Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JevinR

Becoming A Strategic Mastermind

5 posts in this topic

I am reading The Art of War supplemented with a documentary, how does one master the art of strategy? I know 48 Laws is focused on neourosis, but how does one truly become a "strategic mofo", rather than just taking notes and passively learning about strategy through Leo's videos. How do you put this into practice? I have taken notes on how to not make strategic blunders, but am looking for mastery/diving deeper. 

The documentary;

Another question I have is regarding to a strategy video-game. I know games lead are neurotic, but this game is purely based on strategy. Just the chemicals responsible in the game is what leads one astray. When watching the strategic mofo video, Leo mentions "Macro" and "Micro", macro as broad-scale and micro as smaller, more immediate scale. These terms exist in economic studies, and more practically, in this video-game. The game is starcraft, and would be a huge waste of time, but what I'm thinking is that the more I study about strategy, the greater the knowledge to apply in real-life.( Although now that I really think deeply about it, I am thinking to just apply it just in a videogame), (An ephinany). How do you use this information and actually apply it to real life?

So far I see two precious resources, ranked in order of importance:

• Time (Indispensable resource, cannot be bought or sold)
  • Money (Dispensable, can be acquired)

I am thinking of getting a calendar, a day planner, corkboard/dry-erase board, a filer, and purchasing this paint in my bed-room to write strategies and other things  http://www.ideapaint.com/ideas . Of course, this all about goals, and enlightenment is one that cannot be achieved through such force, making it even more difficult, yet so simple. (Possible Complication)

So far, this post is just brainstorming. Can anybody help in aiding in becoming a strategic mastermind?

Edited by JevinR

@JevinR It all starts with self knowledge.

When it`s there you reached the ability to be creative in any field you can think of.

As example; I`have given lawyers advice on specific topics while hating everything that`s got to do with law in the past. Never studied it.

Currently I am developing new strategic tactics in the field of law. Like life purpose had to find me rather than opposite.

With self knowledge you can do whatever you want to do, master everything you like.

22 minutes ago, Henri said:

With self knowledge you can do whatever you want to do, master everything you like.

Yes, when you fully commit yourself to mastering it. 

Good point about connecting the dots where there seemingly are none.

~Chris

Like you mentioned I think strategy based video games would be a great way to practice your strategic skills. Also chess is a great strategy based game and could help you put it all into practice as well.