about wanting that particular message to be implanted into your subconscious mind while sleeping. Hearing that specific message looped over and over, hundreds of thousands of times, over the course of a few months, your subconscious mind has no other choice but to accept it. Which in turn will start to affect, not only how you see your self, but your attitudes, self-confidence, self-belief, and everything else in your waking daily life. I cannot over emphasize the importance of sticking to the nightly routine....it will be a little uncomfortable at first, but If you're willing to go the distance, you'll definitely begin seeing "real" results. Combine this with some form of daily reaffirming positive self-talk, and iTommy you'll be amazed at how fast your self-confidence, self-esteem, self-reliance, etc...will improve. (A good book I'd recommend reading as well regarding this is: The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles -by Steven Pressfield.

Like I mentioned at the beginning, I've been engaging in this nightly routine literally for well over a decade and it has changed just about every aspect of my life supremely for the better!!! Within like the first 4 months of me doing this consistently everything, little by little, got better...my relationships, self-confidence, self-esteem, life perspective, social life, career opportunities...everything!!!

Give it try.....believe me when I say, if you're willing to consistently stick with it for a few months...your life will never be the same again!!!

You can't reprogram what is already IT, only building upon what IS with light and mind. The consequence is, one will get stuck in duality. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@aurum I don't work out at the moment, but it's something that needs to be done for a healthy life. From what I've seen this is a good spiritual practice for emotional release. I'll do further research on this topic.

@Nahm What you wrote resonates with me. Subconsciously there's a lot of negative thinking going on. I'll give the Hemi-Synthesis a try for a month or more during meditation. 

@1x0 Mhm, that's part of the process, for creating your vision for life. 

@Prometheus Worley Nice! I'll check out your recommendations, and will probably give this a shot. The war of art is in my bookshelf, but I haven't picked it up to read yet, this will be one book that is now in my top books to read. The feeling part as you describe with visualizations is important, if it can't be felt then it's usually not really doing it for you according to my knowledge. Some people also use other senses like smell & touch combined with hearing/audio, to make it more "real". For now, audio must do. 

@Sahil Pandit Interesting... thanks for the link ;) 

@Hellspeed I've read this somewhere recently. You'd need a somewhat "clean slate", and then you build new beliefs upon it. 

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj